• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Any Retro Gaming Enthusists?

Guest ametur_poet

Guest Luna_Luv2942

My dad gave away our SNES when we were kids ):

But I still got my Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, GC, PS2 and Xbox and bought a Dream Cast a few years back at Good Will (may need to buy another one soon!)

Hopefully will find a SNES that works in the future (: Anyone on here know how to fix a DC?

Guest LauraAlice

I guess I am a little to young for the whole Nes thing. I still have my SNES, Sega Genesis, N64 and PS1. My Sega Saturn died last year. I got an Atari 2600 a couple of years back I think I have joust and centipede for it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Roseate

Oh boy, I love my retro systems and game, I have a lot of systems, NES< SNES< Genesis, and Saturn to name a few, but my baby is my Sega Master System :D

Guest SherriB

I love classic gaming. I still own most of my systems that I have bought over the years. Currently hooked up to my TV is my PS3 and my hacked Wii. I love my hacked Wii. With it I can play NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Graffics 16, PS1 (though the PS3 does that too), but most importantly MAME Arcade game. I love busting out Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Burger Time. To me, those are the three hardest games of all time.

Guest Melissa~

PC emulators beat the old NES hands down, It's called save and load, something the NES generally didn't support.

Now the trick to getting the experience right is to use a xbox 360 controller (with a PC reciever, Yes MS markets such a package, any standard 360 controller will work the reciever looks a bit like a micro mouse.)

In your emulator you should be able to map the 360 controller to inputs approximately like the old NES pad, excpet the old NES pad wasn't wireless, with save on the left shoulder and load on the right shoulder buttons :superman:

You really don't want to know how many OS's I have installed underneather windows 7.

Guest otter-girl

and an easy way to get into the 6502 processor,

That brings back memories of self taught assembly on Acorn Electron computer (2MHz, 32K Ram, 32K Rom). No protected mode cpus. All pure DMA. Cracking the primitive copy protection on tapes to get the games onto the new fangled 5.25" floppies. lol.

Zalaga, Elite, Classic Adventure. Nostalgia.

Hugs

Rachel

Guest otter-girl

I love busting out Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Burger Time. To me, those are the three hardest games of all time.

Robotron 2084.

Rachel :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

That reminds me, I need to get my Sega Master System and Genesis back from my nephew...

I also have a Colecovision and the adaptor to play Atari games packed up somewhere with the original controllers.

At home in my room I just have a PS2 and a Nintendo DS but they're both packed up since I haven't played console games in awhile now.

The guy I went on a date with in Denver, he showed me his phone. I've never seen anything like it. It's a regular cell phone with a keyboard that slides out but instead of a keyboard it has a video game controller. D-pad, 2 buttons and select and start. I couldn't believe it, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen! (since sliced bread, obviously)

I feel pretty good now - I have Space Invaders and Asteroids on my computer! :)

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I feel pretty good now - I have Space Invaders and Asteroids on my computer!

..maybe it's time to update that anti-virus software? :huh:

I have seen on the internets wine glass markers that are vinyl reusable stickers in the shapes of the aleins from Space Invaders. Come to think of it, there is lots of love on the internet for retro gaming. I saw a coffee table in the shape of an old NES controller.

Guest Roseate

I feel pretty good now - I have Space Invaders and Asteroids on my computer!

..maybe it's time to update that anti-virus software? :huh:

I have seen on the internets wine glass markers that are vinyl reusable stickers in the shapes of the aleins from Space Invaders. Come to think of it, there is lots of love on the internet for retro gaming. I saw a coffee table in the shape of an old NES controller.

Oh it's not just a coffee table, it IS a NES controller ;)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone here played the sit down version of the 1983 Atari Star Wars arcade machine? That is the most aewsome game ever made and is still fantastic 29 years on. Play that in a dark room with the volumn cranked up and it's is heart pounding. I has a friend who owned one about 10 years ago that we used to play in his basement. It was incredible. But then it started going wrong all the time and he eventually sold it on. I'd have bought it but I had no room to put it and didn't have any money to spare as I was in early transition and on a tight budget. Great memories f that game though. And then there's the arcade Gauntlet game...

Pong! Just kidding. Our Wii is on the fritz, I sneak the kids DS too. My son loves to make female avatars for me. Giggle.

I wish I had all the coins I dropped in truck stop Asteroids years ago. I could have paid for a Freightliner. Today I have asteroids on my PC but it doesn't have the wow factor of a crowd standing around me in the truck stop. My moniker was "Mutt" and it was on the boards coast to coast. I had a misspent youth. Giggle. Jody

• 2 weeks later...

My first game system was an Atari 6400, wasted hours and hours on Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, pit fall, Donky Kong......you get the point hehe. I still love playing the older games, I found a great web page that has bunches of games including a lot of retro games. If I am permitted to post it here http://www.freewebarcade.com I found this while looking for Jezz Ball.

• 2 months later...
Guest Luna_Luv2942

I am a retro gaming enthusiast too! I have a sizeable collection starting a few examples being my Sega Saturn, PSX, PS2, Dreamcast and Gamecube. If it is out of style I got it lol

Guest Snow Princess Sophie

As a 90s kid, The Super Nintendo has to be my favorite system of all time. It's the Nintendo console that got the most 3rd party support, got the most quality 3rd party games. 1st party offerings were also solid. It started the golden age of JRPGs running from the SNES to the PS2. It's lineup of classics was so vast. It had classics like: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World 1 + 2, Chrono Trigger, Super Star Wars series, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Metroid (The best 2d Metroid game), and so much more. Not to mention, it hd the best pack ins like Super Mario world and Super Mario All Stars.