• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Just Saw Reel Big Fishhhh!

Guest Groove_Ghost

Guest Groove_Ghost

:groupwavereversed: What an amazing band they are to see live, so full of energy and constantly cracking hilarious jokes.

Despite what most people say about SKA being a quickly passing fad in the 90s obviously have never seen these guys live, you would be forgiven for thinking it was only a few days after Turn The Radio Of was released, EVERYBODY WAS DOING THE FISH YEAH YEAH YEAH :lol: Excuse the bad joke pwease :unsure: Couldn't resist :P

Anyway me and my GF went to see them and New Riot, The Kinks and Surburban Legends were there, each one of them was incredible but when SL played I Just Can't Wait To Be King I squealed with delight, soooooooo cute and amazing :D

Has anyone here seen them at all? Maybe on the current tour? Would be great to think one of you was there the same night I saw them

Guest tiffany_marie

I'm a punk girl at heart, but always liked ska as well.

I'm mostly into the more trad ska stuff. Desmond Dekker, Skatalites type stuff.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

I'm hoping to find a way to get to St. Louis later this month, to see Fishbone as they are my favorite live band ever.

Guest Groove_Ghost

:ThanxSmiley: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thank you it was such an amazing night!

We had a pretty bad time getting there, got lost, some not so nice guys on the train etc But when we got there none of that mattered, we were in a packed crowd with some of the greatest third wave SKA bands ever rocking the house B) All it needed was Five Iron Frenzy and I could have died one very happy girl :D

I do love some traditional SKA, Desmond Decker has always been a fav of mine and Jimmy Cliff did some really cool SKA type stuff, so underrated everything he did for music sadly.

Shame about the drunk, stoned guy knocking everyone over and trying to take his clothes of LOL :P , but even that couldn't spoil how amazing all the bands were

Hope you make it to see Fishbone!!!!!!!!

Guest tiffany_marie

Here's some local Joplin, Mo ska bands from the early to mid 1990's.

Joplin used to have a really good punk and ska scene.

Hope you enjoy!

The recording quality on the Hubcap release isn't very good as it was recorded on a cheap 4 track.. still worth listening to though!

HubCap "Wes Side Story"

Big Bad Chubba "silly girl"

Note if you click on my other post on the music forum, it's titled "for anyone into punk" it has a link to a blog that a friend of mine runs and it has both of those albums that you can download in their entirety for free.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Groove_Ghost

Sowwy I haven't been online much lately, life hasn't been...........The best :(

But yes I checked your links and they were some really great bands, you have great taste :D

I wantd to reply to your thread with Jimmy Cliff in but couldn't find it again :(

He is one of my all time favs, I LOVE HIS MUSIC, so happy and uplifting, when I listen to him I feel I can take the world on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats your fav song of his????

I love Desmond Dekker to, I have a set of his containing all his recordings, he is totally underrated, don't know why though

Oh do you like The Congos??? Heart of the Congos is in my top ten albums

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nikki2988
    Newest Member
    Nikki2988

1. Ale975
      Ale975
      (27 years old)
    2. BillieB
      BillieB
      (65 years old)
    3. BrokenDays
      BrokenDays
      (34 years old)
    4. Bryson
      Bryson
      (25 years old)
    5. Jolie
      Jolie
    • Susan R
      Speaking of hair days…for me, hair has always been the part of my presentation that had the most impact on my overall view of myself. It was much worse for me earlier in my transition. I enjoy experimenting with new hair styles so once in a while, I’ll end up completely redoing my hair because it somehow reminded me of my old self. Self image is a strange yet powerful thing and it take a lot of time and effort to change it.
    • Susan R
      Trans Group Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!   Coming up tomorrow is another Zoom meet-up with those in our community. This is an open invitation for members here to get together with others from our community. These Zoom meetings last sometimes 4 hours or longer so come join us when you can and leave whenever you like. Share your story or maybe just something interesting that happened during the week. It’s a fun time to chat, meet others, and just be yourself.😁   Trans Groups Zoom Meeting Times: May 18, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time May 18, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time May 19, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne   If you’re a member of our community, 18 or over and need a Zoom Link, Message me as soon as possible. I will try to get you a link ASAP.   Susan R🌷
    • Desert Fox
      I am working on a solo music project and I decided a few years ago I wanted to do female lead vocals. I’ve played instrumental music most of my life and sung as a male, mostly backup and harmony though, but very little lead. I never liked my male voice. People always clocked me as female on the phone so I’ve always had a more feminine voice. A little over two years ago I started training my female voice to sing and it has been a lot of fun, though I’m still not where I want to be. Consistency is my biggest challenge.    I try to make practice fun or I don’t stick with it. So I do a lot of singing along with my favorite cover songs…I use a vocal fader, and practice with a microphone, and often just record the blend with my phone to evaluate where I’m at and see what I need to work on. If possible I find karaoke mixes on YouTube where the lead vocal is removed and sing along to that.   I’m not sure I can offer much advice, I just do a lot of listening back and adjusting my technique and practicing until I like how I sound. Just a lot of practice. It will probably take longer than you hope to get where you want to be :) High notes will be challenging but every singer has to build up the muscles and technique and breath support and stretch the vocal chords and then their range will expand. My higher notes are in tune, but often sound strained, probably because they are. Some of that is tensing up in anticipation which I need to train myself out of doing.    I think “trans voice lessons” on YouTube is one of the best channels for tips and theory. Once you’ve found your singing voice and have that relatively consistent, pretty much it’s just working on technique, styling, articulation, range, like any singer would. 
    • Desert Fox
      I sometimes look too critically when I look in mirrors. If I’m presenting as male, I think I look too feminine. If I am presenting female then I think I look too masculine. It’s very irritating! Sometimes I think I get it down right. I guess everybody has their good and bad hair days and such, though. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.hrc.org/news/reyna-hernandez-latina-trans-woman-salon-owner-and-vibrant-spirit-killed-in-washington-state   This case is unusual, in that the victim was murdered in the U.S. and her body driven all the way to Mexico, presumably to hide evidence and confuse the authorities.    May Reyna rest in peace, and her vicious killer convicted and sentenced to a very long term behind bars.   Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
      We are forecast to be nice all weekend. Finally, getting a fair weather weekend.   Kymmie
    • KayC
      Hi @JenniferB - Welcome back! and nice to meet you! I applaud your desire to rejoin this wonderful Forum to share and help others.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    • KayC
      I cooked a breaded bone-in pork chop (seared in iron skillet then into the oven) an artichoke (w/mayo) and a frozen mac n' cheese that claimed it was "The Best Mac n' Cheese" ... and it was actually pretty good.
    • Davie
      Trump is accused of 26 separate sexual abuse crimes. What a guy.
    • Willow
      Well my work week is done and I’m exhausted.     @KymmieL your sign speaks the truth.   I almost forgot, stormy weather expected off and on all weekend
    • Ivy
      Right handed, but my left eye is dominant.   However left eye has cataract, So I've learned to hold my cup left-handed so I can see while drinking.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I'm right handed
    • DonkeySocks
      Sending prayers for your sister. I am sure the insurance thing will work out.
    • Ladypcnj
      Biden is our only hope, it will take a miracle if Trump loses again.  
    • Ivy
      Hope your sister does okay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.