• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"The Surgery...."

Guest Donna Jean

Guest barton

'The Surgery' has always been part of my plans.

Whether those plans will be coming to fruition anytime soon, well...One can always win the lottery, I guess. :/

Guest Robin Winter

I plan to, but money is of course a problem. It's covered some places in Canada under the public health care, though, so I think I'll likely end up moving to another province in order to accomplish it.

Guest EvenClose

I intend to have "the surgery"......probably..Im exactly like Megan Rose. I use to not like it. Didn't hate it, but I just feel like I'de rather be able to live than focus like a laser beam on surgery. I'll get it sometime. Its important, but in reality it doesn't change my life in earth shattering ways.

If I was single and didn't have children already, It would probably be higher up on the list for me. I got so many things to keep me busy in life, that I really don't see me having the time to do it even any time soon. Newborn, 7 yrs of college. Orchi might be an option. I know I got a long way to go.

Miranda

Sadness for being a lonely non op trans person.

Kieran, I seen many who weren't interested in having surgery feel like they are left out given the focus many do put on surgery. Understand that a large portion of the trans population is like you and don't want or doesn't have much interest in surgery. Many just don't mention it because of feeling that others focused on surgery may think less of them or that they feel they are the exception by not wanting. You are far from alone.

Sadness for being a lonely non op trans person.

Kieran, I seen many who weren't interested in having surgery feel like they are left out given the focus many do put on surgery. Understand that a large portion of the trans population is like you and don't want or doesn't have much interest in surgery. Many just don't mention it because of feeling that others focused on surgery may think less of them or that they feel they are the exception by not wanting. You are far from alone.

I suppose...it just seems that when it comes to trans men and AFAB trans people top surgery is a high priority and something almost everybody has.

Guest Leah1026
Do you desire the surgery? Is it in your plans?

Nope, I'm done. No more surgery for me thanks. I had 4 surgeries over a 5 years period. What you see is what you get. And YES, it was all about being complete for me. Or as I said at the start of transition: I'm going to do the best I can with what I've got. :)

Guest ColinFarber

I want everything but the phallo, I'll get the meta if I find the money. Yes the results have improved, but still not enough for me to be worth the price, the pain and the possible complications, not to mention the limitations.

My priorities, though, are hrt + hysto and top surgery.

Guest Maria_B

I've begun reading a DIY SRS book.

Doesn't seem so hard, and they say the pain is minimal.

.____. Maybe its a combination of being 17, a girl, hormonal, impatient and having ''Phantom Vagina'', but gosh darned am I not willing to wait for it XD

• Forum Moderator

Maria there is no way to do DIY SRS!

And painless? There are a couple of people here who had the same kind of information and believed it-ask them. Anything but painless. Not to mention that you will bleed to death. Unless you decide to do it in an emergency room or get very, very lucky.

Hon, if it were possible, especially if it was painless and relatively easy, there wouldn't be many women on here who hadn't done it.

The truth is that anyone can write anything in a book. It doesn't have to be true. What do they care as long as saying it works gets you to buy the book? They'll say anything.There are books out there telling you how to cook and eat people as well as books about how crazy TS people are and why we should be destroyed. Books about everything imaginable. Would you really consider any other kind of DIY surgery?

And if you do try this and are lucky enough to have someone save your life the psych ward is often the next stop. Whether it is or not there is s high likelihood that if you are ever able to have SRS it will be long delayed. So please, please don't consider it. Go the safe way. The one that is difficult enough only a handful of people in the world do it but can leave you with anatomy that has been known to fool a Gyn. If I could ever achieve that kind of success as a male it would be worth any wait.

Be safe -you have a long, long time ahead to be the woman in body you are in heart and mind.

Hugs

Johnny

Guest Maria_B

JJ, I was not being serious, but I greatly appreciate the concern.

It was simply a means of symbolising my impatience.

Though I should of thought the better.

• Forum Moderator

Now that's a relief! I was actually surprised that you'd consider it but we have had people seriously attempt some form of self SRS.

Glad to know you wouldn't but I do understand the impatience. I don't want my top surgery tomorrow-I want it day before yesterday.

Now be a good girl and find this old man a place to lie down after giving me a fright like that

:D

Johnny

Guest seanjamie

Yeah I definitely want to get rid of the slight problem (cough cough aaaaarggghhh , oh my gosh they're still there :0 ), thats an understatement . I keep hoping I'll wake up without them and yeah I agree with JJ

I don't want my top surgery tomorrow-I want it day before yesterday.

Hugs Sean