• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cool Link I Found

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

Don't know how accurate it is, but they took this test from a book called "Why men don't listen & Women can't read maps" :P ..anyway, the theory is that the amount of testosterone in the womb after 6-8 weeks of conception affects the degree of masculinity or femininity of your brain's "wiring". They explain all that in more depth I'm just summarizing, lol. Anyway..these were my results, I took the test 3 times and my scores generally stayed in the same range:

Total score if you are a man: 55

Total score if you are a woman: 70

I guess since I have a male gender identity I'd go by the score for a man?? Either way, it's still a very low score for a female.

Oh, I'd also like to point out that they talk about what these scores may indicate about sexual orientation...I don't know how valid this test is, but it seemed to make sense for me :)

The Brain-Wiring Test

• Root Admin

Oh dear! Don't know exactly what it says about me, but:

If you are a man: 25 (out of 180)

If you are a woman: 50 (out of 300)

*Walks off whistling, trying to be inconspicious*

Most males will score between 0-180 point and most females 150-300.

Brains which are 'wired' for mainly masculine thinking usually score below 150. The closer to 0 they are, the more masculine they are, and the higher their testosterone level is likely to be.

These people demonstrate strong logical, analytical and verbal skills and tend to be disciplined and well-organised. The closer to 0 they score, the better they are at projecting costs and planning outcomes for statistical data, with their emotions hardly influencing them at all.

Scores in the minus range are high masculine scores. These scores show that large amounts of testosterone were present in the early stages of the fostal development.

The lower the score for a woman, the more likely she will be to have lesbian tendencies. Brains that are wired for mainly feminine thinking will score higher than 180. The higher the number, the more feminine the brain is, and the more likely the person is to demonstrate significant creative artistic and musical talents. They will make more of their decisions on intution or gut feeling, and are good at recognising problems using minimal data. They are also good at solving problems using creativity and insight.

The higher is the score above 180 for a man, the greater the chance he will be gay.

Males who score below 0 and women who score above 300 have brains that are wired so oppositely that the only thing they are likely to have in common is that they live on the same planet!

The overlap

Scores between 150-180 show compatibility of thought for both sexes, or a foot in both sexaul camps.

These people do not show a bias for either male or female thinking and usually demonstrate a flexibility in thinking that can be a significant advantage to any group who are going through a problem-solving process.

They have the predisposition to make friends with both men and women.

Mine is very neutral - man = 135

woman = 180

Well as usual, I can't make my computer open the test at all. I'm not what one would call a computer wiz.

always confused,

Sally

• Root Admin

I really don't know what it means but this is the score I got.

Total score if you are a man: 145

Total score if you are a woman: 190

Guest My_Genesis
I really don't know what it means but this is the score I got.

Total score if you are a man: 145

Total score if you are a woman: 190

I think this explains it pretty well (from the website):

The overlap

Scores between 150-180 show compatibility of thought for both sexes, or a foot in both sexaul camps.

These people do not show a bias for either male or female thinking and usually demonstrate a flexibility in thinking that can be a significant advantage to any group who are going through a problem-solving process.

ok, how it works is like this. if you have low male scores, you are very masculine so to those who got like a 15, you are such a dude :P on the other hand, the higher your female score, the MORE feminine you are.

so to break it down, if you got low schores, you masculine, and if you got high scores, you feminine.

male 190

female 270

hehe, i'm such a chick, and screw the low female score lesbian crap. clearly it doesnt apply to me, i scored nearly off the charts :lol:

Guest Valentine

Total score if you are a man: 130

Total score if you are a woman: 180

There were about 6 of the questions that I didn't really agree with any of the answers given though.

Guest My_Genesis
ok, how it works is like this. if you have low male scores, you are very masculine so to those who got like a 15, you are such a dude :P on the other hand, the higher your female score, the MORE feminine you are.

so to break it down, if you got low schores, you masculine, and if you got high scores, you feminine.

male 190

female 270

hehe, i'm such a chick, and screw the low female score lesbian crap. clearly it doesnt apply to me, i scored nearly off the charts :lol:

lol yeah you scored higher than my friend, who's a straight girl..

I think the sexual orientation thing is really just a rough indication, I don't think it's as strongly correlated with the scores as is the sex of your brain, which is the main reason I took the test.

Guest My_Genesis
Total score if you are a man: 160

Total score if you are a woman: 230

So, which one does that mean I go by?

I think you should go with the one that matches your gender identity..but I really don't know.

Guest ZoeScott

I scored:

Male 230

Female 330

How much of this is BS? Shouldn't the test be influenced by environment and situations. Take the movie questions. Do you like to talk about the scenes and what was said? and Picture the scenes in your mind. This totally depends on the situation (and the movie for that matter. ex. Showgirls) If I meet up with someone and we go to the movie, we will discuss the movie in detail, particularly the slice of life, suspension of disbelief, and how it made me feel (for me the most important quality, some of the dumbest movies made me cry.) However, if I meet someone at the movie and I'm driving home by myself, I tend to picture the scenes in my mind and disect it that way, otherwise I'm just talking to myself and thats just crazy. Another thing, I prefer to sit in the middle of the theatre 7 rows or so back otherwise I can't focus on the screen. If that choice is not available to me, my natural reaction is to go to the right. But wait, is that looking at the screen or looking at the seats? See what I'm talking about? I was born a male and spent the last 30 years trying to be one, keeping the true me bottled up inside. I learned at a young age that boys were to act like boys or suffer the consequenses. It was the 70 and 80's the environment in a morally conservative household and community reinforced this dogma. I liked to wear my sisters underwear, it wasn't anything sexual (ok, sometimes it was.) but I just felt more comfortable in them. Upon capture, I was hauled before the evil psychologist, who reinforced my parents thought that there was something wrong with me and that I would get in trouble and probably end up in jail if I didn't stop this behavior. How he came to this conclusion I don't know considering the fact that I said absolutely nothing during our interagation. He didn't even get me to say my name. All I learned was that one, never get caught;and two the only way to keep a secret is to never tell anyone. Anyway, this experience led me to become more masculine in how I acted, particularly in a leadership role. I would think and act a totally different way now if I were allowed to be myself then. The fact is: environment totally controls how we act and percieve ourselves. Environment and time allows us to convert youth into experience and experience into wisdom. I would not have answered the questions the same way 10 years ago, yet, I have always thought I was born in the wrong body. Another thing, what does these questions have to do with sexual orientation. All the information I have read in my research says the same thing. There is no correlation between sexual identity and sexual orientation. Are they saying that a gay man can't be analytical and read fiction, or that a lesbian is good at math and prefers to read non-fiction. One of my best friends is a mathematical genius, he missed one question on the math portion of the SAT. He got his PHD before most of our class got their bachelors. He met and married a wonderful woman while she was getting her masters in math. Does that mean he married a lesbian? One of my most influential professors was my calculus teacher. She is as blond and bubbly as it comes. Most people do math, numbers speak to her. I have always thought of myself as a woman trapped in a mans body, but I am attracted to women. Does that make me a heterosexual male or a homosexual woman. There was one point when I was most confused about my sexual identity that I question my sexuality, I had an experimental session with an attractive male. I knew immediately that I was not in the right place, afterword, I threw-up. Nope, I am attracted to women.

Guest RainBird
why?..that makes you very feminine

I always knew I was feminine but wow! That score is a pleasant surprise! :D

I wish I looked a feminine as I felt..

Guest Chrissie

Total score if you are a man: 135

Total score if you are a woman: 170

Most males will score between 0-180 point and most females 150-300.

Brains which are 'wired' for mainly masculine thinking usually score below 150. The closer to 0 they are, the more masculine they are, and the higher their testosterone level is likely to be.

These people demonstrate strong logical, analytical and verbal skills and tend to be disciplined and well-organised. The closer to 0 they score, the better they are at projecting costs and planning outcomes for statistical data, with their emotions hardly influencing them at all.

Scores in the minus range are high masculine scores. These scores show that large amounts of testosterone were present in the early stages of the fostal development.

The lower the score for a woman, the more likely she will be to have lesbian tendencies. Brains that are wired for mainly feminine thinking will score higher than 180. The higher the number, the more feminine the brain is, and the more likely the person is to demonstrate significant creative artistic and musical talents. They will make more of their decisions on intution or gut feeling, and are good at recognising problems using minimal data. They are also good at solving problems using creativity and insight.

The higher is the score above 180 for a man, the greater the chance he will be gay.

Males who score below 0 and women who score above 300 have brains that are wired so oppositely that the only thing they are likely to have in common is that they live on the same planet!

The overlap

Guest My_Genesis
Total score if you are a man: 10

Total score if you are a woman: 40

hmm, probably not that accurate..but alright for a laugh

I think there is some correlation, although it's a very complex issue that tests like this cannot definitively determine; a lot of FTM's here so far have gotten very low scores, and many MTF's have gotten very high scores, so there seems to be some kind of pattern, although it may not be completely accurate. I think it is mainly looking at the differences between the male and female brains, but there are also a lot of variations in this as well, so it is not always true to say "men have better logical skills, and women are more artistic". It is really just a guideline based on overall generalizations of the female vs. the male brain. My friend is a straight female and there are some mtf's here that have higher scores than she does, which proves that tests like this are really more of a guideline based on overall generalizations rather than testing for individual traits.

Guest theEND
I think there is some correlation, although it's a very complex issue that tests like this cannot definitively determine; a lot of FTM's here so far have gotten very low scores, and many MTF's have gotten very high scores, so there seems to be some kind of pattern, although it may not be completely accurate. I think it is mainly looking at the differences between the male and female brains, but there are also a lot of variations in this as well, so it is not always true to say "men have better logical skills, and women are more artistic". It is really just a guideline based on overall generalizations of the female vs. the male brain. My friend is a straight female and there are some mtf's here that have higher scores than she does, which proves that tests like this are really more of a guideline based on overall generalizations rather than testing for individual traits.

Oh well yeah, I agree there is some correlation. I didn't mean to insinuate that there wasn't, just that it isn't perfect. There is a general trend though.