• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Old Writings Reveal Gender Struggles

gennee

I read through some of my old writings prior to and after I came out. I was a jumble of confusion and longing. I was confused about my gender. At the same time I wanted to break out of my so-called normal existence.

After I came out, I gew into my new identity as a transgender person. I absorbed every experience that came my way. My gender issues stretched as far back as 2000. I didn't know what I was wrestling with at that time. It was much bigger than I imagined. I always believed that we possess both feminine and masculine traits. Why some are equated with one gender and not the other is beyond me. It shows the fallacy of the gender binary system when someone goes against it.

I have changed my belief system many times though my core beliefs are intact. Belief systems aren't as fixed as society would like us to believe. Treating other people as human beings is one of my main beliefs. I don't see how anyone can say that they love all people and mistreat some because of their race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

Here it is in 2011 and my life is different in perspective as well as in identity. It is ever evolving and I am happier now more than ever. I am at peace with who I am. Perhaps my transgender identity being revealed to me later in my life makes it all the sweeter.

Gennee

Thank you for sharing that, Gennee....I find it thoughtful and personally evocative.

From those of your posts I have read, I have the impression you are a person of faith, and

although I'm not personally, I share your bewilderment at those who profess to cleave to

a God of love and yet behave antithetically.

I've had the disheartening experience over the past week, of watching a newly elected Conservative

State government proceed to tear up our hard won anti-discrimination laws, as they relate to religious

bodies.

It will soon be possible for the various religious groups here to refuse employment to applicants on the

basis of sexual preference or gender, not to mention single mothers, adulterers and those whose own faith

they disapprove of.

This will, it seems, also aply to the welfare services they are paid to provide, via the tax payer, as well as

school enrollments.

While at the same time, I might add, allocating $4 million in funding to address the high suicide rate among

Gay & Transgendered youth in our schools!

I'm sorry if I have turned this into something of a political rant, hon, but I am simply angry beyond words.

Why can't these people read their own manual?!

Huggs,

Patsy