• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So I suppose my question here is really complex and requires some background. I was born as what I thought was a normal boy, but I developed cyclical headaches at around 9 years old. I eventually naturally sort of developed looking very feminine, and I decided to do the MTF thing to finish the job. I didn't need much therapy to get started on hormones, and have been on them for a little over a year now, but when I started the hormones, something wierd happened: the headaches went away, and I started getting cramps every 24ish days (I've been able to document a log of it, but it appears to alternate 21 or 22, then 24 or 25, then back every month.) The cramps have been getting worse, and the doctors are confused as to why they could be happening. I have little to no body hair, and pass extremely readily as a female pretty much 100% of the time. My doctors office has decided to approve me to seek out a surgeon to get this fixed with little to no actual therapy done on me... I just don't know how I'm going to afford it.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what am I? What could have happened here? Is this normal? Why do I keep getting cramps, and why do they increase with pain over time? Are there any financial resources I can take advantage of to get this fixed?

I'm not a doctor but it appears to me you are intersex. That means you have both male and female organs and take on sexual characteristics of both. You may want to research more about this before you go through surgery.

Jenny

Guest seanjamie

Hi,

i'm sorry if this is of no use but I felt I should contribute what information I have as you need as much information as you can get :).

I've heard of females who have bad migraines getting a similar problem round the time of their period like a migraine in the ovarian region or having abdominal migraines, but am unsure why this would happen to you?

Have you had tests done to check chromosones ?

Guest seanjamie

Hi

I was trying to say that this sounds like the migraines have become abdominal and this is common among some ciswomen that this occurs around the menstrual cycle and maybe you have are intersexed.

If you don't mind me asking have you gotten any chromosonal testing done, before you started HRT ?

P.s. Sorry I hope what I said earlier was not offensive it was not meant to be. :(

• Forum Moderator

Since you have symptoms of being intersexed there is a good chance that any insurance you or your parents have would cover testing. You'd need a referral from your Dr.

Your state social services office may also have information on any programs that may be available for testing. I would recommend not bringing trans into any of those discussions-just that your Dr suspects you are intersexed and that you need to be tested. Many insurance companies and almost every state program excludes trans coverage and once they hear you are trans any other info may not be heard.

Since this is your first post welcome to Laura's! Please feel free to post as much as you want in any forum whether asking questions, expressing opinions or sharing experiences. We are a PG-13 moderated site. You will have access to the PM system and profiles after 5 posts.

If you have not already done so, please read the 'Terms and Conditions' page, the link to it can be found near the upper right of most any Forum page

You might want to post an introduction in that forum too. I know people would like to welcome you and you might even get some of Sally's cookies or Dee Jay's hot cocoa

Hugs

John

Guest Anonymous

I have not had any chromosomal testing yet. I've sort of been at a standstill, not knowing what to do. My doctor does want to do ultrasounds of my abdomen to see what's in there, but hasn't yet. It's kinda been chaotic, all of this. :/