• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"the Dance"

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I've loved Garth Brooks' "The Dance" since I first heard it many years ago. It speaks of love found, and love lost, and pain and regret.

The lyrics spoke to me then at face value. I heard the song tonight for the first time in a long time, and these lines really jumped out

at me:

Our lives are better left to chance,

I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Those lines mean something totally different to me now. They speak to me of the randomness of being trans, of what I would choose if I

could, to be trans or not; but mostly, the last two lines, oh my! Yes, if I wasn't trans I could have missed the pain I've endured,

but the dance - the chance to be a woman, to live life as I had always imagined it to be, to dance my dance as a woman, that is something

I would not want to miss.

I just wanted to share that. If you care to listen to the song, here is the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3674595221543443747#

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• 3 weeks later...

I've always liked The Dance -- meaningful song.

The River has a similar meaning, and it's always been that's close to my heart. It's about being happy, and doing what it takes to be so -- definitely one that can be related to transition.

There are so many songs that hit us differently now, that is one that I have loved and cried to for ages, also If Tomorrow Never Comes has moved me from the first time I ever heard it.

Thanks for reminding me, Carolyn, I haven't listened to it for a while.

Love ya,

Sally

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Allison Michelle

Garth Brooks has a special gift of bringing some of the most beautiful and meaningful songs a person could hear. I've been a fan of him since I was a child. He can make you cry, make you laugh, or just make you feel good all over. A few songs that have always touched me are Unanswered Prayers, Learning To Live Again, and The Change. He truly is and always will be an artist.

AM