• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trapped

Flint

Hey everyone hope your all have a good day :)

At the end of 2006 i came out to my parents. They have never tried to call me Matt, not that i expected them to right away. I mean it's not an everyday thing you hear is it? I didn't expect them to accept it right away, not at all. But i did expect, that although they'd struggle that maybe they'd try to understand where i'm coming from. I also thought they would sill be there for me whatever i chose. Well actually....I had fears that they would abandon me, but i kept telling myself "Nah they are your parents. They won't do that!" The other week i was talking to my mother about changing my name legally. She got in a mood, she said "Well i won't take you anywhere if you change your name legally. Nor will your dad. You'll have to find your own way to hospital appoitments and such things" Okay, that doesn't sound like the end of the world does it? but here is the thing: I'm in a wheelchair. I used to get a taxi everyday to college, i had to leave for health reasons. The taxi drivers were really not very good with the wheelchair, when i got home from college they pretty much got the chair out the boot of the car, threw it over to the side i was getting out of, leave the foot things that you put at bottom of chair for feet obvioulsy lol....Just leave them next to the chair and drive of....So i'm sat there in my chair, reaching down to the floor trying to get the feet things on....a few times i had to reach so far that i fell out of my chair. I can't get to a bus stop i live down a hill. I have a manual chair, i'm not classed as disabled enough for an electric wheelchair. Even though i can not walk at all. I could buy my own but i simply do not have the money or the space. can't get to train station not without a lift from a taxi, bus or of course mum or dad...... It's making me extremley sad, sometimes even suicidal. How long had you been out before parents accepted you if they ever did? I don't know if this is a pointless post or not....But...i feel so trapped.....I don't wanna make it so i can no longer go out what so ever it's alread hard enough aas it is but mum and dad will take me out at the moment, as i'm not out to rest of family and haven't changed my name legally. I dunno what to do. I really don't...It's like my mother is using this against me, the fact that if they won't take me out it could be pretty impossile for me to get out. It's like she's keeping me in this lie and this is how she can keep me in it for as long as she wants too. I have no friends, close by. I lost them all....Well i never really had any real friends.....so ihave no friends who can help out, my sister is bullying me to the point where sometimes i just think why do i carry on living?! if i'm always gonna be treated like this. basicly i come out to rest of family live full time as male and they pretty much abandon me and leave me somewhat stranded.....I carry on living this lie and...well wwhat it comes down to is either a life or death situation (No i'm not being over dramatic i honestly feel i'd end it if i had to live this way forever) But i'm not sure how i'd cope if i was abandoned either.....I don't honestly see a light at the end right now :mellow::(

Guest Sergei

My mother had the same sort of response when I first told her that I was going to change my name legally. She couldn't bear the thought of me changing it, and she also hated the name Sergei. I went ahead and bought the deedpoll form off of the internet anyway and did it.

I gave her an ultimatum. I told her that if she loved me she would respect the decision I had made and would make an effort to use the correct pro-nouns and my new name. I told her that if she wasn't willing to do this then she shouldn't bother talking to me anymore. I can see that in your situation it is slightly more difficult because of your reliance on your parents. I'd just do it if I was you. Once it has been done and your parents start seeing how much happier you are they will probably begin to except it. My mother is great now with the name, and the pro-nouns. I think she is actually really comfortable with the whole situation as well now, because she has seen how much better I am these days. I hope everything works out for you. x

Guest raydub

Matt.

im not sure what to say..but i hope to high heavens that you hang in there buddy. it sounds really rough and i hate to hear you going through things like this, but hang on. since your parents will still take you places right now, maybe you can just work toward meeting and making friends right now. people that can help support you for when you do get your name change and continue on with transition.

good luck man. my thoughts will be with you.

Ray

i agree with Ray, you should make some friends who like you for who you are. it sucks that parents are doing this though, it almost seems like an abuse of power on their part...like they're using this against you. i did basically the same thing as Sergei with the name change issue, i told my mom i was changing my name no matter what she thought and if she didn't like it i would just move in with my dad...needless to say, i was out of her house within a week...but i got my name changed. i do realise that your situation is different and it really sucks that you have limited mobility, but again, maybe take advantage of your parents driving you places for now and make some good friends.

stay strong man!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • FelixThePickleMan
    • Ladypcnj
    • Ali_Genderlfuid
    • MaeBe
    • Kait
    • Susie
    • SamC
    • Karen Carey
    • Mmindy
    • RaineOnYourParade
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Ran91
    Newest Member
    Ran91

1. Caridad
      Caridad
    2. Certbunnie
      Certbunnie
      (25 years old)
    3. EstherElle
      EstherElle
      (43 years old)
    4. Juliet
      Juliet
      (43 years old)
    5. MelissaAndProudOfIt
      MelissaAndProudOfIt
      (59 years old)
    • Ali_Genderlfuid
      Cool! Your username is pretty cool, sir. (Do I call you sir? Mister? Mx? Please tell me)
    • MaeBe
      To be fair I’m pretty lost when it comes to makeup technique. I’ve watched videos, but I have no idea what works for or would help my features. So I just bungle along, hoping I don’t look terrible. 
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon Cynthia,   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums you're among like minded people here.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums, @Ali_Genderlfuid   It's nice to meet you as well. Take your time, read, and join in on the threads that interest you. I've learned so much here, and have been helped by so many kind people here on the Forums.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Nice to meet you!!   I'm seventeen too :) 
    • MAN8791
      Violin, piano, voice, classical recorder.   I'm currently writing a musical without collaborators so writing lyrics and composing music also.
    • Charlize
      Welcome Cynthia   Glad you found us. For me having a safe place to share my journey towards self acceptance was so helpful. You are not alone.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Ali_Genderlfuid
      I'm new here and I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Ali, I'm 17 and I am genderfluid. My pronouns at the time of writing this are He/they but mainly pronouns I use are She/ he/ they/ it. Its a pleasure to meet you all!   Thank you for reading! Ali ❤️
    • RaineOnYourParade
      There's many words to describe the same idea -- excellent, good, amazing, incredible, great, and other synonyms, for example. It's a shame that some people can't realize that the reason that so many words exist is that it's the human experience; There's a million ways to feel the same exact thing, or to express it. That includes gender. Not everyone wants to express their gender the same way, trans or no. If we try to say in order to be trans, you have to do a, b, and c, you deny all those "flavors" and "hues" that make up the human experience.   That's just my five cents, though
    • Cynthia Slowan
      I also play guitar, not very well though and dabble in writing poems and songs. It is a very peaceful way to relax.        💗 Cynthia 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I think the first thing may be to realize we have shared interests and shared opposition.  I read an article not long ago by someone who decided to non-op and non-hrt and her transgender friends basically decided she was a traitor and not really trans and had no right to speak on trans issues.  She said many trans people say you aren't really trans unless you do the whole surgical route and legal, etc.  Some insist on the gender binary, others insist on a spectrum.  There must be an agreement to disagree.  Not all of us here have the same viewpoint or the same experience or the same condition.  But we can identify common interests, like walking into a public restroom without fear of arrest, or the right to medical care.    The divisions are severe, heart-felt, and real, but from a practical point of view we need to lay some of those aside when we can for the common interest.  Some of those we cannot lay aside because of personal integrity, but we can work across the aisle, so to speak, something sadly lacking in the public arena today.    
    • Cynthia Slowan
      Thanks Vicky!  I made a mistake with my topic heading, I consider myself as a Lady but I know that not everyone here thinks that way so I apologize for that.   I should say Hi everyone!! 💗 Cynthia 
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums Cynthia.   We do have gentlemen here as well who are some of the nicest guys you can get to know.
    • VickySGV
      @Mirrabooka@Abigail Genevieve Let's not neglect the severe divisions within the Trans and NB sector as well along those lines.  Where we have Non Op & Non HRT and Cross Dressers, Gender Benders, Gender Fluid, Agender et al VS. the full surgical route takers with GCS, FFS, BA and vocal surgery,   Which of those segments gets to speak for the others?  How do we turn them into a cohesive force for good just among those nominally under the Trans shade tree?? 
    • Cynthia Slowan
      Hi, I am Cynthia, 62 year old lifelong crossdresser.  I have been dressing off and on for as long as I can remember. In the last ten years or so I have noticed that my dressing has become a major part of my life, I went through all of the purging and confusion and I came out feeling more like a woman every day.  Self acceptance is very powerful if you truly accept who you are.    Over the last few years I have built a nice wardrobe and now spend about 80% of the time as my true self. I only wear male clothing when visiting with family and running errands. I don’t know if I am trans or not, all I know is that I absolutely love myself as a woman and that’s how I feel about myself, that I am Cynthia.   I love wearing makeup, dresses and jewelry, it feels so good and natural to me.     I am thankful to have found this special place and look forward to being a part of this beautiful community!!  I hope to learn about myself and also to participate and interact daily and to help others in their journey as well.    If I could I would absolutely live full time as a woman and hopefully with help and encourage I will one day fulfill this dream. I love being a woman and thinking of myself this way. I’ve never thought much about my pronouns but I definitely like she/her for myself!!   Thanks for reading and I look forward to being here and sharing with you all!!     💗 Cynthia 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.