• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Yay ,, Things Are Finally Moving Foward For Me

Guest Jinny M

Guest Jinny M

Hi Everyone , I haven't posted in a while.

I'm excited things are finally moving foward.. My theraphist has completed my refferal letter and sent it to transgender health clinical team leader for Fenway Health in Boston,MA.

They have reviewed and accepted my refferal letter and I have my 1st appointment with them on March 16th for them to go over my labs and give me a physical and setup a HRT treatment plan .

I also had my 1st laser hair removal treatment on my face 3 weeks ago and I was amazed when while washing my face with the expohliating pad when I looked at it and saw alot of hair on it. I go again for my 2nd appointment on March 29th

and finally I'm getting the rest of my body waxed this Friday, March 11th.

It feels so good to have some progress going in the right direction , I just had to share .

Thanks for reading ,

Jinny

Guest Lacey Lynne

Hon, this is great news!

Our journey is a marathon rather than a sprint and each milestone is very significant. A step at a time, hon. A step at a time.

We're VERY happy for you!

:welldone: Lacey Lynne

Guest Jinny M

Thank You Janice and Kat ,

I'm both excited and nervous .. I know I'm in for a rollercoast ride.. I'm lucky to have the support of my very understanding, loving, beautiful wife.

Jinny

Guest Jinny M

Thank You Lacey Lynne ,

The only things I'm really nervous about is From what we understand once the hormones start working in the brain there can be alot of ups and downs till the brain evens out. I'm just worried about losing interest in things I enjoy as a man, I like riding my Harley and ATV's , my wife likes them too , so I'm thinking positive and thinking that me loving to ride and work on them won't change.

Of course once the hormones help feminize me and it starts showing and being noticed by friends and family , I'll have to let them all know and though I'll still like to ride , I just may need some new friends to ride with , if the ones I have currently won't be able to accept and understand. As long as Myself and wife are happy thats all that matters.

I'm also just a little worried of how the hormones will effect me , when it comes time to be intimate with my wife . My Primary Care Doctor told me to bring that concern up to my care provider at Fenway Health at my 1st appointment when we are working on my HRT plan. He said, everyones body is different and everyone responds differently.

He said , they will have options available for me to decide on..

But other than those 2 concerns , I'm very excited !

Thank You , I greatly appreciate EVERYONES support ,

Jinny

• Forum Moderator

Jinny, those are really major accomplishments! You are well on your way now and it sounds like you are prepared to enjoy the ride.

May it be all you dream and more.

Hugs

John

Good for you Jinny!

I am so glad to see that you have things moving in the right direction.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest MonikaC

The only things I'm really nervous about is From what we understand once the hormones start working in the brain there can be alot of ups and downs till the brain evens out. I'm just worried about losing interest in things I enjoy as a man, I like riding my Harley and ATV's , my wife likes them too , so I'm thinking positive and thinking that me loving to ride and work on them won't change.

Of course once the hormones help feminize me and it starts showing and being noticed by friends and family , I'll have to let them all know and though I'll still like to ride , I just may need some new friends to ride with , if the ones I have currently won't be able to accept and understand. As long as Myself and wife are happy thats all that matters.

I'm also just a little worried of how the hormones will effect me , when it comes time to be intimate with my wife . My Primary Care Doctor told me to bring that concern up to my care provider at Fenway Health at my 1st appointment when we are working on my HRT plan. He said, everyones body is different and everyone responds differently.

Hormones don't change who you are or what you like. If you truly enjoy riding, that won't change. For me, my interests have changed a lot. But that was because nearly everything I did was a show for everyone else. I didn't realize how much of what I supposedly liked I actually couldn't stand. That said, I still love my zombie movies which is more of a masculine thing. So I wouldn't be too worried there.

My philosophy when it comes to "friends" acceptance is that if they are to closed minded and self involved to be accepting they aren't people I want to be friends with anyway.

And about the intimacy with your wife... yeah, things might change. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. My wife and I are so much closer and both get so much more satisfaction out of our intimate times now. We have adapted to our new situation quite well in that aspect. I'm sure that if needs be, you two can as well.

Guest Jinny M

Thank You Monika,

My wife is funny , when we were 1st discusing HRT , I told her the negative points it can do to my sex drive and emotions. She laughed and said thats great , you'll see and feel things from my point of view and be on my level . She likes that fact.

She said, shes looking foward to us spending more cuddle time together and getting closer.

We are both looking foward to it.

Jinny

Guest Jinny M

YAy ,, I just wanted to give an update. I got totally waxed Friday 3/11 ,, Ouchy !! I went to Fenway Health Today 3/16 , I dressed in tight womens jeans , womens sneakers ,womens blue and black zebra knee socks , womens t-shirt and womens sweat shirt of course matching bra and panty's, Perfume and earings . They addressed me as Jinny the whole time. I met with the Doctor , she was great. It didn't phase anyone what I was wearing , We discused my treatment plan , I signed ALOT of paper work and I got my scripts , I don't think I can list what and the dosage (E and anti-T ) . I also have a 1 month follow up appointment and also labs done at that time. At that appointment if my labs look good and I've been doing ok with the meds she may up the dosage and then a 3 month follow up and labs. I also took the Commuter Rail and Subway in and out no problems ,, 3 different trains in all. I highly recommend Fenway health to everyone here in the New England Area. they accept all insurances , if no insurance they work with you on what you can afford and they have thier pharmacy on sight.. They also have a Transgender Health Team ,made up of Theraphyst, Doctors,

Jinny