• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wow She Accepted It

Guest Kira S

Guest Jon aka Rachel

Well it took till 4 in the morning to do it but I finally came out to my mother and well she is about 90% behind me she accepts it as long as I make sure it is what I have to do. I explained the process and what it involves and we spent about 40 minutes talking about it and I cried more than she did I saw her get some tears in her eye and I asked her what was wrong, she blamed it on worrying how my father would react. I don’t care she knows that. She took it really really well. She just has that bit of denial were she wants me to be sure. This was great I almost feel bad posting because I know so many people have such horrible experiences with this. I know the hardest part is over but there is still some stuff to work through. She doesn’t like the name I have chosen, but I really liked the name she would have given me at birth if I was a girl even thought I can’t seem to remember it. I might change to that because I did love it a lot.

Over all I think things will just get better and she even thought of going through my physician to get recommendations for a GT so my insurance will cover it. I just hope she isn’t down stairs breaking down.

It’s a good day and I am not even tired at 5 a.m. haha

Rachel Maire (that may change haha)

Hi Rachel,

Very good news! Your mother's response is about perfect - of course, she wants you to be certain - that's a mother's love.

I'm so glad this went well for you - it will make the rest so much easier with Mom in your camp!

Now, get some rest!

Love, Kat

• Admin

Oh, my, Rachel, please don't feel bad about posting good news. I am so happy for you! It's just wonderful that your mother is accepting and supportive.

I hope that you and your mother bond like never before, and embark on a new and loving relationship as mother and daughter. That will be so awesome. Congrats!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie