• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Violins

JenniferB

The violin is my favorite instrument. I love the emotion the violin can release. I may even purchase a violin in the near future. I've played a few instruments and I know I'm musically gifted. Although talent and skill are completely different. I'd love to take time to develop as much skill as I can compared to my age. Any here are some violin videos I believe are impressive.

Guinness Book of World Records of the fastest violin.

Mairead Nesbitt of Celtic Woman

Guest ChloëC

I love Maired Nesbitt. Well, actually I like all of Celtic Woman. But my absolute favorite violin piece is Ashokan Farewell by Jay Unger. The themes of loss, and times past, that run through it, as played on the violin are just very emotional.

Hugs

Chloë

• Admin

Yes, no instrument evokes emotion better than the violin. I love it, from Ashokan Farewell to The Orange Blossom Special to the Brandenburg

Concertos to Fiddler On the Roof.

Carolyn Marie

Violin is a great instrument, but for me any instrument is equal in terms of being able to convey emotion and even more so with a skilled user. One of my absolute favorite sounds is that of the Guzheng.

just to share some Guzheng, and now time to go explore youtube for some of that violin.