• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

long hair and brest development

Guest yuki

Hi all I was just wondering if HRT (MTF) has any effect on the time it takes to grow your hair longer, and about how long (on average it takes for breast growth and development)

ty in advance,

Yuki

Guest EvenClose

Hair grows roughly an inch a month. Hrt don't seem to affect it.The other growth is just dependent on genetics. Some take forever, some take 6 months. Its a crap shoot. You take the meds and get what ya get.

It takes cis-gals a few years to have full breast development. So just keep that in mind. Its not fast. You will probably notice something happening within the first three months.

Miranda

Guest IsabelleStPierre

Greetings,

HRT doesn't affect how quickly your hair grows, at least as far as I know. However fast your hair grows now will more than likely be the same after you start HRT.

Breast development depends on a number of factors. It takes cis-girls a couple of years to fully develop. Grown seems fast a first and then seems to slow, but it's not that it's really slowed all that much but rather that as the breast grow in size it take more breast tissue to move up in size. You age when you start HRT is also another big factor too; the younger you are when you start the more fully your breasts will tend to develop. Also, most MtFs generally develop to about 1 cup size smaller than the women in their immediate family. So if your mom is like a C-cup then you can usually expect at least a B-cup and possibly larger.

Like most things in life, it's hard to say definitively exactly how HRT is going to effect you.

Peace, love, and contentment,

Isabelle

Guest Donna Jean

21 or 23 are both a great age to get the most out of HRT.....,

Generally works better the younger you are....

I've been on HRT almost 3 years and still have an "A" cup....But, I'm waiting....

Good luck when you start..

Donna Jean

Guest Julie T

Yuki

I hesitate to add this, as all the advice is very good, but hair only grows about 1/2 inch per year, which equals about 6" I started letting my hair grow out in starting November 2008, and it was about 1 inch average. That is about 33 months ago and would equal about 16 1/2 inches plus the starting 1 inch. That's about what I have. I don't think HRT sped it up, but it does seem healthier.

But my breast size on HRT though? I am 42 C now, but I had great and early results. I am also a big woman. I suspect it takes about 6 years to reach full size, just as it does for girls.

Julie