• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Frustration!

Guest KageBoy171

I am so FRICKIN' frustrated...and not used to not using curse words. I don't really know all the rules about cursing so, I shall try not to.

I just don't understand what I am anymore. I can't figure out whether this is all a phase, or real. I mean, I don't feel that I would actually get intensive surgery, merely because it just wouldn't be real to me. I was born female, unfortunately, but if I was born a guy would I end up feeling like I want to be a girl? I just think that either way, I wouldn't be satisfied with my gender. Right now, as a girl, I am bisexual, but as a male, I would be gay. I just don't know if it's a serious thing or not. I've been feeling this way since I was a kid, like elementary school. I have a distorted, odd sense of the opposite sex and how both sexes interact.

I am still trying to find people around here to talk to, but I am unsure as to whether I will, or if I would have rides by the opposite person to meet them. I haven't gotten my permit yet, even though I really really need to get it since I'm already 16. It gets so frustrating when there is no one here, that is tangible, in my grasp, to talk to.

I do thank the ones online, though, very much. ^_^

Thank you for listening to my rambling.

Guest Evan_J

Whatever you feel is real.

Theres no rule that says how much dysphoria you have to feel. Its a continuum. Some people have a great deal and have to do something to change the structure of themselves. Some do not. For many, just to "live" (be regarded, dress, and appear) as the opposite gender is enough. Its all degrees. You could only be "slightly" dysphoric. Or it could ebb and flow in cycles. So no self-judgements on that one. Ease up on yourself.

Do think twice (or six times lol) about meeting peeps from the internet in general though. No one needs to be what they

seem and thats the reason you shouldn't. It creates a false notion of "familiarity" and the truth is anyone you meet on the internet is a complete stranger. Its as good as walking up to anyone on the street and saying you want to "spend time" with them. How smart would that be? No one wise would do it.

Consider instead contacting a local lgbt group or center and look for transpeople there. It'll give you an extra set of people to feel supported by while presenting strangers in a format that registers that thats just what they are. B)

Guest Snow Angel

Don't rush to put a label on yourself. Be happy and enjoy yourself, and never be someone you're not. You can do what you want regarding gender expression, and you don't have to do anything you don't want. You can still express yourself without transitioning.