• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Houston We/i Have A Problem

Guest briannatx

Guest briannatx

in the past I've said I don't have a drinking problem.. after this passed weekend I believe I do, I blew 500 bucks supporting my dads trailer park neighbours drinking habits.

I told everyone there everything about me and I didn't think about my wellbeing. I guess I'm lucky that I'm not the hospital.. lol. Everyone who lives there is a redneck. ;-)

I'll leave out the thoughts I had on my drunken stopper. I did like to drink but, it was 1 beer then 10 or more before I stop. Argh! :-( anyway.

brianna.

• Forum Moderator

Perhaps it's time to rethink partyin' with Dad's neighbors, sounds like you may have come to that conclusion already Brianna. I know they can taste good on a hot day, but my golly 10 beers ill loosen your words.

Not the best thing to be discussin' when you've had few with folks that may not know you all that well.

Take care Brianna, perhaps it's time to move on from that scene a while.

My thoughts,

Cynthia -

Hi Brianna,

Oh my! that's a lot of money for a hangover!

Hopefully you'll return to that "don't have a drinking problem" condition now.

Take care,

Love, Kat

Guest briannatx

Hi Brianna,

Oh my! that's a lot of money for a hangover!

Hopefully you'll return to that "don't have a drinking problem" condition now.

Take care,

Love, Kat

hugz,

yea, i agree. i didn't really get a hangover though,

i take bc powder for that.

when i stopped by my house for a brief visit tuesday,

i got all of the beer i had in the fridge and fed it

to the sink. (it was thirsty) i'll have to find some

other way to deal with things now.

we'll have to see what the weekend brings when i

park the truck..

brianna

• Admin

As one of those for whom one beer is too many, and 18 is only the beginning, I am glad you are alright and back to doing some thinking. It was risky behavior, not to mention expensive, but since it was your money they may forgive you easily if they can remember what you told them. Oh my!!

Guest briannatx

As one of those for whom one beer is too many, and 18 is only the beginning, I am glad you are alright and back to doing some thinking. It was risky behavior, not to mention expensive, but since it was your money they may forgive you easily if they can remember what you told them. Oh my!!

ha yea, that should be easy for them to forgive me :P

but that's how i have always drank, 0 to ?.

Guest briannatx

just a quick update, and has been a week since I drink any type of alcohol! even though, I was not home for the whole weekend I did not feel the need to go buy any beer or anything. watch in my opinion, is a good thing. yahoo I just hope I can keep it up. :-)

Guest Julie T

in the past I've said I don't have a drinking problem.. after this passed weekend I believe I do, I blew 500 bucks supporting my dads trailer park neighbours drinking habits.

I told everyone there everything about me and I didn't think about my wellbeing. I guess I'm lucky that I'm not the hospital.. lol. Everyone who lives there is a redneck. ;-)

I'll leave out the thoughts I had on my drunken stopper. I did like to drink but, it was 1 beer then 10 or more before I stop. Argh! :-( anyway.

brianna.

Brianna

Everyone addresses your problem with alcohol and that is important, but I have some darker concerns.

And I am sorry you lost the money, that would go a long way toward electrolysis or something similar for your transitioning. But I would say the worst damage is that you now are totally exposed. Everyone of those people told or is now telling everyone they know about you. I don't want to scare you, but what has happened may have put you in grave danger. If you think it through, although you said none of these people hurt you at the time, how can you be certain they won't in the future? How can be certain their friends won't get drunk one night and come after you? Honey, I suspect you really need to stay out of sight for a long time.

But did you learn anything? I mean what I just wrote, did you learn anything?

You should probably think on this in great detail and figure out how this type of situation can be prevented in the future. The answer should be easy, don't lose control like that ever again. If you had been transitioned and post-op, you most likely you would have been given alcohol until you were unconscious, then raped. If you had been in transition, living full time, and pre-op? Honey, they would have killed you when they tried to rape you and found out you we not what they expected.

Julie

Guest briannatx

Brianna

Everyone addresses your problem with alcohol and that is important, but I have some darker concerns.

And I am sorry you lost the money, that would go a long way toward electrolysis or something similar for your transitioning. But I would say the worst damage is that you now are totally exposed. Everyone of those people told or is now telling everyone they know about you. I don't want to scare you, but what has happened may have put you in grave danger. If you think it through, although you said none of these people hurt you at the time, how can you be certain they won't in the future? How can be certain their friends won't get drunk one night and come after you? Honey, I suspect you really need to stay out of sight for a long time.

But did you learn anything? I mean what I just wrote, did you learn anything?

You should probably think on this in great detail and figure out how this type of situation can be prevented in the future. The answer should be easy, don't lose control like that ever again. If you had been transitioned and post-op, you most likely you would have been given alcohol until you were unconscious, then raped. If you had been in transition, living full time, and pre-op? Honey, they would have killed you when they tried to rape you and found out you we not what they expected.

Julie

thanks julie,

i never thought about what might happen to me.

i've been there since i was 16, most of the people there have

been there at least 5 years. all of them i know and get along

really well with, except the 2 brothers. one who likes to

accuse you of cheating at a stupid card game and the other one

who sticks up for him. lol

a new guy who i can't believe i said this with him there, knowing

that he's a x marksman. we got along real good after we shared

stories and stuff. (he looks like alan jackson) :P stuff i heard

from him what he's done i never care to share it. cuz he trusted

me with that info. if one wants to give me any kind of grief

another one is stepping in front of me to intervene so to say.

but yea i really didn't think about anything bad happening, i'm

just to trusting i guess. i did however think about it after

the fact. lol

thank ya'll for the continued support! :friends:

brianna

ps: how should i visit my dad? truthfully i'm scared to even

go back. it's also like nightmare on elm street, it has a

negative affect on whoever lives there.

• Admin

Maybe this is too obvious, but, ask your dad how to set up visits!! If you visit there, it becomes an alcohol/drug free zone for YOU.

Julie pointed to one item, and this old Alcoholic here agrees that a very large number of "bad things" happen or are more likely to happen when you are not in control of the situation which your beer buzz will guarantee to be the situation. Part of my signature line makes a point of this.

On the other hand, making some type of offsite visit arrangements, such as a special night on the nearest big town could be a lot of fun, and the two of you may forget about needing the joy juice and concentrate on his learning about his pretty new daughter, who is an extremely wonderful girl. Something like this would give your dad space from his neighbors where he does not have to maintain his "image" and he may open some of his "rooms" up and pleasantly surprise you or even amaze you with things you never knew.