• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is There A Doctor In The House?

Guest Matt and Mia

Guest Matt and Mia

Alright then... so I'm figuering that I'm andro, but! Through looking around on the internet I've seen things that seem to indicate that this sort of thing would be super prominent... and frankly folks it's just not. Well atleast not now, and I just wonder if I'm not acting.

I wonder if I'm acting because while slightly feminine behavior did occur while I was young, I have aparantly always been pretty much a guy. I had a barbie, I played with My Little Ponies things, I think I wanted an easy bake but didn't want to ask for it. At some point though I was just a weird kid, not questioning wether I was male or female. This questioning of who I am inside, has happened recently, and the more I think about it the more I figure that I'm just simply missing something that would show me I'm either one or the other.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this but I'd like to figure out what I am you know? Anywho... tell me if I need to give any extra information pleeeese?

Have a nice day!

~M+M

Guest JaniceW

M+M,

This is the exact question that gender therapists are trained to help us answer. The problem is that only you can answer your question, no one else. I can answer for me, but not for you. It is not an easy question to find your answer to though and that is why it is very helpful to have someone assist you that is professionally trained to deal with gender problems.

• Admin

It's a misnomer, hon, to think that you wear being trans on your sleeve all the time, and that it would be obvious to everyone, especially

yourself. Sometime you might feel strongly one way or another, sometimes to the point where you're totally confused. It happens a lot,

especially for younger people. If you're born male and don't feel like playing with dolls all the time, it doesn't prove your not trans,

and if you're born female and don't feel like playing baseball and fixing your dad's truck, it doesn't prove you're not trans. It's more

complex and subtle than that, often enough.

Just roll with it for now, and see how you feel over time. Eventually you will probably want to see a gender therapist, but if you aren't

desperately depressed or anxious about your gender, then there is no rush. Look through the forums, see what other people have said, ask

questions, and you'll eventually start making sense of your own feelings.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Krissy163

Hi Matt and Mia, I'm guessing your screen name is a male and female alias you prefer to use? Correct me if I'm wrong there just trying to figure it out. I'd like for you to think back to your early childhood, did you have girl siblings and family members around to make those girl toys available to you or did you just see them on a tv commercial an really want them?

Its not always evident from a very young age sometimes GID can become much more evident in puberty once changes start happening the mind doesn't understand or even much later in life like I'm sure you've seen across the boards with our wonderful moderation staff on the site. Just because you were interested in some guy toys doesn't make you 1 way or the other. Growing up I had 1 younger brother and 2 younger cousins, all boys, my first sister wasn't born till I was 5 years old, so no female anything around the house and I still wanted girly things, I'd use my mother's stuff lol.

But that being said, I did play with boys and boys toys because that's all I had, sucked but hey...that was life. When it comes to things like this there are so many variables that can change the dynamics of things easily. Its really just taking in the BIG picture...when you see a Gender Therapist, one of the things you will do is write out a biography and mention specific points you feel are relevant to your gender identity issue you're having. I found this to be the most useful part of it all, because over the course of the week or two after writing it, you start remembering other little memories, fragments of memories and piece things together you had forgot about altogether.

I was actually able to bring some of those childhood memories up to family members that baby sat me as a young child and they were able to validate they happened...and shook their heads for not catching on sooner.

Write a biography then break it down and pull everything you can into it over a week or two, then really reflect on what you've learned.

Guest Matt and Mia

No younger siblings, one older sister, but she was never home (She came from a different marriage, I don't think I met her untill I was eight or so).

Yep Matt is my real name, Mia is a charecter I'll RP as some times... She kinda assumed the role of the secondary gender identity. Also this started presenting it's self around the time I was eleven, been growing since then to the point where I actually just about mentioned it to my sister's fiance' (They're getting married some time in the summer we're all ver excited).

I would looove to go to a GT but I would probably have to fund it personally, and then there's time constraints, and honestly, I'd rather get this sorted out on my own before I tell anyone. A few people know and they didn't react too bad, but they only knew me through the internet. Sooo... yea, thanks this does help a lot, it's not a serious issue, I'm pretty comfortable just chilling, and "rolling with it" (One of my favorite terms juuuust so you know!)

Thanks for all the help, more is allways appreciated, I'll be taking your advice and let's hope eventually I'll chat with a GT or something..

Best wishes

~M+M

Guest Matt and Mia

So since I like telling people who migh tbe interested what happens...

I offered to be the second girl today at a friend's birthday party (she was the only one) and she didn't seem to even notice... though she probably didn't hear me.

in anycase, things are still going pretty well, random question is there a better place for this than here?

oh I've cross dressed, it's fantastic, a little cramped to be sure (underware!) but still I enjoyed it... oh and my girlfriend wants me in a dress, I love her so much zomigawd...

*ahem* uhh... oh and I think I'll stick with Andro, being MTF just doesn't work for me, since I'm often pretty male in my head, and equally pretty female... I kinda want to graph it to show how it flucuates better.

Support for me being Andro I was reading Psychology books because that's what I like to do with my free time that I don't have, and I came to a part about different parts of people's personalities. Each part had two extreems and a middle, I fell in the middle every time.

Hope no one minds my random updates!

~M+M