• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is The Iphone/itouch A Good Quality Recorder?

Guest chibi_usa

5 members have voted

1. 1. Please answer if you have one

• Yes
    • No

Guest chibi_usa

I was just wondering if the Iphone/Itouch had a good recorder that allows you to hear your EXACT or at least ALMOST exact voice without those staticy frequency things. Thanks! O=

Guest Linus Thomas

Actually, the newer iTouch does have have this ability. That said, I've done recordings on both and it seemed pretty accurate (although I didn't do a digital analysis for a perfect match).

Guest chibi_usa

Linus, the newer one. Which one do u mean? Please tell me the 3GS is good enough... Well don't tell me that but like hopefully it is

Guest Linus Thomas

Linus, the newer one. Which one do u mean? Please tell me the 3GS is good enough... Well don't tell me that but like hopefully it is

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/voice-memos.html

It's either 2nd or 3rd gen when they first introduced the ability to record on the iTouch. I know it's not the first gen.

And I don't know how to say that it's "good enough" as that is subjective. What is this for? I mean, if you intend to use this for a court of law, it may be ok but I would go with an actual professional digital recorder. If it's to take notes in a class, then it should be fine.

I'm guess you want to record your voice and see how it's changed?

Guest chibi_usa

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/voice-memos.html

It's either 2nd or 3rd gen when they first introduced the ability to record on the iTouch. I know it's not the first gen.

And I don't know how to say that it's "good enough" as that is subjective. What is this for? I mean, if you intend to use this for a court of law, it may be ok but I would go with an actual professional digital recorder. If it's to take notes in a class, then it should be fine.

I'm guess you want to record your voice and see how it's changed?

Ya lol! I want my real voice. XD. I don't want some BS voice that is fake, even if it does sound good on the iphone