• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Underworks Review?

Guest Varen

Have any of you guys used "The Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt" from Underworks? I'm roughly a C and like the idea of it just looking like a shirt. Does it actually look like a regular shirt? And how well does it bind? Also, is it as long as their double front compression shirt?

Thanks in advance

Guest JulianCarsen

I compression shirt binds a bit but not much more than a sports bra. my ex gf bought one and wasnt too pleased.

[shes not ftm or else id refer to her as a guy lol]

honestly id go for the double panel vest im a d and it works almost flawlessly for me so im sure being a c it should be fine

tuck it into your boxers/briefs though... they have a tendency to roll up

good luck man

Yeah, I've got the 'cotton concealer muscle shirt.' It's very comfy, but doesn't do such a good job binding. On the outside it's cotton; on the inside, it's got the same fabric as the double panel compression shirt, but it only has one layer of it--and hence less material to hold things in. It's also cut a little bigger than the double panel comp. shirt (I have the same size--small--in each). It binds slightly more than the very worn-out sports bras that I normally use.

I have the double panel comp. shirt as well, and it gets me 100% flat. I'm also pretty small up top (never really wore 'cup-style' bras, but I'd guess a small A). Unfortunately, it also compresses my ribcage and makes it hard to breathe. For me, the cotton concealer muscle shirt is great for working out--way more comfortable, I can get a lungful of air. However, it does leave some 'bumps' up top. They're pretty well squished down (I can pass with it on & there's no 'bounce' when running) and I have been told they resemble pecs more than anything, but there's still something there and I doubt it'd work for anyone bigger than an A.

Guest JayJaye

Works well for me but I'm a B/C. I like the length; I've lost weight since starting T, but before then I liked how the long fabric made a bridge between the bottom of my chest and my gut, and I covered that with a regular close-fitting Tee shirt, then a button down.

I didn't like the way the shorter binders just sort of went under my chest and gave a similar appearance to a bra, which I personally didn't like.

Jay

I had the The Cotton Concealer Compression V-neck T-Shirt. When I first got it, I was very pleased. However, after awhile it got its annoying little habits like all binders do >_>

First off was the fact that it's long. But skin tight. So all around my sides it would scrunch up. On the site, I belive it claims that wearing this binder feels like wearing a natural T-shirt. But it definitely didn't feel like that when it got all bunched up around my middle. What I did like about it was that it's so stretchy it's hardly feels like wearing a binder. It just feels like wearing a tight, TIGHT, (but soft) shirt. Plus the bunching annoyance. I was always having to pull it down or retuck it in.

As for its binding ability...well, I'm pretty small. Like probably an A or a B. But it bound pretty well. If I pulled my shirt tight against my chest there would be telltale little boob shaped lumps. But with a loose shirt it wasn't a big deal.

After 3+ months of everyday use, the stitching around the neck started to come apart.

Now I use the Tri-top Chest Binder, also from Underwords. This is the sleeveless three quarter length binder. It ends just around my bellybutton. I like this binder more because it binds more powerfully and almost shapes my chest into a masculine shape. Like somehow it makes my boobs just look like pecs. I'm very pleased with the way it binds. However, it's kind of a rough material. Also, it's not form fitting like the Cotton Concealer. So the top neck area pokes out and makes little rumples through my shirt, if I'm wearing a thin shirt. It probably just looks like I'm wearing a bulky necklace or something...but still. Also, it pokes out on the sides in the same annoying way. If I arch my back, you can see a definite and distinct line across my stomach where it pokes out too. Also, the shoulder strap issue. I hate the shoulder strap issue. It screams "I'M WEARING A SPORTS BRA" whenever someone touches me on the shoulder. When I wore the compression T I was comfortable with people touching my shoulders because there were no straps there.

Overall, I'd give the Underworks compression shirt (the V-neck model) a solid B. It bound well, and was...well, relatively discreet. However, the bunching up around my sides is just too big to overlook. And as far as binding power goes - well, nothing even comes close to the Tri-top.

I have a question, if i got a binder that was shorter (i think underworks tritop is) like a sports bra type what issues would that cause?

I mentioned that in the post above yours :)

It doesn't bunch/roll up like the full length stretchy ones, but since the fabric is stiff it tends to poke out in the neck area and then on the bottom. It doesn't conform to my body. As for binding, it hides my boobs 100% and I couldn't be happier with that.