• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question On Some Of My Lesser Talked About Side Effects

Guest Amethyst_Redemption

Guest Miss_Construe

Hey,

I really don't know how to say this, but I am really desperate for help on this. Kind of explains why I'm so flirty lately (okay, a lot of that is just me, but not ALL of it). I have never read anything like this online and my cis- and trans-gendered friends haven't experienced this.

Well, here goes ... (deep breath) ...

At some points, seemingly without provocation or warning I will experience ... sensations ... in an organ that I don't actually have. After consulting anatomy diagrams and various resources I cannot locate a specific organ that I do possess that would correlate with the location of the ... sensations. It is REALLY frustrating and I am at my wits end as I can't seem to find a way to address my frustration. Also, it is sometimes socially awkward. This started happening when I most recently increased my hormone levels.

My most promising theory is that my abdomen needs to be imaged via ultrasound or something so I can figure what the heck is going on. I have had ultrasounds before but none of the techs would ever let me see the images. They would initially agree as though it isn't a big deal, then would make sure I couldn't see the screen. I don't really want to say what I'm hoping because finding out that my hope is not real would be crushing. I also don't want to give light to my fears because writing them might make them real (It make sense to me). Actually, I don't really know if I want to find out or not. It is kind of scary and graduating from graduate school is scary enough for now.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any theories as to what is going on? Feel free to PM me as it is a delicate topic.

<3 always and tonnes of hugs,

Amy

• Admin

Amy, I have no experience with what you are describing. It seems very curious, and possibly borders on malpractice, to not discuss with you any findings from a medical procedure. If there was something there, they should have told you what it was. If there was nothing there, they should have told you that, and given you a written report of the findings.

Hopefully, by bumping this up to page 1, someone else will have some better information. Good luck, hon.

Carolyn Marie

It sounds like something that is more mental than physical in nature - sort of a Phantom Limb syndrome for an internal organ that was not removed but rather never actually there.

It is possible.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Miss_Construe

Hey all,

Well, I went to the Dr.s today and told her about my 'symptoms' and her response is that she had never heard of anyone having such symptoms before. The fact that the sensations themselves were/ are ... um ... not unpleasant ... suggests that there is nothing to worry about. I am still going to check WebMD and such, but that is how things stand as of now. Given my doctor's reaction I am far less worried. She suspects I am just learning a new way to be aroused.

Thank you all for listening and thank you Shari and Drea for your kind thoughts and concerns via PM and thank you Sally and Carolyn for your public input.

<3

Amy

Guest Elizabeth K

She suspects I am just learning a new way to be aroused.

That was what I was going to suggest. Mt therapist is a little against the grain of the common thoughts on TS on HRT brain chemistry changes. Her experience with the TS people she sees, suggests to her the brain DOES rewire. So that could explain some of it. It might be that all of us have wiring as male and female (in the original template) and suddenly on HRT we are opening pathways to places we have not gone before. The pathways may be there although the organs are not. Women have hundreds of erogenous points all over the body, for example.

The reason I say this is because before my breasts came in I had no idea I could actually experience a pleasure that went from my breasts to my toes - OMG - and it lasts as long as the girls are being stimulated. It is intense - and although somewhat different than the old male reactions it is actually more intense, and way longer lasting. The word 'shuddering' comes to mind.

I suspect we are reprogramming physically as well as mentally. My sense of smell, taste and hearing have sharpened. Who can tell, our condition is not that well studied. As long as the sensations are... em... pleasant? Let it be, don't worry, be happy... perhaps?

Lizzy

Guest Emily Ray

I am sure that I am being reprogramed upstairs. I can feel the vagina I don't have and my testicles are a constant source of pain and agony. The worst part of the pain is how it masks the good feelings of the vagina that are a joy to me.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Donna Jean

I'll only say this once.....

But, I become aroused in a totally different way these days.....

DANG!

Donna Jean

Guest EvenClose

I have to agree with Dee Jay on this one.

Things are........different.

tongue.gif sometimes a LOT.

I didn't realize what I had missed out on. NOW...I know. (hehehe)

Guest Audrey Elizabeth

Hey,

At some points, seemingly without provocation or warning I will experience ... sensations ... in an organ that I don't actually have.

My most promising theory is that my abdomen needs to be imaged via ultrasound or something

Has anyone experienced this before or have any theories as to what is going on? Feel free to PM me as it is a delicate topic.

<3 always and tonnes of hugs,

Amy

Amy...I finally read this on a computer rather than my phone and to answer to your question. YES and without warning! Something happens in that abdomen region

Audrey

Guest Mina89

Contrary to all that I read about estrogen and anti-androgens, my libido has dropped only a little. My erections, however, have fallen drastically in number, and spontaneous ones have ceased almost completely. The way everything happens is totally different, but not unpleasant, just like you said

Reading some of the posts here helped me start to... fill in the blanks? At least a little bit.

-Valerie

• 1 month later...
Guest Isabella_Anne

I for one don't think its an "uncomfortable" topic. Were talking about two super powers here. The brain and hormones. I have seen more things I can not explain. The human body is an amazing thing. There are so many thing we still no nothing about. The brain being number 1. If it works for you, go with it.

Isabella