• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Got a new hair cut

Guest CariadsCarrot

Guest CariadsCarrot

I've been frustrated with the fact that the woman who usually cuts my hair keeps leaving it longer and more feminine than I want. The last time she cut my hair I went and looked in the mirror after and felt like I already needed it cut again. So this time my partner suggested I went to the barbers we usually take our sons to.

I was a bit disappointed that they had obviously read me as female right away...but then after I got home I realised that my carer had said 'she wants her hair cut' when the woman didn't understand me (my carer does know I'm trans but I guess she's still getting used to it or something...I'll talk to her about being more careful not to out me if it happens again) so then I feel kinda better coz I don't know what would have happened if she hadn't said that. It's very hit and miss how I get read at the moment but I guess even getting read as male part of the time is pretty good as I haven't started T yet.

Anyway, I'm happier with the hair cut I have this time. What do you think?

Gabe.png

Guest John Chiv

Gabe,

I like it. Can definitely see a difference from the first photo I saw of you. I would try and few different things and see what style you like. T will change the structure of your face. And different cuts suit different people. I used to have this marine cut but growing my hair out made me look more male and I decided to have long sideburns.

John

Guest CariadsCarrot

Thanks John. I'm enjoying trying some different styles. Before the last cut I posted on here I'd had my hair the same since I was a kid so it's good doing different stuff. Cariad says I look more manly with this one...I just see all the horrible female things in the mirror so it's difficult to tell. I can't wait to get on T and start seeing changes. Wish I knew who to bribe to get the NHS working quicker (wish I had something to bribe them with lol)

I'm yet to find out what my mum thinks of the new hair cut but I'm pretty sure she's gonna hit the roof! lol Good thing is that I actually don't care any more.

Gabe

Guest John Chiv

Gabe,

Just around the corner is a post where we will be congratulating you starting T. As for your mum, I am glad to see that her approval isn't needed. Regardless of how they may feel now, and how they adjust, they will not be able to deny that you are happier.

Handing you a chilled coca cola and looking foward to the next photo.

John

Guest Jenny K.

Lookin' good! ^_^

If you want you could try putting some gel in your hair and spiking it slightly in the front and top. But as long as you like it thats all that matters

Guest CariadsCarrot

Thank you SeanJamie.

Thanks for the Coke John, I hope you kept one for yourself too.

It's strange, when my mum saw she actually made very little response at all. I was all braced for a fight and there was nothing. Maybe she's resigning herself to accepting things. I hope I am showing her with grace that I am still most of the bits of me that don't want to loose but happier and better than I was when I was trying to be female.

At the moment T feels such a frustratingly long way off. After the referral to the psych not working out and having to get re-referred I'm still waiting for that. I don't know if they'll pass me to be referred to a gender therapist right away or not but then I'll have to wait for another referral to go through for that. I so badly want things to be happening faster!

Patience is not one of my strong points lol Maybe it's something I need to learn out of this process.

Thanks jenny, Yeah I've always wanted to have hair I could spike. I'm not sure how my skin will do with gel though coz I get allergies to a lot of things. I'll have to try it at least once to see.

Gabe