• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Should I Just Give Up?

Guest Lilykins

Guest Lilyyy

The only time where i can crossdress and act as a girl is when my dad is not at home and good news thats usually often but my mum is usually at home and ive told her i don't want to be a boy but a girl shes ok with but when i do crossdress and have make up on and etc but she nevers looks me in the eyes and always looks at what im wearing, also she always tries to get me into football and other boyish sports (Not trying to be sexist) which i hate.I was shaking when i told her and i don't think i have the courage or the guts to tell the rest of my family me and my sister are close but shes moved in with her boyfriend far away maybe i should tell her frist? Im only 14 maybe i should wait a couple of years then come out?.What im trying to say is i just need some advice on what to do?

Guest Evan_J

Your post wasn't long at all :)

Well, the first thing is stop shaking, at least on this board, its a safe to be trans here. Next I would say that you could probably use a little of that "safe" feeling in your rl as well. I dunno which is best only you will, but I'd say either decide which friend you have will be most likely to accept you and tell them, OR, if you think your sister could be that person tell her, OR go to your school lgbt office and get into a group or make a friend there. Basically look for at least one place in your real life where you can feel "safe" (not shakey, awkward, or judged) being the girl you are. Cause even if you can be it only in those surroundings and just for little bits of time it will really help you until you reach those points in life where you're ready to talk about formal counseling and such.

i really wish i could tell you what to do but i dont really know what to say. i have no idea what your next step should be cause i just am not there yet. but all i can say is you arent alone and if you need someone to talk to, i'll listen. you should never give up on who you are. never compramise your own heart for the sake of others misunderstanding. i know its hard, and you have it worse than i do, but i really want to help if i can in what little way i can, through listening and support. in the end you have to be strong. i know you can survive it if you keep pushing. dont worry about what the future holds, we can only live one day at a time.

if i let myself think about how i will lose virtually all my friends and a good bit of my family when i come out, i couldnt function. i like to listen to music to strengthen my resolve, so maby you can find something to strengthen yourself too. i hate to see you feel bad because i completly sympathise with how you feel. i cant help with when to come out, cause i'm not even out yet. but i think we'll both know when the time has come for it to be known, i just hope that day is soon. sorry for the really long post, i just dont want you to have to live with that for another 2 years without doing anything like i did *hug* :)

Guest jantonio

Hello Lily, the coming out process is tough for alot of us, even as adults. I can't really tell you what to do because you are the only one who knows what type of relationship you have with your family. You would know when would be the best time to do so.

Best wishes...

Jose Antonio.. :)

Guest Felicity

Hi Lily,

Don't give up, I've spent the last few years trying to 'cope' which led to a disastrous relationship and a lot of stress. My sister has turned out to be a rock, her only misgiving about the whole thing is that I've managed to bypass 30 odd years of my Dad's chauvinism :rolleyes: Even if you decide that you aren't ready to talk to your sister, use the forum as a pressure release B)

Take care,

Felicity

Guest Isobelle Fox

Hey there Lily. Love the name : )

I would personally second everything Evan said. Thats some good advice there.

And try to be patient. Thats a terribly hard thing to do sometimes, but your quite young and you have time to learn all about yourself and your condition and what to do about it. Do that- fortify yourself with knowledge, try to understand how you feel and why. Read about it and talk to others. The more confident you are and the better you understand your situation, the easier it will be for you to help others understand it too. There are great resources available all over this site to help you and plenty of people to talk to.

Don't be afraid and try not to feel like everything has to happen all at once. It doesn't. These things come in steps and take time, and you're close to the beginning- you have accepted _yourself._ That takes some people, like me, decades - so congratulations on being so far ahead : )

Like Evan said, try to find some support in your real life that you can count on. If you can find a support group through school, perhaps, then they can help you and guide you, too. And you can always come here and talk to all of us.

It'll be alright. : )

Guest Paula82

I can sort of sympathise with you, Lily, as I still live at home and although I haven't actually told my mom I think she has a pretty good idea (you can't hide things from moms can you? :) ). There's definitely an awkwardness there sometimes though. Of course, I'm quite a bit older than you and I wish I had your presence of mind at 14 as I would now probably be a lot further down the road. Like others have said, you have so much time to figure out the next step and the one after that and so on. If you ever want to chat let me know, and stay strong!

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 228 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Petra Jane
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ashley0616
    • Desert Fox
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

blakethetiredracc00n
    Newest Member
    blakethetiredracc00n

1. FullyHart
      FullyHart
    2. MariPosa
      MariPosa
      (65 years old)
    3. pechenezhka
      pechenezhka
      (17 years old)
    4. Rubycd
      Rubycd
      (59 years old)
    5. Yana
      Yana
      (31 years old)
    • KayC
      CONGRATULATIONS, Jessica!!  That's really BIG! I myself did not experience a huge emotional roller coaster.  It was more like a smooth slide into emotional comfort.  The biggest effect I felt is when my Dr put me on T-blockers first.  I felt a bit 'empty' for a couple of months, but then realized it was just because the 'T-monster' was no longer running around inside of me.  Then I felt it was my new 'normal'. I feel like the estradiol was the 'frosting' on my transition affirmation.  It's been only positives.  I do cry a lot more, but it's only because I finally feel free to allow my emotions to come out.  To me it's not 'hormonal' ... it's FREEDOM!   Everybody is different but it sounds like you are under great care.  I hope you have a beautiful first year in transition on HRT (keep us updated if you can).
    • Desert Fox
      Yeah, whatever happened to “good morning”?  I think “hey you” can also work to address people without offense…”you” can be single or plural so that works for any gender, non binary, or any group of people, and can be pleasantly offensive or neutral.   And I am very familiar with the experience of being “ma’amed” while in boy mode, particularly on the phone by customer support people located outside north America for some reason. 
    • KayC
      I'm hoping this election cycle might finally cause 'that' party to pay a price for such nonsense.
    • Desert Fox
      So nice to hear things are going well for you. Support is huge and that is especially great when it comes from your SO as well as your family and son. I think being happy with one’s own life’s direction can set the stage for not only other successes but attract others who are in alignment with one’s own ideals. it sounds like you are definitely on a positive trajectory!
    • Desert Fox
      There is some progress being made, some positive awakening from those who understand the difference between biology and the societal roles and rules that have been created by humans to separate, restrict and control other humans. Unfortunately so many people are still set in one way of thinking about gender, whether it benefits them directly to do so or they just fail to think about things for themselves for whatever reason, and they often cite religious or other historical sources to try to back up their argument, sources which typically could be open to various interpretations.   Pushing boundaries is what makes progress and it’s what we are meant to do…but most everyone that has pushed a boundary also gets pushback. Most everyone who has disagreed with conventional thought is called a fool or worse; those who invent something get ridiculed and laughed out, then their ideas are stolen for someone else’s profit. We suffer tremendously to push boundaries but ultimately it’s what society needs to evolve.
    • Ashley0616
      Goodness! You sure have been busy! That's really crappy of what your oldest pulled. That part about the talking about getting asked if it's an enhancement was funny. I guess your boss is going to miss you and just has a funny way of showing it? 
    • Desert Fox
      I read this thread with great interest…thank you, Sally for sharing your life in this detail. As I too identify as bigender, I suppose I am also looking for validation of my experience because I don’t know many transgender individuals that stay in a long-term part-time situation. For most, bigender seems to be a temporary step to fill-time transition or it is more of something someone puts on, as in cross dressing or drag. I have always struggled to explain how someone could legitimately have two identities sharing one body, yet that’s basically how it has been for me for my whole life, all the way back to early childhood.    You and I are roughly in the same era, and growing up with gender variance was different than it is nowadays. Some of our experiences were similar, but generally your life went quite differently than mine.   Back in the day, a part-time person was called a transvestite and a full-timer was called a transsexual (often committing to bottom surgery as well), but I’ve really come to dislike the cross dresser/transvestite label because it tends to be associated with those who are fine with being cis, but like to dress in drag for fun or fetish. And that doesn’t describe all part-timers. I would say that I’m actually a transsexual who chose never to transition, and presenting female part-time is how I have coped with lifelong gender dysphoria. I don’t like myself being male, and never did, I simply accept that I am and have lived most of my life that way and just don’t care to put in the effort and money to transition.  I’m naturally a pretty girly male but I have to add hair, makeup and clothing to present female and I also try to “tone down” my girliness in male form. True androgyny never worked for me; I always switched between male and female looks, but at least that allowed me to use public bathrooms without issue.     I’m very curious - did you have a set of people, ie friends, family, coworkers, who only knew you as “male” and another set who knew you as Sally, with only a few (like your wife) knowing both sides? Such was more or less the case with me. 
    • mattie22
      I feel like a fake sometimes I am not really transfeminine WELL UNDER THEAT UMBRALA but whatever i call it. Like i do not deserve it others know ealer than me and did not identify as their gender at birth well It is more like just enough of me did to get by growing up and there were not many other options on what else i could be and when i got older i just found out about the standard trans people feel like they're born in the wrong body and i saw my self as a male so this could not be me even though it did not comply fit me. even though there is a part of me that likes to be seen and treated like a woman and ideally would probably like to live at least 70 percent of my time as one and perhaps the rest as male but what does this make a freak. also, I am around people who do not like people like me and they are family and do not know. this makes me feel even worse. Sometimes I wonder if I m just some gnc male, who is just using this as an escape if I become a woman for real I do not have to deal with all the crap that comes with being a feminine bisexual male. There are so many layers.
    • MaeBe
      I bet you looked every pennies worth of that million! I'm sure, even beyond the courtier's interactions it was a very fun evening.
    • MaeBe
      I haven't been posting much, it's been a bit of a whirlwind: My wife took a job in WA State, meaning we're moving halfway across the country by the end of the Summer. I was told "it would be good if you had a new job by the end of the month", meaning I'm getting laid off at the same time. My eldest snuck booze while we were at our friends' house, had a bad interaction with his anti-depressants, and then had the huevos to lie that he wasn't drunk while accusing us of not trusting him. There's been a lot to process lately.   That said, I got called ma'am for the first time today while out. Twice! I can't stop thinking about it. Later, my dad showed up without plan to watch the Liverpool match and I was way more girled up (see ma'am) than he's ever seen me; hair, makeup, tight top, skinny jeans, and brand new sandals. At one point he pointed at my boob and asked, "is that 'enhancement'?". If you call a t-shirt bra enhancement, I guess? "Nope, that's just me!". Later, my boss came at me all passive-aggressive via chat after hours, too. I'm kind of tired with his -crap-. I won't have a job in two weeks, so it's cool to just assume I'm sabotaging things? K. /eyeroll   It's been an interesting day.
    • Sally Stone
      Post 12   “First Kiss”   It was October 29th, 2003.  My dear friend Willa had purchased tickets for the two of us to attend “Red Hot Halloween,” a public Halloween party held at the Sanctuary in downtown Pittsburgh.  The event was a fund raiser benefitting the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force.  It was a great cause but it was also the perfect opportunity to let the adventurous side of my feminine persona have a little fun.    My first question to Willa was: “What should I wear?”    “Are you kidding?” She responded.  “This is your opportunity to be the Sally of your dreams.  I suggest you dress to impress.”   My first thought was to dress naughty.  It was Halloween, so it could be the perfect venue for something with an erotic edge to it.  I thought about going as a dominatrix or a naughty French maid.  After we talked about it, and weighed the pros and cons, Willa and I decided against naughty, and instead, chose to wear the fanciest evening gowns we could find.  Willa bought an expensive, silver sequined gown, and matching high-heels just for the event.  Me, on the other hand, I couldn’t justify spending big bucks on an evening gown for a single event, so I took a less expensive route.  It is amazing what you can find on the sale racks at big department stores when you look hard enough.  For a mere 30-dollars, I found a black, sleeveless column gown with matching bolero jacket.  The dress had a slit up the right leg, and it went all the way to my upper thigh, very sexy.  Being a column dress, it was form-fitting, and hugged my curves like a glove.  To complement my dress, I wore black patent high-heel pumps, a long blonde wig, and a set of long red fingernails.  As I recall, it took me three-hours just to do my makeup.  The end result, though, was worth the effort, because I felt like a million bucks.  It’s so obvious, why girls love dressing up – it’s an unbelievable high!   Inside the club it was a sea of bodies and the costumes were amazing.  At one point, I was standing on a balcony that overlooked the dance floor.  I was nursing a cocktail and watching the crowd.  Suddenly, there was a gentleman standing next to me; I didn’t notice his approach.  He told me I looked fabulous and he offered to buy me another drink.  I declined his drink offer, but we struck up a conversation.  Being a little slow, it took me a while to realize he was hitting on me. I never imagined anyone would ever actually be attracted to Sally, which I think contributed to my cluelessness.  So, I was shocked, and initially, a little creeped out as well.  After all, I wasn't into guys, and this was new to me.  As we continued talking, and he kept throwing accolades my way, I went from being uncomfortable to actually being flattered.    The event, being an AIDS fund raiser, had me assuming this guy was hitting on me because he was gay, and he thought I was, as well.  I wanted to set the record straight, so I casually mentioned that I wasn’t gay.  To my amazement, he responded by saying: “neither am I.”  Okay, now what was I supposed to do?  I didn’t want to be rude, but I didn’t want to send the wrong message either.  While I was trying to decide how to tell him I wasn’t interested, he asked if he could kiss me.  Not sure what I was thinking at that moment, I said “okay.”  He kissed me, and as strange as it was, I gave into it, not pulling away or disengaging.  It wasn’t a super passionate kiss, but it was more than a friendly peck on the lips, and I actually enjoyed it.  When we separated; however, I got the sense his passion had cooled.  I could only assume that my response to his kiss sent some kind of message that I wasn’t interested.    Whatever it was he picked up on, it let me off the hook, and I didn’t have to rebuff any further advances.  For this I was grateful, but at the same time, I was actually a little disappointed.  Clearly, I wasn’t going to lead him on, but it was so gratifying to know I had sparked his interest.  Despite his diminished passion, and his obvious realization I wasn’t going to be his girl, he remained the perfect gentleman.  We chatted for a few minutes more, then he gave me the nicest smile.  Again, he commented on how terrific I looked.  Then he added, “maybe I’ll see you later.”    It was hard for me to reconcile how I could have garnered the attention of a man.  In my mind’s eye, I knew my feminine presentation didn’t completely mask my birth sex, so why would a self-proclaimed straight guy actually be interested in me?  Had it been the only time something like this would happen, I would have chalked it up to random chance.  But it wouldn’t be the last time a man would hit on me.  It doesn’t happen often, but it still occurs more than I would have guessed, and I'm always surprised.    I have never asked, but I have always been curious to know my would-be suitor’s motivations.  Were they hitting on me simply because they happened to be fond of trans women, or was their attraction triggered by connecting with my inner woman?  And, however unlikely, did they mistake me for a cis woman?  I guess it really doesn’t matter much one way or the other, because ultimately, I’m not looking for any kind of a relationship.  However, I’d be fibbing if I said I wasn’t at least a little interested in another opportunity to get kissed.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Ivy
    • Betty K
      Thanks Davie! And don’t worry, I didn’t take it that way. It’s just such a big topic I can only hope to tackle it one bit at a time.
    • KathyLauren
      This is not uncommon.  I started out going to the therapist in androgynous clothing: from the women's department, but plausibly masculine.  What made it easier was when I started going to a trans peer support group.  Most of the people there were presenting fully feminine, so I looked out of place in my androgynous clothing.  The peer pressure made it easier to dress in skirts.   I started out changing in a gender-neutral bathroom near the meeting room.  But I soon started wearing skirts in the car to and from the meetings.   Yes, it was nerve-wracking at first, but I soon realized that no one was looking and no one cared.    You can do this.
    • ClaireBloom
      In my last session my therapist is starting to suggest that I need to start exploring my gender identity in a more tangible way through wearing feminine clothing at least during sessions.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around her seeing me actually en femme.   I love and trust her, but the thought of being visibly feminine is scaring (and thrilling) me.  Is this a common thing in gender therapy?  How do I get past the fear?  More importantly, what should I wear? 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.