• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hormone Process May Begin Sooner Than Thought..

Guest tiffany_marie

Guest tiffany_marie

My therapist and I had talked about late Spring/early Summer as a good target range to begin HRT.

At my last appointment I mentioned to her that I could see myself potentially being ready by the end of next month.. she said that if she agrees that I'm ready by then, that we may very well move things up a little.

Pretty exciting just thinking about it, can't wait to get those magic pills.. whenever it ends up being.

I know how the excitement builds when you know the time is getting close. Then time seems to pass very slowly. I can't wait for the day Tiffany when you excitedly say you are born again. :)

Jenny

Hi Tiffany,

I'm 5 days and 12 hours from my endo appointment - and time has slowed to a crawl! I just hope there's no surprises when I get there!

Anyway, it seems that you're more ready for HRT than I am - what's to wait for? I do hope you get there soon!

Love, Kat

Guest Lacey Lynne

Tiffany & Kat:

Ohhhh, laaaadiiieees!

The Slippery Slope? Ohhh, yes, yes, yes!!!

Helen Boyd coined the term in her book, but oh, how sweet it is!

Prepare for the Ride of a Lifetime, gallops! Remember, these things take time. You results may vary, but natal girls take several years to ride through pubescence. If your effects start out slowly, you may think they are not happening. Think again ... they will!

For me, Critical Mass has FINALLY happened. All I can say is: "OH ... MY ... GOD!"

:rolleyes: Lacey Lynne

Funny that Tiffany should allude to "those magic pills." I love it. Kat, remember when we were preteens and The Who came out with "Magic Bus?" For the phrase "Magic Bus" substitute "Magic Pills" and make up your own lyrics to that song. I have and hum it to myself every day when I take my HRT! Just stupid fun stuff! GOOD LUCK, GIRLS!

• Admin

Good deal, Tiffany. :) I'm so glad that your progress is gaining headway.

You will be there before you know it. But you're not counting the days, are you? ;)

Carolyn Marie

Guest NatashaJade

Oh, it's nothing to get too excited about really. All the pills do is allow you to be who you are supposed to have always been. No big thing.

(who are you kidding, Tasha?)

Seriously? It's like a busy day at Space Mountain at Disneyland. You wait in the longest friggin' line outside, going back and forth, back and forht. And then you get inside the building and you still have the longest friggin' line to go, but it's more exciting inside. And then you finally get on the train and the first part is slow, build the excitement builds as the train heads up and up. And finally? You're launched into the dark unknown, but what a rush!

And then when it's over? You go over to the Tiki Room because there's no line, they have Dole Whips and it's a hoot and a holler.

Enjoy the ride :D

xoxo

Tasha

Guest Pamela5

Hang in there. I waited much to long to start transition but once I started I knew it was right and never looked back. My gender therapist knew from the start that I had severe GID so after 3 and a half months she approved HRT. My endo Dr. ran the tests and after 4 months wonderful E flowed into my body and I have felt right ever since. I was having problems with spiro but an orci fixed that. Once you, your therapist an MD are sure do not wait. Your GID will not go away ever.

Pam