• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Did You Get Them ?

Paula ult

My surgery is May 9, 58 days from now, i have all my supplies from Dr. Mcginn's list plus a few other things i read from other sites, everything except perishables which my companion will get once i am discharged from the hospital, my question for those that are post-op is what did you get the nurses for giving you good care and when, before, a few days after surgery or as you are leaving, and what did you get them, a big box of chocolates, flowers a plant ?

Paula

Guest Pammy

I would get them a sort of combination package, something store-bought and something personal.

The last time I had to spend time in hospital, I was extra nice to my nurses since they had to put up with my grumpiness. I sent a flower arrangement suggested by a florist (I know little about flowers) as well as a large tin of homemade cookies.

I always felt that a gift that was simply bought took little thought or time but something handmade showed a commitment and forethought. Plus cookies are yummy!

Love

Pamela

Guest Emily Ray

When I was in the Hospital recently I bought Flowers for the nurses station and they loved them. They really smelled nice. I had them delivered on the last day I was there and gave them to the nurse who was working with me that day. Nurses love food so a box of chocolate will always be appriciated.

Huggs

Emily

Guest DésiréeG

wow, i feel bad now, I didn't get them anything. Of course, I had 3 different nurses a day for 8 days, with only a few repeats so there was no one person to get anything for.