• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Passed...by Accident...lol

Guest Robin Winter

Guest Robin Winter

So for Christmas, my wife got me a gift certificate for a pedicure, and for her birthday (it was on the 13th) I got her a gift certificate for a full set of bio-gel french-tipped nails. They're done at the same place, so I waited until now to go so we could go together. So anyway, we were wandering the mall finishing our coffees before we went to the spa, and one of the places we wandered in to was a womens clothing outlet, Tanjay. The lady at the counter was talking to another woman, and looked up at us and said "good morning ladies" with a big smile, then went back to talking to this other woman. There was no evidence on her face that she felt she'd made a mistake, and I couldn't help but grin about it. For like...half an hour. The odd thing is, I'm not out in public, but I do have a bit of a feminine look, especially my hair. And most of the clothing I was wearing were ladies clothing (Jeans, sneakers, and a hoodie), though not OBVIOUSLY ladies clothing. Still, I'm sure if she hadn't looked so quickly she wouldn't have felt I was a woman. Even so, if I can pass at a quick glance, I guess I've got some potential :D

On another note, I have an appointment tomorrow with my GT and I'm supposed to be getting my HRT letter ^_^

Exciting!!!

I think that's great Shilo. It must be something special to be ma'amed. That must make you feel you are on cloud nine. I've never been ma'amed yet and have been on HRT for about 3 weeks. Although I know it will come.

I like the fact that you wife doesn't mind you getting a pedicure. I don't know how much she knows but at least she is accepting to some degree.

Jenny

Guest Robin Winter

I think that's great Shilo. It must be something special to be ma'amed. That must make you feel you are on cloud nine. I've never been ma'amed yet and have been on HRT for about 3 weeks. Although I know it will come.

I like the fact that you wife doesn't mind you getting a pedicure. I don't know how much she knows but at least she is accepting to some degree.

Jenny

Oh, my wife has known everything for a few years now. She's very supportive most of the time, though she does backslide now and then. She's been after me about getting a pedicure for a while now, and she decided to take matters into her own hands for this one lol. It was pleasant, but I felt like the lady was rushing. I didn't feel pampered like I should have felt, and I wasn't really satisfied with the end result, rough edges on the nails etc. I might have to look into other spas, I want the full experience.

• Admin

Wow, what a wonderful day, Shilo. Was that the first time you've been ma'amed? If so, I'll bet you'll never forget it. It really is a special thing to experience, and you never get used to it.

It's too bad your pedi didn't turn out so great, but it does give you a good excuse to try another place.

Good luck tomorrow with the HRT letter, girl. I'll be crossing my fingers and my eyes for you. :blink:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Robin Winter

Wow, what a wonderful day, Shilo. Was that the first time you've been ma'amed? If so, I'll bet you'll never forget it. It really is a special thing to experience, and you never get used to it.

It's too bad your pedi didn't turn out so great, but it does give you a good excuse to try another place.

Good luck tomorrow with the HRT letter, girl. I'll be crossing my fingers and my eyes for you. :blink:

Carolyn Marie

LOL, thanks hun. And yes, that was the first time.

Guest Cynthia Of Creation

lol I pass only for a mans man, i think thats the expression, thats always confused me. any way you got me beat! lol. congrats.

• Forum Moderator

Great when that happens Shilo ! I am sure that made your day !

I remember my first "yes ma'am" it's a buzz that sticks with ya for a while.

Best of luck with your GT visit, may it go well.

Hugs -

Cindy

Hey Shilo,

Congratulations on the 'ladies'. :)

Some people say that the thrill of that will wear off and become mundane but I believe that they can only happen after you are full time, up until then it is the affirmation that you need to keep you going.

As to the possible HRT starting, I believe that the appropriate phrase here is Woo Hoo!

Love ya,

Sally