• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

You Know You're A Cd When...

Guest SidESlicker

Guest SidESlicker

So I figured that a fun sort of thread would be cool, and besides, who doesn't love inside jokes? Go all out with your responses and don't feel limited to one gender (a given with this group)

You know you're a crossdresser when.... (for the ladies)

-> Your wife finds lipstick on your collar and doesn't freak because it's the one she bought for you.

-> You know more about a women's lingerie store's merchandise than the store clerks

-> You own more fem accsessories than ties.

-> You've gone into work more than once wearing nylons/panty hose underneath your business suit.

-> You've burst out laughing when a friend who's not in on the loop makes a crack like "Well who wears the pants in your relationship?"

-> You've had to reassure your significant other that no, you aren't gay, and yes, you do love them, and no, the those shoes do not go with that skirt, for the love of god, just sit on the bed and I'll dress you myself.

-> You know every shoe store within a hundred km that not only carry your size BUT ALSO YOUR STYLE.

-> Your Facebook acount for your girl-side has more pictures and friends than your "everyday" account.

-> You've ever felt beautiful wearing exactly what you wanted and could look at yourself in the mirror and smile.

You know you're a crossdresser when.... (for the boys)

-> When somebody walks into a room and asks if anyone knows how to tie a tie, the first thing that pops out of your mouth is "single or double knot?"

-> You've nearly asphixiated yourself because you were an idiot and wore your binder for too long.

-> People comment on how perfect your beard is and actually start making small talk on beard trimming/shaving tips and you want to die from either laughing or happiness.

-> You've shopped at Le Chateau or American Apparel because they are the only stores within a hundred KM that carry xxs men's style wear and you know your only other option is the pre-pubescent boys section at Wall Mart.

-> You've gone to bed with your beard on and woken up to find all your pillows stained by "stipple kisses"

-> You know what "stipple kisses are"(+2 points)

-> You've gone to a straight bar for kicks and gloated over the fact that your packer is bigger than the bio man's beside you.

-> When all your hair products are specifically for when you're going out as a man, while your everyday self can have messy bed head and you could care less.

-> You've looked at a mirror after you've finished getting dressed and have broken out into an off key rendition of "I'm too sexy for my shirt"

And finally, for both sides of the spectrum...

You know you're a cross dresser if you've read this post and burst out laughing because at one point, you've done one or more of these things.

• Forum Moderator

Good laugh this morning Sid, thanks for the smiles.

Hugs

Cindy -

Guest kimberly c

So I figured that a fun sort of thread would be cool, and besides, who doesn't love inside jokes? Go all out with your responses and don't feel limited to one gender (a given with this group)

-> Your wife finds lipstick on your collar and doesn't freak because it's the one she bought for you.

-> You know more about a women's lingerie store's merchandise than the store clerks

-> You've gone into work more than once wearing nylons/panty hose underneath your business suit.

-> You've burst out laughing when a friend who's not in on the loop makes a crack like "Well who wears the pants in your relationship?"

-> You've had to reassure your significant other that no, you aren't gay, and yes, you do love them, and no, the those shoes do not go with that skirt, for the love of god, just sit on the bed and I'll dress you myself.

-> You know every shoe store within a hundred km that not only carry your size BUT ALSO YOUR STYLE.

-> Your Facebook acount for your girl-side has more pictures and friends than your "everyday" account.

-> You've ever felt beautiful wearing exactly what you wanted and could look at yourself in the mirror and smile.

-> When somebody walks into a room and asks if anyone knows how to tie a tie, the first thing that pops out of your mouth is "single or double knot?"

-> You've nearly asphixiated yourself because you were an idiot and wore your binder for too long.

-> People comment on how perfect your beard is and actually start making small talk on beard trimming/shaving tips and you want to die from either laughing or happiness.

-> You've shopped at Le Chateau or American Apparel because they are the only stores within a hundred KM that carry xxs men's style wear and you know your only other option is the pre-pubescent boys section at Wall Mart.

-> You've gone to bed with your beard on and woken up to find all your pillows stained by "stipple kisses"

-> You've gone to a straight bar for kicks and gloated over the fact that your packer is bigger than the bio man's beside you.

-> When all your hair products are specifically for when you're going out as a man, while your everyday self can have messy bed head and you could care less.

-> You've looked at a mirror after you've finished getting dressed and have broken out into an off key rendition of "I'm too sexy for my shirt"

You know you're a cross dresser if you've read this post and burst out laughing because at one point, you've done one or more of these things.

Guest kimberly c

Hi Sid, love your post, being a lady I identify with all the points for the ladies.

Love Kim

Guest Elizabeth K

MAGNIFICENT TOPIC!

I laughed and giggled... and want to add more, but I need to let all that soak in! We are such strange creatures we gender dysphoric!

My favorite:

Lizzy

Guest Elizabeth K

When the credit card bill lists: Victoria's Secret, Avenue, Lane Bryant, Catherine's... and it's not your wife's card.

When you take the car in to change the oil, because you don't want to ruin your nails.

When you look at a display of OPI nail polish, understand the colors and additives, look for your shade - AND - look at other possibilities by holding the bottles against your skin

When the grocery check out girl says 'thank you ma'am' and you realize you forgot to take off your earrings.

When what Oprah says, sorta makes a lot of sense.

When it takes you over 30 minutes to wash and fix your hair

When you cry at a broken nail, trying to open a jar of pickles

When you sign on at Laura's and understand exactly what is being said.

Lizzy

When you take your shoes off at the end of the day and realize your toe nails are still painted pink.

When you have to go to the bathroom and you stop just before you get there to check and see which bathroom you should go in.

xoxo

Shelly

Guest Krystyna_Marie

When you take your shoes off at the end of the day and realize your toe nails are still painted pink.

When you have to go to the bathroom and you stop just before you get there to check and see which bathroom you should go in.

xoxo

Shelly

I keep my toenails painted a lot now, I love being barefoot around the house with "Planet Pink" toes!!

I actually walked into the ladies room at one of our out-of-town offices and used it, thank god no one was in there, and I don't know whether anyone noticed - unintentional! :^)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlterSabrina

When the first thing you do when comming home and finding a buch of promotional leaflets is looking for cute skirts and dresses

When you see a girl the first thing you do is check out what she's wearing

When you feel like putting yourself in a cd-player and spin around

• 5 months later...
Guest sarah_marie

I really like the Lipstick one!!! LOL Had me going for a min!! Great post, needed a laugh this morning!!

Kisses

Sarah Marie

Guest Elena

When you get to the office and have to take your bra off thru your sleeve because you realize it is printing thru the shirt you are wearing.

When you check if your bra is printing before going into the office.

If your wardrobe includes smaller bresstforms and bras so you can wear them at work.

If your idea of an undershirt is a camisole.

If you tuck in guy mode because all you own is panties.

If you have more sexy underwear than your SO.

When you buy clothes for your natal sex based on wether it will hide underthings of your prefered gender.

Yeah, guilty of all of the above and most of the girly things in previous posts!

:lol:

<3

Elena

When you see a woman with a particularly fine look and you analyse WHY it comes together so nicely...

When you feel fabrics in the stores

When having nail polish is more important than having polish remover

When you have to check for mascara smudges before leaving the house

When you think about accessorizing

When you wonder if knee hi's might pass as socks

When you wonder if clear nail polish might not be noticeable

When its hard to separate your wife's clean laundry from your own

When you start listening to Pink and Nelly Furtado instead of guy music

And you know you're really getting hard core when you quit worrying what people think!!!

Hugs

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TessLaroo

Some of these made me laugh even though I couldn't relate to a lot due to personal circumstances still very funny all the same.

Thanks for the thread.

x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wendae

When you sit to pee no matter what mode you are in.

You don't care if folks notice your clear nail polished fingers and toes.

Don't care if anyone notices that you shave your arms, legs and chest.

That your ears are triple pierced and you wear expensive ear rings.

When you stop worring about excuses for the above :P

Guest Rowan19

When you wonder if you'd look good with facial hair XD

Hi I'm new. My real name is Madi, but by alter ego is Rowan. I go by either.

Ps. Does anyone know about realistic-looking fake facial hair? Saw it mentioned and just had to ask!

OMG this funny stuff. And ALL SO TRUE!

Also, when your wife puts her panties in your pile of clean clothes.

I love the one about touching fabrics in the store. Ever seen a guy do that?

Thank you for the humor.

Deena

Guest Isbella

I've got a good one :)

This actually happened to me.

You know your a good CDer when your at a friends 18th dressed as a school girl and many of your friends come up behind you and say, "who's this hot one?" haha

It was pretty funny XD

Guest sonia shadows

I am recently registered for this site but find myself I am defined by many of these thoughts, although I am closeted so have never had the 'public personal' moments. Looking to see if I fancy a girl and her clothes are thoughts that quickly follow one another!

Guest Rowan19

I got one from today. So today I kept on getting mistaken for a guy and all the straight girls were teasing me and calling me Josh, but it wasn't the teasing that bothered me. It was the fact they thought I looked like a Josh when I most deffinately look like a Rowan!

• Root Admin

I am recently registered for this site but find myself I am defined by many of these thoughts, although I am closeted so have never had the 'public personal' moments. Looking to see if I fancy a girl and her clothes are thoughts that quickly follow one another!

Quickly followed by "do her clothes suit me??"

What's wrong with feeling the fabrics? With me dressing is all about feeling and the fabrics are a big part of it.

Absolutely nothing wrong! So many of the fabrics of female clothing have such a sensual feel to them, viscose dresses, satin blouses, chiffon layers, they are so wonderful to touch! Even better to wear! :D