• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dr. Melady Preece, Vancouver Bc

Guest meagan

Guest meagan

I have been looking around for someone to go see in Vancouver and i came across Dr. Melady Preece. I was wondering if any other Vancouver or area people have seen her. She is pretty costly, but i wonder if she is easy to talk to. Does she make you comfortable? Is there anyone else maybe would be a better recommendation? I also looked at Dr. Alina Wydra. She is also costly, but offers online services as well should i not be able to make a city trip. I have no problem with a trip to the city as i will have to bus it there for some laser removal of the horrid facial hair. It would be nice to line up a therapist session and laser in a day trip. Plus i can get to hang with my friend Gloria or get in some shopping.

Any input is welcome or advice as to any other places to try looking. thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest kezzigirl

Hi Meagan... I know you posted this some time ago, but I see there were no replies and this is actually how I found this forum as I was Googling Melady's name the other night for other reasons and saw a link to here. So I signed up to answer this (well for more than that obviously) but I thought in case you were still looking I'd let you know my experience with Dr, Preece.

I've been seeing Melady Preece since early 2008 and she has helped me along my process to where I am today, 2 years fulltime and on the verge of GRS. When I first saw her I was pretty messed up and confused and she has gently helped me understand myself, and supported my process. I find her very easy to talk to, kind, warm, good humoured and she has tons of experience in the gender field. With all therapists, the dynamics of your own relationship with them is important - some therapists suit you better than others. But I would highly recommend Dr. Preece, based on my own experience. :)

Also, I live a ferry ride away from Vancouver and even though I never took her up on it, Dr. Preece did offer to conduct sessions over the phone or via Skype.

Guest kezzigirl

Oh... also... if money is a problem, ask her about her rates. Not sure if she does this still, but she did have a "sliding rate" and gave me a break when I was out of work. :)

• 8 months later...
Guest catherinecc

This is kind of a necropost, but Melady is highly recommended. She will also do interviews via skype or telehealth although she generally wants you to meet her in person at least once.