• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bracelet thickness for large hands

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

Okay. I just bought my first bracelet for my wrist. It's one of those ones that stretch with an elastic string. I think it looks good but was wondering what is the ideal thing to do with large mens hands. Do we go with large bracelets or small or medium. I don't want to draw attention to hand size. My hands aren't huge or anything but just trying to balance things out.

Krisina

Guest Julie T

You give some information but I think that you need to add more, perhaps? Are your fingers thin or thick. Are your knuckles knobby or smooth? Do you want to draw attention to your hands?

I have fairly large hands but they are in proportion to my larger body as I am almost 6'-2" tall . But my fingers are relatively slender. My left hand, for example.my pinkie ring size is a 7, my actual ring finger size is a 9, I wear less jewelry that i once did before I went full time. I am not quite sure why. But it might be my nails are super long now, and French tip, so I don't want to draw attention away from that.

But I do like bracelets. Larger women can wear many bracelets. As to the size? I would say try different sizes, types and widths at the jewelry counter. a 1 1/2" wide band bracelet looks good on me, but wider than that does not. Personally I like bracelets that move a little. Fortunately the HRT narrowed my wrists a bi, and bracelets that were tight are now looser.

Julie

Guest IsabelleStPierre

Greetings,

While not a problem I've ever had to deal with a couple of my friends have large hands and wrists. They find shopping at a larger women's store like Lane Bryant they can find jewelry that is more their size. My only recommendation is that if you're wearing a stretch type of bracelet that you don't want it stretched too tight as that tends to draw more attention to your wrists; most women's bracelets are designed to fit loose so if you wear bracelets that are too tight it can actually draw attention exactly where you don't want it.

A quick search on Google also provided a number of online stores that specialize in larger size jewelry too.

Good luck in your search!

Peace, love, and contentment,

Isabelle

Guest Julie T

Krisina

Oh my goodness, a video. You have young hands and they will feminize really well as the muscles reduce on the HRT. Your knuckles are fine. The bracelet you have on is about right for your hands, I think, And I'd suggest even up to about 3/4" would look good. Pretty hands actually.

Julie