• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Five Best Experiences

~Nova~

I was listening to talk radio on my way to work this AM and the discussion was what are your 5 best experiences. The rules they added were simple, but added to it.

Things like child being born. Meeting spouse, marrying spouse are excluded. Those are things pretty common between all of us, so in order to make it interesting, those are excluded.

Mine: not in any particular order.

1) Finishing my first Ironman. I was in awe of those that had done it and when the finish line drew near, it was the best feeling.

2) Getting off the plane in SC and walking into the final process center to be discharged from the Army.

3) Untangling a pelican from a mess of fishing line. I was diving and was able to come up under her. She pecked the heck out of my head until she realized I was helping, then she stopped and just let me do it. Watching her fly away was amazing.

4) Putting my dog down. I know that seems like a bad thing, but it wasn't. He lived 18 wonderful happy years and was in pain and unhappy. Letting him go was sad, but I knew it was what was best for him.

5) Taking that first estrodiol. You all knew that one was coming. ;). You all know what it means and how it felt.

Your turn

Nova

Guest Donna Jean

Cool!

Being part of the humanitarian airlift into Nigeria/Biafra at the end of that war in 1970....

Getting my Pilot's license....

Going full time.....

Helping to save the world..(I failed, but, I loved the experience....)

Visiting 25 countries and 48 states...

OMG....I could just fill this page....5 is no fair!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Michael Heather

1. Meeting my LARP-group for the first time, and realizing they're just as crazy as me.

2. Standing almost alone on stage in front of over 1000 people, singing my heart out.

3. Wearing the combination binder and dress-shirt for the first time. Gosh, I felt manly! :D

4. Re-igniting my love for dancing by being taught Medieval dances by a friend of mine.

5. When I finished 9th grade and realized I didn't have to go back to that hellish school ever again!