• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Favorite Tv Show?

It's all about Burn Notice for me. Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) is hot!!!!! *catches my breath*. I love how detailed it all is he explains the creative things he's doing in voice overs and it's just so inventive, I love it!! I'm also addicted to it and HIM. He's so confident and knows exactly what he's doing AT ALL TIMES. There is no sticky situation he can't get out of and he does it all as cool as a cucumber without being cocky or pretentious. The show is basically about him being a spy that gets 'fired' or 'burned' as they say ..blacklisted and he becomes a free agent doing odd jobs to get by while he try's to track down the person who burnt him. S

ome would say he is a bit like a modern McGyver only 100 better and 100 times hotter!!!

He's raised the bar for all the guys out there now that is the only down side LMAO! His character is the perfect guy in my eyes. ;)

5237761.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• EVAN_DESU

• MaryEllen

• ChristianRay

• 7 months later...
Guest PhoebeJoan

i dont really watch TV nowadays, usually if I do its documentaries.

My favourites are The Wire and Mad Men, I just think both shows have really pushed the TV medium into a higher reality than anyone thought possible, to something that can rival or even surpass film. Nothing else on TV has ever come close really. Just incredibly intelligent and realised serials, that show TV can be more than lawyer/medical/police procedurals, sitcom staleness and reality dredge.

Other favourites, past and present would include;

Six Feet Under

Homicide: Life on the Street(which I credit as being a crucial point towards modern TV, away from the silly cop chases and forensic nonsense and most of all, the intuitive dramatic realisation)

Breaking Bad(2nd best show currently on TV)

Life on Mars(UK version)

Oz

M*A*S*H

The Sopranos

South Park

Blackadder

Animated Tintin

Guest PhoebeJoan

:lol:

I wish I could get away with some of his antics and not get a Section8. Poor Klinger might have fitted somewhere under the umbrella.

M*A*S*H is my favourite comedy. Even today with countless years of re-runs, it still outdoes any new comedy for laughs.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont watch a lot of TV. Between helpin out around the house, and helpin friends out durin the day, college, and (now) the auxiliary i dont have time for it. Only time I really sit down and watch anything is when UFC is on, and I never miss TUF [The Ultimate Fighter].

When I got the house to myself though I take full advantage of the TV lol.

I like a lot of the shows on The National Geographic channel; Boarder wars, Fight Science, Naked Science, Explorer, and the other shows they have on there that catch my attention.

I watch a lot of the history channel as well, and Animal Planet. NatGeoWild has some cool stuff as well. And The Discovery Channel is always my "go to" channel. Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, Surviorman, Stormchasers, Mythbusters, Beyond Survival, Planet Earth (Which is just awesome in HD btw) Ice Road Truckers is one Ive always liked as well.

I watch a lot of spike TV. 1000 ways to die, TUF, Deadliest Warrior, UFC. G4: Attack of the show (AOTS), Campus PD, Ninja Warrior, Unbeatable Banzuke, It's Effin Science, and waiting to see That's Tough.

I watch some MTV. not a whole lot. Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, Nitro Circus, jack***, and Celebrity Deathmatch is just a classic. As well as Beavis & Butthead.

then theres FuelTV, ESPN, & Speed Channel.

Ive always like CSI and House. And its practical family tradition to watch Americas Most Wanted and Cops every saturday night.

Contrary to popular belief, i DO NOT watch huntin or fishin shows. I just dont see the point in watchin some other dude have all the fun, when I could be out doin it and havin fun myself. Its just one of those "what the hell man?!" kinda things. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Admin

Not sure why I never posted to this topic before, but I guess its better late than never.

I can't possibly choose my favorite, or even rank the top 5, but among my favorites is:

Star Trek

Combat!

L.A. Law

M.A.S.H.

The Twilight Zone

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The Smothers Brothers variety show

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (PBS)

Hill Street Blues

The Prisoner

The X-Files

Carolyn Marie

Guest NatashaJade

Doctor Who (4th, 9th, 10th & 11th especially - but the 9th will always be my Doctor)

Wiseguy (Season 1 only with Kevin Spacey)

News Radio

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Babylon 5

The Wire

xoxo

Gin

• 4 months later...
Guest Exeter

Some of my favourite TV shows are The X-files, Millenium, Monk and BBC Top Gear.

I've currently been watching Top Gear and episodes of House MD and Fringe.

Guest CariadsCarrot

law and order SVU

Town called Eureka

Fringe

Anything scientific or historical

Touched by an angel

Tattoo highway

House

Criminal minds

Mentalist

Guest Aries

I LOVE Dexter! Luv Luv Luv LUV! (plus he's rediculously hot) :P

I also really like Castle, Fringe, Farscape, Star Trek (no Voyager or DS9).

I'm a nerd :P

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

I see im the only one that likes ANTM-.-. But my all time favorite I dont care if it ended shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed my favorite shows ever!:) and forever!:)

Guest Megan_Lynn

Lets see

Buffy the vampire slayer

Charmed

Angel

Supernatural

Law and order ( all of them)

Bones

House

Burn notice

Cold case

Royal pains

Fairly legal

Dawson creek

las vegas

Monday night raw

Friday night smackdown

Sunday Football

Guest tiffany_marie

Favorite show of all time is hands down Seinfeld.. there's not even a close second.

Other past shows I've enjoyed.

Unsolved Mysteries

Whose line is it anyway? (liked both versions, prefer The British one)

Of current television shows, my favorite is Intervention.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tanyalynn

Oh so many. But, top ones right now-

Smallville- I know it just had its series finale, but Ill count it.

The Big Bang Theory- I hate sitcoms, but this show makes me laugh all the time.

Law and Order SVU

CSI- Miami

Crminal Minds

Fringe

Law and Order CI

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aly Kat

I LOVE Dexter! Luv Luv Luv LUV! (plus he's rediculously hot) :P

I also really like Castle, Fringe, Farscape, Star Trek (no Voyager or DS9).

I'm a nerd :P

I agree w/ you on Dexter, Castle, and Fringe... but why no love for Voyager or DS9??? Nelix & Seven were amazing

My favorite shows are (in order): LOST, Dexter, True Blood, House, Fringe....etc. I watch pretty much everything, but these are my favs. I'm a cult tv addict

Non-scripted, I love ANTM, biggest loser, and dr. oz.

Guest ShannonA23

Stargate SG-1, the only one I ever followed, dont watch TV much, on the other hand I dont think I even own one... nope I don't.

shannon

Guest ladyamy

hmm hard one um i guess it whould have to be, family guy, lost, meerkat mannor, the shadow line ( fun fact my mum knows the person who wrote it) psycoville, and lots of others.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tasha_A

I like Criminal Minds, Cold Case, CSI, CSI NY, CSI Miami, NCIS, Bones, Angel, Judge Judy (soo funny), Rookie Blue, and a few others.