• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Did Something Really Stupid..

Guest Samurai_Kid

Guest Samurai_Kid

I used Veet on my mustache.

To be fair, I wouldn't call it a "mustache" but it was hair. I've had it since I was a little kid, hormone problems and all.

I have never put much mind to it, but since I'm a "young woman" people have been commenting on it (even my doctor) and it annoys me. Plus, I wanted it off by Summer anyway..

Would that do anything bad to my skin? I heard that you can get damaged. I had it on for eight minutes, and I put it on three times so that's 24 minutes in total.

My lip feels irritated and it's red, but it should be better by the morning. I put some Vicks and Vaseline on it, for safe measure.

Guest ~Brenda~

I am sure that you will heal just fine. Hair removal lotions/sprays are intended for non facial hair. Don't use these products on your face or genital area. This is clearly labeled by the manufacturer.

Brenda

Also, I recommend looking at the FAQ page from the Veet forum

http://www.veet.us/faqs.php

Edited by ~Brenda~
Added Veet link
Guest Emily Ray

I am sure it will be back to normal by morning. I have done the same thing in the past and the redness goes away after several hours. Live and learn!

Huggs,

Emily