• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Halfway Sure But Getting Doubts...

Guest NellyR

Well I am a genetic born boy....17 in february.....And the way i am going to put this please forgive me if i am a bit graphic but this is how i feel.....So pg13...

Ever since i was young i did have a feeling i was not right as i alwasy did act like a girtl when i was young but then my father kept hitting me cause that was not allowed of me to act that way...and he beat it out after me but i always acted still more girl than boy.

At 8 i started crossdressing and everything such as make up and everything...then at 14 i started getting areoused at it then till now i still do....But it isnt only that why i could be trans....I hate evrything about me which is boysih...i dont like they way i have to act sometimes when with friends where i have to wear a mask...i get hurt sometimes if i dont wear this mask....Well i still am not sure of what i am but the physchologists say she will help after these anti depressants are in me.....O and sorry for the many mistakes, I got a problem in my fingers after the one accident

Doubts are just a part of the discovery process, Nelly.

We all are programed to be who others expect us to be so you are expected to be male, this has been reinforced by your father and others but inside their is a conflict between how you are 'supposed to be' and how you really feel.

This process takes time and if you find that you really are trans there will be more doubts and decisions to make along the way.

The best thing is that you are talking to a professional about it, listen to your psychologist, she seems to be willing to help but always remember any choices are your own and others can only advise - follow your heart, your mind can be lead onto the path of least resistance.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Nelly, what Sally said is totally true. Having doubts, wondering what the truth is, is very normal and expected. Even at my age I had such

doubts.

Is your therapist a G.T., and if not, is she at least researching the issue so she can help you with this? I do hope so. A G.T. knows how

to help you figure out the right path, and where you truly are along the gender spectrum. Be patient, and the answers will come to you,

just like they came to all of us.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Sally is very right in what she says. We have those doubts all our lives about many things, but when it comes to gender dysphoria, the doubts can be overwhelming.

Be brutally honest with that therapist and see if you can find a few answers. And remember, whatever comes out of it, you are what you are and that is perfectly okay. DO NOT let others tell you how to live your life. DO NOT live that life trying to be someone you are not. And do not despair - keep strong. NEVER take the path to suicide even when it gets too dark to think clearly - know you are a person unique in the world, and be proud!

Just me thinking on how it was for me early, like it is for you now.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing?

Lizzy

Thanks everyone....I had one talk with my therapsist and well before i can begin anything she wants me to take ant depressants cause my depression rating was waaay over the charts....But i told her how i feel and she said that she will help me transition cause she has had helped 2 already do so...