• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Debt Deal? Nope Still Failing.

Guest EvenClose

Guest EvenClose

I didn't wanna make a post about what side is right or wrong and all that stuff, and I won't. I just can't figure out though why on earth all of the politicians as a whole think that taking the American economy and using it as toilet paper could ever be a good thing. All i hear is conservatives won't budge, liberals won't budge. Republicans have a better plan, Democratics have an even better plan.

Honestly I don't really give two craps who has the better plan, cause its doing NONE of us in the ENTIRE GLOBE! any good at all. Sorry but it really really irks me to watch a ton of incompetent fools talk smack for hrs and days and days on end. They are making all of us look like idiots..I really bet the world wonders, "why in the world did they ever vote these fools in for". I bet if their houses and paychecks and cars and dinners,planes and whatever the heck else they got going on, was taken away they would be whining like babies. OH NO, what do I do now? How about getting A REAL JOB!

Im not saying every last one of the politicians are bad. Im sure there are some good ones. Ya know, honest decent people. Maybe like 2 or 3. I keed, probably more. Its just that Im sooooo frustrated at this point. Being trans is hard, attempting to be happy is harder, doing it all while your only income you have (unemployment, and looks like thats runnin out dang soon. (TY SO MUCH FOR TALKING FOREVER AND DOING NOTHING!!!) I rely on that at the moment. I got fired for being trans. I get the rest of what i have stripped away because why? Was I not smart enough to vote for someone better? Did I not do my part as an american citizen? Have I not helped support our troops? ( I got friends in there. I do what I can for them.) I have did the best I could do, and to see the world look down on us like we have literally lost 100 IQ points in the last days? weeks? years? Its just saddening.

You know just as well as I that you could probably come up with something aggreable, IF you are dealing with others like yourself. Ya know what I mean. Sane, hard working, honest, dedicated, passionate individuals? Not them, no sir. They gotta go around and play the NO ITS YOUR FAULT NOT MINE game. Oh its gonna be a fault alright, when they DEFAULT on the all this debt and send us into oblivion. _FACEPALM_ Its not a hard flippin concept, if you ain't gotta the money DON"T SPEND IT!! To make matters worse, I'de bet that there is even a bunch of us here who's credit rating has been bombed into oblivion cause of all this stuff to begin with. What ya gonna do with no credit score? Answer= whatever you want. If you got the money for it you buy it, if not, you don't get it. Kinda seems to me thats how most things oughta be run. Yeah credit is great if there is a guarantee that you can pay it back....But realistically most things in life are kind of a gamble...You don't know if your gonna get fired, you don't know if hrt will kill you or not, you don't know if your gonna get into a wreck..To many undecided factors. You would think that someone in the government would understand that concept. We have the HUGEST GDP of anywhere and we are spending it into oblivion? There are millions of people out of work. People can't feed themselves. Most are having a hard time finding jobs and we do what with all the money? I have no idea, I pay my taxes and I was under the impression that the government would at least attempt to put some back for a rainy day...Isn't that what they tell us to do?

Anyway, I'll end my rant...I know I didn't cover lots of things that affects all this and such. It wasn't the point of it anyway. The point Im trying to make is, noone, I mean noone can escape a debt of this magnitude and think that everything will ride out eventually. These people need to get it together and help us like we have been doing them.

Miranda

• Admin

I tend to agree with you, Miranda. The art of the compromise seems lost on the new breed of "take no prisoners" politicians. The Republicans sign a no-tax "pledge" written by some ideologue public relations hack. The Democrats won't agree to modify either of the two biggest ticket items in the budget, Medicare and Social Security, because they might lose some votes. So we end up with brinkmanship and stalemate and lots of sturm und drang. It will come down to the last few hours, and then they'll cut a meaningless deal.

I deal with politicians at the local level. Some are decent and honest. Most are interested in just one thing; getting re-elected, over and over and over again. :banghead:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Julie T

Oh my, yes. The politics of failure. I really hope Americans, who are well educated in these modern times, vote everyone of these incompetent, self promoting, jerks out of office. Clean house, sweep it clean.

We need to act on our disgust, so don't forget these embarrassing times when you pull the lever the next election. It should be simple? If they were in? Vote them out, Republican and Democrat, liberal and conservative.

Julie

Guest chngnwnd

I think the situation is aggravated by a faction that wants there to be no resolution to the conflict over the debt ceiling, or anything else for that matter...

They could at least make a law requiring congress people to wear clown suits at all times. I see some value in that.

hugs

Bobbi

The solution to virtually all of the problems in the House, Senate and even the Presidency could be cured with a single term - longer than now so that you can learn what needs to be done and the correct procedures to accomplish their goals - as is it takes nearly two years of campaigning to get re-elected - not much time for work when you have a 2 or 4 year term - the Senators have about the right length of term but they too are running for re-election from the time that they get in - make sure you do not offend the main money behind your campaign.

Special interest group would hold less power if no one could get re-elected and now trim the fat - no one outside of elected officials and Federal Judges retire at full pay - look how much money could be saved by this simple act, tie in no longer supplying them with offices and full staff - it is nice to thank someone for doing a hard job but most companies give you a gold watch and a reduced pension.

You do notice that if the government defaults it is social security checks that will be held up nothing about the Congressional payroll - that is always separate.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest EvenClose

Oh nice, here it is saturday and yet once again they can't get along.

Not only ssi, enemployment, troops not getting paid, heck I wonder if they will keep the traffic lights on at this point. Yeah there we go. Lets just turn off all the traffic lights so we can save untold pennies. These fools.

Not to get too into actual politics, but I had took a look at the budget a while back and continue too now and then. Helps keep my mind off dysphoria. :) But we literally spend billions for some stupid stuff. Like there was A few hundred thousand going toward growing more mushrooms in some place. I like portobellas and stuff, sure. But not at the expense of the GLOBE!!! There is just all kinds of stuff, couple hundred grand to some thing in kansas to neuter dogs. Come to find out. It don't exist. There is tons and tons and tons and tons of this crap. I'll let them give me a couple hundred grand to neuter me if thats the case. Just hand over the check. Won't cost me much, then I can pass the saving on to many other people around here in the TS community and help them too. I bet it would be money a ton better spent that on ghost dogs.

But ya know what? They don't read this crap. They just look at numbers as a whole and what numbers end up in that back pocket. The budget is flippin mega massive ginormous!! I just don't get it.

If i remember correct we give Ireland or something 100 million a year to help restore trees. I have never heard in my life of 1 person from Ireland losing there sanity over not having enough trees. Maybe they need them. But I can buy trees for like 5-10 that are just started. ALL DAY I can. So at that cost they should be so overwhelmed with trees that they can't see outside the house cause its like a jungle out there.

Im not saying im against nature or nothing like that. Its just that If us cutting that out of the budget had such a major impact then wouldn't Ireland be on the tv, net something screaming ZOMG WHUT WE GONNA DO NOW!!!! I haven't heard anything. If its that bad, I'll move there and call my self Joanna appleseed and I'll plant so many trees that It will be massive shades of red and orange and green everywhere. I'll be bearing so much fruit (lol, no pun intended) that they won't be able to make pies fast enough to keep up with the amount of trees Ide be plantin.

Whatever, you get it. I know you do. I wish I could run. I soo would. I would be the most belligerent person ever when it came to stupidity. I don't care if they liked me or not. I would not be in there making buddies. Oh heck no. I might not get 1 thing passed but they would dang sure know how the people feel about them being so stupid all the time. Ide get every media outlet I could behind me to be able to show how dumb these people are on a daily basis.

Im actually glad that this is getting so much attention. People need to realize how stupid they are being up there. You should be able to trust people that represent you. That applies to everything.

I would never want a lawyer that would go into court and go "hey this person is a real P.O.S., I mean yeah they probably saved that child in the car wreck and they did lose 2 arms and a leg pulling that 3 yr olds dog out of the radiation contaminated craphole, but really judge, look at them. I suggest you just behead them now. Its not worth wasting our time over." Thats about how I feel they represent me most the time.

Oh yeah and p.s. Remind me to get dish soap, were out. I planned on cooking up some chicken for tacos tonight but were out. <3 yall and have a good day. lol

Miranda

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • MAN8791
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Avra
    • Davie