• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

You'll Love This / Primary Transition Principals

Guest Lacey Lynne

Guest Lacey Lynne

Hi!

Well, a few days ago, one of our members started a thread, and, oh, what a thread it is ... not because I'm on the prominently ... but because it discussed the central issues every transsexual faces eventually: Transition versus Nontransition.

Several people say this thread should be tagged because of the importance of these issues and the discussion at hand. Agreed. Again, NOT because I'm in the thread but because of the subject matter itself.

The Main Thread:

http://www.lauras-pl...opic=36042&st=0

See? That thread's a doozy, agreed? Yeah, I believe so. Wow. Thank you, Cessair. Awesome thread.

The discussion got lively, you see. Jeesh. Transition? Don't? Who knows?

Well, I subsequently got two private messages (among others) that caught my eye about this particular thread. Check 'em out.

Respect & Kindness Reply:

Dang! That particular personal message is now gone, and I DID NOT erase it. Okay, swell. Hmmm, makes one wonder, doesn't it. Who's messin' with my messages? Oh, well. Doesn't matter. Anyway, the respectful and kind message was from none other than Cessair. She did not necessary agree with me; however, she was classy, dignified and kind in her reply. For this, I both thank and salute her in total respect and empathy.

Disrespectful & Unkind Reply:

Then, I get THIS little zinger ... from one of our moderators no less. Here ya go gang:

{deleted - as this is in violation of part 9 of the Terms and Conditions}

What do YOU think about that one?

Folks, this particular PM miffed me. My reply ... in the open forums:

Know-It-All:

Of course, I DON'T know it all. Nobody does ... not even close. However, I DO know more than most people ... a LOT more ... sorry about that. Born this way, honey. Was never going to divulge this; however, now I feel I must. I've tested over 200 I.Q. more than once, baby. How about you?

Physical Shape:

Kathleen Rose (moderator here) saw me live and in person about a week ago. PM here and ask her if Lacey's lookin' good for somebody that a little shy of age 60. Yeah, I was born with lucky genetics that way, but I work like a galley slave to make the most of what I have. Match my workout and diet for a month, honey. Then, we'll talk. Remember, I'm pushing 60. Sure, I'm aging too just like anybody else. However, I'm doing it gracefully ... because ... I WORK at it.

Drea:

I accept your offer about the point/counterpoint conversation. However, like in a real estate deal, I say: "Your price; my terms."

Your Price:

Sure, let's talk ... anytime.

My Terms:

Open forums, baby.

{we discussed this and you may have this debate in open form or in PM, your choice - but not both. You must comply with the Terms and Conditions in either format}

Peace to Everybody :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Postscript:

Actually, I believe I'm very supportive and respectful on these forums to everybody. Dare I say it, but I believe I inspire some. That is my intent. Fantasy Land? No. Kindness Land? Yes.

Some people say I'm off in La-La Land while others are making real plans. Gee, I just moved 3100 miles to the most transfriendly city in America ... to transition. That doesn't count, does it? I could go on, but the general readership will get the idea and will decide for themselves.

Main Point:

These forums are about kindness and support. Let them be and remain so. Thanks muchly.

Edited by Julie T
There can be no discussion of PM contents in the Forum without the permission of the other party. Also, all discussion is to remain civil and non-personal.

Hi, Lacey Lynne!

You've thrown a 95mph slider and no way can I hit it out of the park, but what the heck, I'm going to swing anyway! (BTW I'm not a baseball fan, but the analogy seemed to work.)

You've issued a few challenges to the rest of us here, and I just hope I'm up to them! I don't know how to paint words as well as many others, and I do worry that my posts seem empty and flat. It is not for lack of trying! There are times when I ask the question, "If I can't hit the mark with what I'm writing, then should I write anything at all?" And I've walked away from posts when that's really the truth. Other times, I post my best, hoping that others will see it and bail me out! Yes, excuses! I hate 'em! But in an imperfect world, sometimes they're acceptable...

Cessair's point about non-transition is well taken. And, I'll say the same to you: It isn't the right path for everyone. I'll be fully behind you, no matter what you decide. And I think that I have to look at my own attitude in a sober light: Am I being pushy instead of thoughtful? posting with blinders on? I try not to work on hindsight - going back and fretting about the past - but giving me the foresight and impetus to do better - I'll always appreciate that! Thank you!

Since you brought it up: This Lacey girl has a great body! Sure, it started with good genetics, but there's a whole lot of hard personal effort showing up there too! If anyone on the forum wants to know how it's done, ask Lacey! And, your support for others here is well taken. I do envy your gift of words --- IQ points well used - that's a great thing!!! Please keep up the good stuff!

I have to go mow the lawn. I'm trying to decide if this is the day to wear that miniskirt while doing it. (it's a chilly day in Western Washington - big surprise). But I'll be thinking this over more too...

Okay, I fouled the pitch away. Wanna throw a nice slow one right over the plate?

Love, Kat

Guest JustShelly

Ok! Lets compare LIVES!!

Pre Transition-Life sucked

During transition-Life sucks

Post op-probably will never happen if by miracle of God it does then that book has yet to be written. I am sure with my insecurity and negative outlook on life the outcome will be- Life sucks

I could make excuses of why my life sucks, some are legitamite ones such as the economy, depression, job stiuation, TRANSITION!! and................

It all comes down to ME!! I am very insecure, always was always will be. Lets see what my life is like!!

Haven't even touched a woman let alone even talk with one for SIX years now. I have tried but my incurcurities must turn them off. Who wants to here "oh pitifull me" all the time. I didn't do that on purpose but I'm sure thats how I came accross.

Job HAHAHAHA!!! I can't even find a part time retail job. I have a college degree, no one will hire me. My ex stole money from a previus job, barely graduated college yet makes $40,000. Oh at least I got her to drop the child support I was paying even though I have my children 50/50. Apparently pleading to something I never did and now having a misdameaner criminal record, I can't even drive a freak'n school bus. HEY! heres what I did.

Count 1 of bailjumping(breakin a no contact order)- Praying to wife on kitchen floor when she returned from work.

Count 2 of bail jumping (breakin a no contact order)- Sending wife a valintines card and cookie.

Count 3 of bail jumping (breakin a no contact order)- Crying in drive way while leaving after she invited me over for dinner with her and my children.

Count 4 of bail jumping (breakin a no contact order)- not sure what this one was for, I think talking on phone or something. My great attorney (ya right!!) got this one dropped.

I was one hour away from putting her on the stand and having her listen to a tape recording of her laughing about everything that happened, while she apparently feared for her life. I loved her dearly still and couldn't do that. I pleaded out and now I pay for it everyday! The rest of my life!

Frieinds 0- ZILCH- NOTTA agian my fault I push people away. Aquiatances the same.

Family, HUH ya its like pulling teeth to get together for Christmas and it still doesn't happen. I'm sure though once I tell them I am transitioning things will change. HAHAHAHHA!!!

MONEY!!! have you ever heard of those people that can live on $20,000 a year. Well not me!! I can raise a whole family of four on less. HA how about that!!!

OH ya I finally calimed bankruptcy, that should help, oh wait I wasn't paying my creditors anyways hmmm I'm still in the same boat!!

Oh YA then everyother week when I don't have my children I stop myself 1 to 3 times from killing myself. I just go to bed crying and hating myself, sometimes as early as 8:00. I at least have hope tommorow will come and it won't be quite as bad. My children have no idea why I cry when they leave for the week.

Oh and did I mention that I feel like a failure EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE!!!

You know what transitioning isn't going to change this one bit, in fact it may make things even more difficult. This is the risk I am willing to take, I have tried to do my best as him, I will do my best as her. I know I am not thick skinned enough to handle this good but I am getting better as time goes by. I have come to accept myself and said things to people I thought I never could.

As far as the moderators on this forum. I will say that they are a bit of a click. I can't blame them, who doesn't want this!! I will also say they are too nice at times and because of this they may tend to be agreeing at times. As far as this forum being moderated, yes it has its good and bad but I will take the good.

I too feel isolated on this forum, this is nothing new to me or on any forum. Sometimes its the forum but for the most part its the person themselves.

Lacey, I'm sorry your life sucks like mine. We must keep going foward, heck thats all we can do!!

Shelly

P.S. Sorry about my poor spelling my cp isn't working well, I lost my google spellcheck!!

Guest Madison_Always

I want to preface what I am going to say by saying that i do not feel like my life stinks. As, unfortunately, Lacey and Shelley feel theirs do. I'm so sorry you all feel that way. I am very fortunate and for that I am grateful. But in my heart of hearts I know I was born with the wrong everything. I feel like a massive majority of my life has been a lie. Both to myself and to every single person I have ever come into contact with. My feelings greatly distress me and no matter what happens I HAVE to at least go with transition and see what happens. That's why I will transition. My life may get worse but at least it will be worse as a woman. I'll finally be true to myself and the world. I don't know just my two cents.

Chelsea :)