• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does Anyone Apply Nail Polish On Your Toe Nails?

Guest Eveanna

Guest Cait

done it alot to toes and fingers.

In fact, it was a great step in my tranz process as i learned to ignore certain people

and get "heckled" by my family and others. i even lost a job when a co-worker would alays ask if i was gay.

this was fairly beneign i suppose, but i consider myself more in the middle of genders, in every way.

this is lots of fun and i do it , but not so much now that the weather is warmer.

Recently had a major moment of crisis in my transition and am undercover at the moment.

Enough people know already and don't truly seem to care.

In fact, this is one thing that seems left over from the 1960's and the more tame era of americana.

Seems women don't even wear dresses anymore and i think it's strange.

When I see certain things I wonder about my future, although people keep saying Germany accepts trans-women. B)

Colour Me,

Cait

• 1 month later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Heck yeah I do! (which reminds me I need to do mine again)

The fun thing about toes is that you can do them just about any color. You can do loud bright colors for summer, darker colors for fall, any shade of pink or red if you're just feeling really girlie, clear or nude shades if you just want them done but want to keep them looking natural. You can be wacky and do like electric blue.

If you only dress at home then during day knowing your nails are painted under socks is like a little secret you have from the world. "I'm a little girlie and you can't tell!" If your spouse/so knows and is okay with it, I say go for it!

Guest DeniseNM

Heck yeah I have mine painted all the time for about 5 or 6 months now. Generally I change the color about every 2 or 3 weeks but it just depends on my mood at the time. Like Lizzie said if you aren't out in public yet it can help your self confidence because you have a little secret that no one else knows.

Anyway I love having my toenails painted, along with my fingernails too. :rolleyes::D

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flora

I had a pedicure almost a month ago and had my nails painted a dark pink colour. The absolutely gorgeous :wub: girl doing it was surprised when I said I wanted them painted, even more surprised when I chose a pink colour, but seemed to be proud of me for taking care of my feet.

She said the colour I picked out was really pretty :blush: and I can't wait for this weekend when I have my next appointment to get them done again! :D

Its winter so my feet are always covered, but I think for summer I will go a pale pink and hope not many people notice :unsure:

<3 Flora