• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Post-op So And Happy Kat

Guest krazykat

Guest krazykat

:) Good Morning!! So wonderful to be a new member!! My name is Kat. I'm an androgynous SO of a Post-op trans women, Karen.

We had been married for 12 years when I was sat down for the coming out talk!! It didn't go well, but I got past the anger and found the person I'd always known was before me!! I'd been coaxing her out for 13 years!! She came to me, threw her true self at my feet, knowing in her heart I would leave and never look back.

That was Feb 15, 2005.

It was the beginning of a new life for us, together!! I was truly humbled by her love for me, that she respected me so much, she risked the one thing she feared losing the most, ME!!

As they say, "We've come a long ways, BABY!!"

This includes Thailand last October 2007.

We are closer and more in love than ever.

I've been told by many I'm strong and a rare breed.

I don't think so. I've just been blessed with being able to shed my bonds of humanity to love my soul mate, as I feel it was intended. :)

I hope to share and learn and laugh with new friends.

Kat

• Root Admin

Hello Kat,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Congratulations to you and your SO on her successful transition. It's good to hear stories with a happy ending.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Isobelle Fox

Hi Kat,

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

It really is very inspiring to hear about people who love each other enough to look past the conventions and expectations and see the real person inside. I think its easy for people, sometimes, in their own confusion, to remember that they aren't losing the person they love when a TS person comes out. Its the same person, just unburdened of pain and fear and confusion- the same person, but with the added dimension of freedom to give their ENTIRE hearts.

I am very happy for both you and Karen. What you've got is the real deal : )

Guest raydub

Kat!

Welcome to the Playground and thank you so much for sharing.

Really good to hear that your relationship has worked out. I look forward to being able to share the same story someday. We shall see.

Ray

Guest krazykat

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone!!

Ray, I hope you have the same happy ending one day, too!!

Believe me, it wasn't all sugar and nice in the beginning, we worked hard to get where we are now.

Everyday I make a choice to myself, that is to be here, where I am now, with this person as my partner.

The rest of the day goes much better!! :)