• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

wig shops

Guest kimberly c

Guest Emily Ray

In my experience most wig shops are cd/tg friendly. We are a large portion of their buisness at least big enough to not turn away. Good luck on finding your wig.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Sanjiyan

I would be interested in this too. I got one from online that I like, but it would be nice to have a closer look at them. Especially the more expensive ones.

Love,

-Lena

Guest Julie T

Everyone?

This topic often comes up and you might want to look at some of the advice from older posts.

Generally, it seems if you go in with confidence and a credit card, tell them exactly what you want, and if true, say it is part of your therapy? They are glad to see you. If you are shy? go when there is not a crowd.

Julie

• Admin

Just a minor caution to what Julie just said above. Some wig shops deal with special clients such as chemo-therapy or alopica patients and insist that their clients privacy be foremost. If the shop mentions that specialty, call and make an appointment with them, you do have a medical condition too, and it may be the best move you have made, with the appointment, they will show you some of the most realistic wigs that may not be on front store display and may work on credit with you if you go for a $3K human hair wig. If you just barge in off the street, in male mode looking for female hair, your reception if will be very frosty and not terribly helpful. There will be a sign on the business that says this is what they do, just look and read it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kourtney

I know everyone is saying "in-person", however, VogueWigs is an online shop with GREAT wigs! There are customer pictures, reviews, and for certain wigs a review video. I suggest taking a look (not to mention their 2-day shipping!!)

www.voguewigs.com