• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Lola Jake Prosthetics

Guest JayJaye

Guest JayJaye

I received my LJ last week and wanted to report to everyone how it is, the good, the bad, and the ugly, so you guys can decide if it's something you want to order as well.

As I mentioned somewhere in a previous post I do have body dysphoria where my lack of anatomy is an issue. So I am/was looking for a daily wear prosthetic that I could also use as stp. IOW I want to pack, stp, and play. Lola Jake prosthetics seemed to fit the bill.

If you're looking for something to **** with that is not a strap on, this fits the bill. The adhesive they recommended works. Just shave thoroughly first! That's where the pros for me end.

The cons:

1) Color: Right out of the box I was sorely disappointed. I had custom ordered a color for the shaft and tab, and they matched that. What I didn't ask for or specify and did NOT see in any of their examples is that the head is dark red. Not a natural red. Not a darker red that matched the color I chose. It basically looks as if I cut off circulation to the head. Think flesh-colored shaft, darker testicles, and a RED TIP. Blech.

Veins: They are GREEN.

If you decide to order, go with a shade darker than your natural skin, then go a shade darker than that for the shaft. Mine is still too light in color. And specify how you want the head colored or you may get something as freakish as mine.

2) Texture: The shine you see in the pics? It's some kind of coating. It totally kills any kind of realistic feel to the prosthetic. I tried lotions and powders and it still has a plastic-like rubber texture. Maybe that's great for sanitizing after sex, but as a packer it is so NOT realistic. If you are wanting realism to touch, stick with the cheapy packy. I'm NOT kidding.

3) Packing: I'm referring to the Pack & Play models here, not the packers. I ordered a Sam Plus, because my intent was to pack daily but be ready to play. Well, if you're not playing, the silicone rod that is removeable is about 1cm thick by about 8cm long. Take that out and you have a flaccid penis all right. it squishes FLAT. Yes, FLAT. Like a hose. If you thought the texture was off, this kills any hope of realism for packing.

4) STP option: Basically they put a nice little hole in an anatomically correct location. They do not sell stp devices and they state that up front. But be aware that if you put your regular stp device inside, the urine cannot get out that little hole fast enough so it squirts right back at ya. If you're interested in this option, save your money. Yes, I could make the hole bigger. BUT: see above; it's not realistic for packing anyway. You can do better by yourself using that you-tube video on making an stps. IMO the stp option is worthless.

5) Play: I can't really comment on its usefulness for this as I have no partner so can't tell you if it works as designed. Maybe the guys on here who have one can comment.

Lola Jake Packer: Now this is a nice realistic little bugger and I do like it. It's not shiny (so why oh why do they make the play ones that way?), the color is totally realistic, from the shaft and testicles etc, and it feels pretty real when warm. The only con is that the shaft is fixed pointing down. Yes, you can move it; but it's design is to point down. Unlike the cheapy packy which can go any-which-way like a real flaccid penis, this one can't. That may not be as important to some people.

Bottom Line: I do not think it's worth the money, personally. As it stands I'll probably create my own perfect packer/stp out of the cheapy models.

I am not intending this post to bash the company or the product. I just want to put my experience out there so others can decide if they want to order or not. I found that no testimonials on the site and no real product reviews anywhere on the web, other than a few stray comments here and there, but nothing definitive. I would hope that other guys with LJ products will chime in with their experiences with theirs so the info is out there to the FTM community.

Jay

Guest Sergei

Thanks for this information Jay. It is always useful for us guys to hear an honest review of different products. I have always just used the mango and have been quite satisfied with it. The only down sides I see are the fact that it isn't actually attached to you. If you wear it under lose underwear you have to use the harness. Everybody that has ever felt it has told me that if they didn't know they wouldn't guess it was fake. The trouble with all of these things though is that they are too expensive. I can't afford to try other thing because I can't spare the money. I really don't think any of us guys will ever be satisfied until we can have the real thing :mellow:

Guest raydub

Jay!

Thanks for the review man! Im sorry you were disappointed. I guess some things you just have to do yourself if you want them done right. Good luck making your perfect packer. At least this way youll know its what you want and you wont have to wait around a ton to get it.

let us know how it works out.

Ray

Guest jantonio

Thanks Jay for the great review. I've been holding off myself in buying these products because I feel like I do not want to waste my money. I think that I might eventually buy a packer just to feel something down there.

Jose Antonio... :)

Guest StrandedOutThere

Man, that's a bummer. I noticed the shiny finish you are talking about in the pictures. Not cool.

I wonder if the FTM Prosthetics one is much better in terms of function. Also, I don't know if they have the STP option. Their pics look more realistic, but the price of the dual models kill me. Also, at like $1500, I wouldn't be inclined to try to experiment with trying to whittle out a STP mod on it.

Guest JayJaye

On another forum people keep telling me that the shiny stuff peels off then it feels real; another guy is ticked his is peeling and says that the silicone is breaking off in chunks.

I thought the same thing about the FTM aus. products wrt messing with it to make an stp. After having my LJ, I'm thinking the dual may be too big for daily wear; the LJ I bought is the same size and I can't imagine packing with it.

LJ threw in a freebie packer for my trouble and that's made of a better material, isn't hollow like a hose, but the shaft is fixed in one position. Maybe what I want doesn't exist: I want the feel (or close to it) of the cheapy packer in a realistic color, that is stp modified, and attaches via a small tab for harness free wear. Maybe I can modify the freebie to fit those criteria, I don't know.

Jay

Guest Evan_J

Sorry it bombed. That sucks.

Thank you for letting us all know though how it actually was. Its important we all inform each other of our experiences. Who knows maybe the more of us know about products like this that don't satisfy our wants the more we'll be able to demand companies do something about it by not purchasing what doesn't work. Hopefully thats something positive that will come out of it.

Guest JayJaye

There's a guy on FTM in Bed on Live Journal that said he loves his Lola Jake and says it's awesome to **** with. Maybe it is but I don't have a partner. I still don't like the rubbery feel.

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

Jaj-Jaye,

Thank you were your extrememly indepth and informative evaluation of this product. It's far too expemsive to be purchased and then not serviceable.

Maybe someone in the community will finally come up with an excellant product at an affordable price.

I purchased the deluxe pouch and packy from Nick for under 40.00 and am pleased with it. You can't use it for intercourse, but for looks and feels it passes the test just fine.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

It would be nice to find a realistic packer that was possible to wear daily...

Unfortunately I am no good with sculpture otherwise I would attempt to make a packer myself.

All the models on the Lola.Jake page look good... is this because of the lighting they use in the photographs? I watched the videos and it seemed quite realistic, so perhaps it's different in different light and conditions.