• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sexual Arousal In Post-op Trans Women

Guest mak

I have been told that it is highly possible that many post-op trans women are not able to experience sexual arousal and orgasm after SRS.

How true is this?

If you are a post-op trans woman I would be glad to read your experiences about this matter... whether you are still able to experience sexual arousal or not.. and whether you have a reduced libido after your SRS or not.

Another question I would like to ask is this one... how can someone know before the SRS whether she will have such problems with her libido after the SRS?

At another webpage I read that it dependes on whether you have ""male sexual urges"" of ""female sexual urges"". It is said that if you have ""strong male sexual urges focused in the external genitalia, you are likely to experience great loss( at your libido ) over time"". While if ""you have strong female sexual urges are likely to benefit greatly, as a whole new life of sensuality, sexuality and lovemaking opens up to them"".

But what is the exact definition of ""male sexual urges"" and ""female sexual urges""??

So this is generally the question that bothers me the most...how can someone know before the SRS whether she will have such problems with her libido after the SRS?

Guest Storm Angel
I have been told that it is highly possible that many post-op trans women are not able to experience sexual arousal and orgasm after SRS.

How true is this?

If you are a post-op trans woman I would be glad to read your experiences about this matter... whether you are still able to experience sexual arousal or not.. and whether you have a reduced libido after your SRS or not.

Another question I would like to ask is this one... how can someone know before the SRS whether she will have such problems with her libido after the SRS?

At another webpage I read that it dependes on whether you have ""male sexual urges"" of ""female sexual urges"". It is said that if you have ""strong male sexual urges focused in the external genitalia, you are likely to experience great loss( at your libido ) over time"". While if ""you have strong female sexual urges are likely to benefit greatly, as a whole new life of sensuality, sexuality and lovemaking opens up to them"".

But what is the exact definition of ""male sexual urges"" and ""female sexual urges""??

So this is generally the question that bothers me the most...how can someone know before the SRS whether she will have such problems with her libido after the SRS?

Hey Mak :)

In my case, SRS is essential. I have neven been able to enjoy sexual activity with male function and the sight of what is there disturbs me and has led me into an asexual life.. SRS is a win/win situation for me :)

When I'm alone, and I dream or imagine of attractive guys and 'certain activities' with them as a reassigned girl, it feels so right for me, I actually feels awesome!! I won't go into details about it lol.

I believe that you just know in your heart before SRS if it is right for you or not.

That my two-bob anyway, hope this helps. :)

Guest Nelly

That is a good question. I can not tell you the answers I can just give you my idea of it.

As man you have your penis to feel joy. So you want to put it in everything and want to stimulate it. Is this the only thing you can be pleased than I would say it is "male sexual urges". I found out that when my wife lie behind me and hug me, I feel a strong desire to be *****, that something must be put into my lower body. It sound stuiped but I do not know to explain it better. Normaly a straight man is scared about getting something into his lower body. Okay, some men enjoy havin anal sex.

One interesting point is, can you imagine to have sex with a vagina and not with a penis? I mean how does it feel?

Greetings

Nelly

Hey Mak :)

In my case, SRS is essential. I have neven been able to enjoy sexual activity with male function and the sight of what is there disturbs me and has led me into an asexual life.. SRS is a win/win situation for me :)

When I'm alone, and I dream or imagine of attractive guys and 'certain activities' with them as a reassigned girl, it feels so right for me, I actually feels awesome!! I won't go into details about it lol.

I believe that you just know in your heart before SRS if it is right for you or not.

That my two-bob anyway, hope this helps. :)

Hi Storm Angel,

I also dream about the same things as you. I dream of being a sexy woman and having sex with attractive men. The idea of having sex with a woman and generally the idea of being the ""penetrator"" in a sexual activity does not arouse me at all. I dream of being the "penetrated" one in sex and offcourse I dream of being a woman( another thing is that while I dream of all these, I enjoy much to self gratification with my penis, I do not know if this means something )

But there are some MtF' people who say that even if you enjoy sexual activity with female function like you and me, not able to experience sexual arousal and orgasm after SRS.

Have you heard anything about this?

depends on weather or not you are sexually active pre op as to if you will be able to orgasmic after srs when you dont use your penis and that hrt really starts to get a solid hold on you the nerves down there start to dull and atriphute since alot of those nerves are going into the making of your new vagina

they may not work so well after the surgery

i hear it that is 30% of all tgirls after srs cant orgasim after srs but then again around 30% or GGs cant iether think before you get snipped cause it dont grow back

Sakura

Guest Storm Angel
i hear it that is 30% of all tgirls after srs cant orgasim after srs but then again around 30% or GGs cant iether think before you get snipped cause it dont grow back

I could not of said it better, SRS is a point of no return, If you enjoy any male function or stimulation (even when dreaming to be 100% girl) the chance is highly likely you will lose that stimulation and arousel.

I could not of said it better, SRS is a point of no return, If you enjoy any male function or stimulation (even when dreaming to be 100% girl) the chance is highly likely you will lose that stimulation and arousel.

Well, exactly here comes my question.

What exactly is a ""male function or stimulation""?

For example if I enloy rubbing my erected penis while dreaming of being a woman and having another penis inside me, can we say that this is a ""male function or stimulation""?

Please excuse me for asking such sexually-oriented questions.

• Root Admin

It's ok. Just don't get too graphic or go into details. Remember, this is a G G-P rated site

Guest Jack Solomon
Well, exactly here comes my question.

What exactly is a ""male function or stimulation""?

For example if I enloy rubbing my erected penis while dreaming of being a woman and having another penis inside me, can we say that this is a ""male function or stimulation""?

mak, I do not consider that a 'male sexual urge' on its own. However, that would be a physical stimulation of male parts, which can be seperate. Your body is becoming aroused with what parts you currently have in reaction to your strong fantasies. It is fine if you self-gratify with the equipment you have because that's what your body has right now to channel your arousal - you're simply 'making do with what you've got' currently. You also must seperate your definitions of physical male function from that of sexual desires/urges. The question is, do you enjoy self-gratifying male parts enough that it would bother your interest in sex if you didn't have them? Or would you strongly prefer if you had a female sensation instead of a male one? After SRS, you should still have physical arousal, but different parts and the sensation will be different. SRS gives you more than just the vagina and the sensation of being penetrated: the way you experience physical arousal will also be very different in feeling--more sensation will be focused internally, for one thing. From your other posts, it sounds like you could potentially be happier after SRS, but I cannot say for sure one way or another - you ultimately have to decide on your own.

The way I read it when you say the website mentioned "it depends on whether you have male sexual urges or female sexual urges" is that the website is not talking about the way physical arousal/male function shows itself but rather your primary sexual urges/instincts (ie, what drives the state of arousal and your manner of instinctual reaction in a sexual situation and other related things). "Strong male urges focused in the male genitalia" - I believe they are talking about a strong instinctual urge in being the penetrative partner. People with this instinct with the urge to penetrate and a focus on utilizing the penis generally would be disappointed after SRS with a female's genitalia. They would feel regret and find loss of libido. So, a person has to make sure they are certain they will not be disappointed with what SRS will give them.

In any case, I think you already partially answered your own question with the following:

the idea of having sex with a woman and generally the idea of being the ""penetrator"" in a sexual activity does not arouse me at all. I dream of being the "penetrated" one in sex and of course I dream of being a woman (another thing is that while I dream of all these, I enjoy much to self gratification with my penis, I do not know if this means something )
. The fact that you are self-gratifying with the equipment you presently have makes no difference if you have female urges - they are seperate matters. However, I understand that you have to make sure SRS is right for you, and 'female' urges/instincts can be hard to define in yourself.

A few good questions to ask yourself are:

Will you at all miss having sex as a man and having a penis? Does the idea of having sex as a woman sustain you during intercourse? Without that dream/ fantasy in mind, would you find being the penetrative partner distasteful and/or unarousing? Do you find self-gratifying with the penis distasteful without strongly imagining you are a woman, but neccessary to 'get over with'?

As for SRS and losing actual physical sensation post-op, with the right SRS surgeon you should keep a lot of physical sensation. A skillful surgeon should be able to preserve considerable nerve/sensation in the new vagina. It may be helpful to remember that many genetic women cannot orgasm from vaginal penetration by itself but can only orgasm from a combination of stimulation and penetration. The amount of sensation they receive from physical stimulation alone can also vary widely - every woman's different and some women find they can orgasm by themselves easier than with a partner, while others can only orgasm with the aid of a partner. Either way it's much more important to be physically relaxed and all over mentally aroused for a woman to orgasm than it is for a man's typical orgasm. I hope that all made some sense!

I thought that you may have been refering to Lynn Conway's website page on SRS with your original question, but if not you should read her entire page regarding SRS (content warning: this page contains photos of SRS results/female genitalia). She has a very good section about two thirds of the way down the page regarding "Sexual Arousal, Lovemaking and Orgasm in PostOperative Women".

I hope this helps somewhat.

Solomon

Guest Rayne

How true is this?

The big "O" is a reflex. Part biological, part emotional, part mental. All post ops are capapble of it, according Dr. Christine McGinn in PA.

Since starting hormones, I've been having the female ones frequently. It takes more effort but they last longer, bring me to a higher place emotionally, and really connect me more to my wife.

This sentiment isn't directed toward any of you on this post, but far too often I hear TS girls speak of how they feel the point of transition is futile if the likelihood of orgasm as a post-op girl would be nonexistant. In my opinion, this is a girl that shouldn't embark upon transition. I'm in no position to say their any less a girl nor do I feel most anyone else is. However, I feel this to be malprioritized, if you will? One of the things that really bothers me about my position, is that even if I had the money to follow through, I'm never gonna be a little girl. Though I feel I'm girl enough and both think and conduct myself girly enough, I think I'd always be disgruntled with the fact I wasn't born female and grew up a little girl, that eventually became a woman that developed into a lady.

heres the question if you knew with 100% certainty that you would never beable to orgasim after srs would you still want it ?

i awsner yes because my male parts have never really functioned i have been on estrogen longer than i have been on testosterone and masterbation has never been real inportant to me i mean i have sensation down there but it takes alot of work my genitals are really unimportant to me i have become some what ok with what i have down there i dont like it but i have niether the money nore the means to get it right now and i may never beable to and im fine wih that as well because my genitals dont define who i am im a young woman that just happens to have the bad luck of being born with a penis but i assure you if they were handing out free srs i would be the first in line lol

Sakura

Guest Snow Angel
heres the question if you knew with 100% certainty that you would never beable to orgasim after srs would you still want it ?

Yes, actually. Before I researched transsexualism a lot, I literally thought they chopped it off then punched an artificial hole, thus resulting in total loss of orgasmic capabilities. I was still willing to make that sacrifice, too. Imagine my delight when I eventually read that orgasm is still possible.

• 8 years later...
Guest DianeATL

The orgasm is as much between the ears as it is between the legs.

As far as "male sex drive" I would interpret that as wanting to be the top (in an attempt to keep it PG) and I was NEVER comfortable in that role in my life.  I did it but didn't have that drive to go do somebody like other guys did.  Don't get mad at me for saying this because I am just interpreting the term, I think the "female sex drive" they are referring to is the desire to be taken. Obviously those roles are not gender dependent.

I always wanted to assume that role versus the "aggressor" so much so that I pretty much shut down sex long before the transition.  If I couldn't have it the way I needed it I didn't want it.  As a result of that plus hormones, any drive went out the window but the need to cuddle went off the chart.  Intimacy is a far stronger drive and better goal than orgasm.

Post op I have tested the waters and orgasms are there for the taking but the lack of any potential dating or intimate relationship is so remote, I am very meh about going to the trouble to get myself off.  But I am confident that if I found that special someone to share intimacy with, orgasms and sex drive would dust themselves off and be back full speed.

• 1 month later...

This is very helpful. The realities are not in line with the fantasies we have as we think about SRS. Fiction and dreams lead us to jump over practicalities of post surgical self care and life as a woman