• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Intro To Myself

Guest Dante Stone

Guest Dante Stone

Alright, so I should tell a bit about myself....Shall we begin like "David Copperfield"? "I am born... "...I grew up." Or shall we begin when I was born to darkne---....okay, mabye I that isn't a good start...ugh, I've been reading too much Anne Rice for my own good. m(_ _)m

I know! I'll start it like this! Hello~ My name, well, the name I prefer, is Dante. I just recently admitted to myself that I am a transgender. All my life, I have come to realize, I have had the mindset of a normal guy. I was just, unluckily, born into a female body. I am more comfortable now with the realization than I was even a year ago, and have slowly come out of my shell about it. Like most people in my situation, I have kept it a secret from my family. I am lucky though that my 11 year old sister understands and accepts me. I also have a wonderful girlfriend, who, strangely enough, I only just recently come out to. I am very fortunate that she accepts me as well, but thats where my problems begin. I am 16 years old, a straight A student on the Varsity girls tennis team. I also have been keeping my gender problem and girlfriend a secret from my family. But when I say family, I mean everyone but my little sister, who already knows. I mean, if I tell my parents I am in love with a girl, they will ridicule me for being a lesbian. But I am not a lesbian...I am just an unfortunate guy who loves a girl.

I have recently gotten a cool longish fohawk, which I am very proud of. Hehe it makes me look more boyish, which is my main goal. The only downside to this is that my mother is forcing me to wear ton of makeup, to, I quote, "Make people think that I'm a pretty girl and not a dy*&." My mom isn't the "accepting" type, obviously....But another problem of mine is that I'm...how do I put it...."well endowed". And this really makes me sad and frustrated with myself. I have had thoughts of permanently changing myself in the future, but I am scared out of my mind over how my parents will react...I just want to be myself...the fun, comedic, happy go lucky, boy that I am.

P.S. I wasnt too sure if I should use the d word cuz some people think its an offensive word. Didn't mean to offend anyone by quoting from my mom. ^^"

Guest CariadsCarrot

Hey Dante. Cool name mate! It's good to meet you.

I'm sorry things are so complicated for you with your family and the tennis team and stuff. I can't tell my parents at the moment either. It took my mum about 4 years to accept that I fell in love with a woman (I mean it's so serious that we're engaged and I take equal responsibility as parent to her kids so it's obvious that I'm pretty sure, y'know?) and my father will still sneer and ridicule me to my face if I talk about her kids as 'my kids' or mention our plans for our wedding. Telling them I'm actually not a girl at all would either be met by world war 3 or complete and total denial (probably the denial to be honest but there may be a couple of well placed nuclear explosion mine fields to cross first).

I hope that some day you can be free to be who you are without compromise in all areas of your life some day though. See what your parents don't understand is they're missing out on getting to know their awesome son coz they're spending so much time trying to make you into the daughter they want instead.

I love the sound of your hair. Your mums reaction sounds like mine. When I got my hair cut she sent my sister to offer to buy me some pretty hair slides so I could still make it could still look pretty!

I'm pretty unfortunate in the chest area too but I find I can still be pretty comfortable by going out wearing a binder.

Gabe

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Dante,

<<< curtsey >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have FTM meetings -Mon & Fri 8pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Dante.

You've come to the right place, young man, to find answers to your questions, find others with similar issues, find friends, and find information. In other words, you've found home. :)

There are a lot of young folks here just like you, many are FtM too. I;m sure you've been to the FtM forum, and Vanna told you about Chat. But you are welcome to post in any forum. Someone will always provide an answer to your questions - we even try to provide correct answers! :P

If you haven't already, please read the Terms and Conditions, so you know how we keep the site safe and at a PG 13 level for language and visuals. There is a link to the T & Cs at the top of every page. Oh, and your instincts were right - we don't allow use of what most would consider derogatory terms. The D word for Lesbians is such a one.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie