• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Are Your Self Confidence Songs?

Guest Lily B

For confidence....

Either Utah Saints take on the Theme to Mortal Kombat,

or Stan Bush's The Touch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• MaryEllen

• Charlize

• mara13

Guest Bellexia

Death Stars practically anything. Preferably Modern Death. The world will keep on turning with or without you. Keep going, fight on and never care about the mark you leave. It will be trampled over by the hooves of the rest anyway. Survive.

Been quite awhile since I've really listened to music for a confidence boost. But the main two songs that spring to mind are Minority by Green Day, and Mirror Mirror by Blind Guardian.

Guest Jaques

Most definately "who's your Daddy" by Toby Keith because i used to do that when i performed as a Dragking, before I transitioned and it made me feel very macho, lol! Heres a pic of me at my lst gig in Birmingham at Pride

1013_zpsd7e312c9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CelesteSky

Misguided Ghosts by Paramore :3

See, I'm trying to find my place
But it might not be here where I feel safe

We all learn to make mistakes
And run from them, from them
With no direction
We'll run from them, from them
With no conviction

The song just calms me down :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Micha

Anything by Hatebreed. Seriously, anything. They're all about overcoming obstacles, finding strength within yourself, confronting your demons and your faults and turning negativity into productivity. Hatebreed gives me courage when I'm in my darkest places.

Marilyn Manson's Irresponsible Hate Anthem .

Streetlight Manifesto brings my mood up significantly, I can't help but dance every time I listen to them.

Sarah McLachlan's World On Fire and Train Wreck too.

For confidence....

Either Utah Saints take on the Theme to Mortal Kombat,

or Stan Bush's The Touch.

XD

You have the power!

Love the MK soundtracks.

• Forum Moderator

"Pretty Woman" always gets my back straight ,my butt out and a wiggle in the walk.

Hugs,

Charlie

-What's love got to do with it?- Tina Turner, makes me feel sassy and independent. I was always in love with her from childhood. One day here, I will tell the story of accidenally getting into her concert for free and winding up sitting on the stage wing. She gave a VIP performance for me, that was a Godshot of my life time.

If I ever meet her in person, I would love to share the story and give her the twenty bucks I owe her. If you ever saw her movie, you would know exactly when her concert tickets were selling for ten bucks. She rocketed up from their. That gives me inspiration to rocket myself. :thumbsup: Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Sarah Faith

For me that song would be "Hello Cold World" by Paramore, just makes me feel like I can always get back up from whatever gets me down. :)

Sarah

Guest Jaques

"Pretty Woman" always gets my back straight ,my butt out and a wiggle in the walk.

Hugs,

Charlie

....I loved Roy Orbison, what a powerful voice coming out of a slit in his mouth - he hardly opened it - unique and a lovely man too by all accounts - I went to see him live in Manchester, when I was l5 - one of the most lovely duets he did was Crying with K D Lang

Edited by Sarah Faith
Moved new text out of quote box

....I loved Roy Orbison, what a powerful voice coming out of a slit in his mouth - he hardly opened it - unique and a lovely man too by all accounts - I went to see him live in Manchester, when I was l5 - one of the most lovely duets he did was Crying with K D Lang

Now there is a distinguishable voice along with BB King, Ella Fitzgerald and Mahalia Jackson amongst many others.

Thanx Jaques!

Huggs, :wub:

Joann