• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is There Anything I Can Do?

Guest Jennifer2111

Guest Jennifer2111

Hi, I am about to start HRT really soon and I'm beginning to start puberty.

I was wondering what effects have people experienced with HRT and what should I prepare for?

I've been working on my voice and stuff, but I want to make sure I'll pass and not end up looking horrible.

I'm really nervous and I don't know what to expect.

I'm in college and people have noticed already things about me already, but I don't know if I should drop my class and start next semester to prevent given made fun of or if I should just stay and get through it.

So, I'm really scared and just want to be myself without being beat up or made fun of.

Thanks.

Mods: you can move this if I didn't post in the right section.

At your age I don't believe you have anything to worry about. Hormones should take their effect fairly fast. although your mileage may vary I've seen many trans people change very quickly at your age.

Jenny

Hormones won't react so fast to make any difference in classes you are right now. Yes 3 months could show, but might as well get the classes in now rather than later.

Guest Donna Jean

Hrt works slowly and it takes time....nothing just goes "BANG!"....dang it

Keep up your classes for now...there is absolutely no reason to quit...

Good Luck

Donna Jean

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I'm really nervous and I don't know what to expect.

I'm in college and people have noticed already things about me already, but I don't know if I should drop my class and start next semester to prevent given made fun of or if I should just stay and get through it.

If you're worried about your body changing so much within the semester, I say don't; the odds are pretty low. I've been on HRT for 11 months now and still use the male public shower without any problems.