• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Magic Of Makeup...

Guest musicalice

Guest ignota

Well... not exactly beauty, but hey... Not real make-up either :P

I got myself some tinted moisturiser. The first tentative foray into making myself actually look slightly ok, rather than an ugly boy. When I put it on, I was amazed. It really evens out the colour, even did a half-job of covering my hair shadow. When I first thought of trying make-up, I thought I was going to turn into some sort of clown, but having tried this stuff, I've actually started to believe I might be able to look ok one day.

Cons: it's a bit dark, and looks a little mask-like. And it doesn't change my face shape :( But practice, get something lighter that's actually proper make-up... woww... And concealer might be a plan too - does that go over the foundation?

BUT overall, a nice experience :) much better than I thought it would be. I can't wait to try more :)

Just thought I'd share :)

Guest sarah f

We all have to start somewhere. Keep practicing and you will get it down. Yes real makeup will be better for you and not look like a mask. Unless you are brave enough to go to a store and ask what shade fits you best then start on the lighter end of makeup.

I put concealer on first then foundation. The foundation helps conceal the concealer if that makes sense.

Good Luck

Guest Krisina

Concesler first like under the eyes and on beard shadow area. You need something thicker prob for the beard shadow areavlike Derma Blend. Foundation over top except around the eye area where the concealer was. Get a concealer brush, foundation brush, an air brush for blending. A little not a lot of blush is a nice touch too. As far as making it so you don't look like you have a mask on. Make sure you are using colors closest to your skin color. Use some foundation a little bit on your neck. That is why it may be looking like a mask the contrast between your face and neck color.

Krisina

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm actually getting good results using a liquid makeup foundation over the concealer I've applied to the beard shadow area. I didn't think it would actually work but to my surprise it did! yay no more thick makeup!

They say matching foundation to the underside of your wrist is a good indicator, but I've noticed they're not always right....

Guest ignota

Thanks for your tips :) I'm still barely brave enough to go into the women's section, but I'm getting there :P Can't wait to try out this stuff! So is powder generally better than liquid?

Guest Aly Kat

Random knowledge:

- I think powder looks better when correctly applied... BUT! liquid is faster, lasts longer, and can protect and moisten the skin.

- When choosing a color, I usually just go with something that matches the "average" color of my entire face

- spread outward on your face

- make sure your face is clean and oil-free before applying (forget brand, but there are amazing blue sheets that turn transparent when I blot my face)

- healthy = pretty. drink lots of water, eat your veggies, and take some supplements (multis + omega-3s)

- use your fingers or one of those foam-y sponge-y things to get even coverage

- don't put it all over your face unless absolutely necessary

- I usually put some sort of powder-y goodness on after foundation depending on how my skin is that day and time of year (powder, blush... eye makeup on my nose sometimes haa)

...and I don't even think I would notice a "boy" in the makeup aisle. I used to be scared, but I don't think there's any shame in wanting to look nice =)

PRACTICEEEeeEeeEEeeeee xO

-Alison

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • Mmindy
    • Lorelei
    • EasyE
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaryEllen
    • Jet McCartney
    • Justine76
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Ladypcnj
    Newest Member
    Ladypcnj

1. AlanaTG
      AlanaTG
    2. Alicia
      Alicia
      (35 years old)
    3. brianna051
      brianna051
      (39 years old)
    4. canofworms
      canofworms
    5. delmori
      delmori
    • Abigail Genevieve
      One FB post from an old friend who lives 250 miles away and has no idea of any of this, and a news article this morning about someone with multiple mental problems  assert that transgender people are controlled by demons.   Me not happy.  Can't reason with some people.
    • Jet McCartney
      That's Awesome!
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Contacted the VA this morning,found out they have been covering my hrt therapy.I was in the Army for 4 years and has been good,news.Finding out a couple people I served with are coming up this weekend.They have been awesome to me and are supporting me through my transition
    • Adrianna Danielle
      It was bad,the guy even bullied me.I have watched the documentary focused on this,The invincible war.
    • EasyE
      Just really started reading this thread today and it is fascinating. Thank you for sharing @Sally Stone... I started shaving my legs (and chest and arms) about eight years ago when I was living apart from my wife. I decided then that there was no going back - I just love smooth skin and really hate hate hate body hair (I have quite a bit -- "Hey, nice sweater" people would say when I took my shirt OFF).   My wife is not thrilled but I think in time it just fades into the background and folks don't give it a second thought after the novelty of noticing it. And if they do harp on it, it's like why does it matter so much to you what my legs look like?  I am kind of here too -- I want to express myself more and more outwardly in a feminine way. But I don't hate everything about being a guy. I would probably go 100 percent female dress if society were more accepting of that (and family)... 
    • Lorelei
      I was stuck behind a truck for like 6 miles doing 30 in a 45mph zone and when I got the opportunity to pass it I took it. Sped up and passed it and then noticed the flashing lights behind me… I just got my first tickets (other than parking tickets) in the 26 years that I have been driving. The speed limit changed in that area and it was a long downhill grade so apparently I was going 60 in a 40 zone. I was so nervous that I was shaking. Speeding and no registration (it is fully registered and insured but I couldn’t find the registration card). It was still affirming though in that I used my license showing my name to be Lorelei and got “maam’ed” by the cop. He was very professional and told me to plead not guilty and that he would reduce the charges if I came to court. Hopefully he will reduce the ticket to something that doesn’t give points. He told me that I should have given him my PBA card (a friend of mine’s husband is a cop had given it to me) with my license, not after the ticket is already written. The registration ticket will go away once I provide proof that it is registered.  I already ordered the replacement registration from NYS DMV online. Unfortunately the registration is still registered to my deadname of Rory so I will have to bring that up to the judge unless I can get to DMV first to change it first. Overall, this morning sucked. 
    • April Marie
      Welcome to TGP forums!! You'll find lots of information and resources as well as wonderful people. Jump in where you're comfortable!!
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. We are each unique but still have much in common. I think you'll find info, ideas and acceptance here. Ask questions, read the thread and jump in where you are comfortable. There is no pressure here to share any more than you want, when you want.     I'm glad you found us.
    • Petra Jane
      No idea, so far as I know, if you visit using one of the spammers favourite VPN IPs, you shouldn’t be able to access the forums.
    • Ashley0616
      @Adrianna DanielleI'm sorry I was raped too so I know the feeling.
    • Ivy
      I hear you. My therapist moved to another job at the VA.  I liked her a lot and was very comfortable with her. Now I have an appointment with a new one, but not till June.  I asked for the first one to be in person.  I think I'll be able to see what she's like better that way.
    • Chanie
      Hi, I’ve found a number of clergy in Orthodox Judaism who are privately supportive of transgendered people. The walls are slowly crumbling 😮
    • Betty K
      Hi Mealaini (what a beautiful name),   I applaud this attitude; I think that is such a healthy way to look at your situation. I have an ex-wife (who also has a beautiful Gaelic name) and we are such great friends now, having broken up, that we both agree our relationship has never been so healthy. She has found a man she loves; I don’t know if they will last indefinitely but I like him and he likes me and there are no hard feelings between any of us.  Anyway welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. I have been thinking of trying EMDR myself so it’s good to hear a success story.
    • Ivy
      I was in the field artillery in the early 70's.  At times we had to hump ammo.  A projo weighed around 200lbs.  There were very few women, they seemed to be mostly in the medical roles.  I suppose if you were openly trans, you'd have been kicked out for being gay. But I suppose things are a lot different now.  There are more technical jobs for one thing.  One of my daughters was in the Air Force for a number of years.  Started as an "airman", and came out as a captain (nurse).
    • Ladypcnj
      I was mostly seen wearing boy's clothes at the time, my parents didn't show me my birth certificate until later on in life, but until then I wasn't old enough to start going to school, and so I hanged out with the rest of the other kids in my neighborhood. My parents decided to keep me home under their observations, they thought I was going through a phase, they couldn't figure out why my feminine mannerisms was consistent. One day at my parents' home, something happened to me which resulted in a car ride to the hospital's emergency room. After getting checked out, my childhood treating doctors couldn't diagnosed what was going on with me? It resulted in me being misdiagnosed and a family car ride back home, this was just the beginning of what would be a series of car rides back to the emergency room. My parents stopped saying I was going through a phase, now something physically was going on with me. Things at home got to the point when I heard my parents questioned about the gender marker on my birth certificate. There's more to my story, but it resulted in the aftermath of a surgical scar, and disappearance of that surgical medical records of what happened to me. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.