• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It's gonna be a long month

~Nova~

Lucy and I went to the movies last night but the movie ended before the night so we decided to hit the local hang out. We got lucky and found a spot close, but not close enough. Ugh, some men can be such pigs.

We made it through the throngs of people hanging around in front of the club. We get to the front door and the guy checking IDs looks us up and down. Lucy is an extremely beautiful woman and is used to guys ogling her, I'm not. The idiot wanted our ID. We clearly are old enough, but I wasn't going to argue.

Lucy hands the idiot her ID, he scrutinizes it and hands it back. He didn't completely reach out, making her reach in toward him. Ugh! My turn. My picture matches. My gender marker matches. My name, not so much. He looked at the ID, looked at me and gave me the knowing smirk. I wanted to puke. I might have actually thrown up a little in my mouth.

He gave me back my ID. No problem stretching out for me. Ugh!

The rest of the night was really nice. We sat at a table overlooking the water. Lucy handled all the "come uppers" as she calls them. I sat, drank and talked. We sat talking so long that when I looked at my watch it was after 1. I can't remember the last time I was out that late.

In a month my name will match and idiot man won't have anything to smirk at. It's gonna be a LONG month

A truly magical, happy night. Just two girls out on the town.

Love you all

Autumn

• Admin

Love you all

Autumn

Autumn, you just have to ignore all the jerks and jocks, and just enjoy being yourself out in the world. Being a woman has so many little joys attached to it. I've found discovering those joys a lovely hobby. I can see that you will, too. Even ordering girly drinks in a bar is fun.

"Waiter, I'll have another appletini, thank you!" :D

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Autumn I am so happy you had that night out on the town!

If it hadn't been for that id that guy would have had you reach too I'm sure. But that isn't really one of the perks Carolyn was talking about. More like one of those things you learn to shake your head about and then forget. That kind of guy isn't worth getting aggravated about.

The month may seem like a long time but not in comparison to how long it took you to get here.

And just look at where here is!

Hugs

Johnny

Love you all

Autumn

Autumn, you just have to ignore all the jerks and jocks, and just enjoy being yourself out in the world. Being a woman has so many little joys attached to it. I've found discovering those joys a lovely hobby. I can see that you will, too. Even ordering girly drinks in a bar is fun.

"Waiter, I'll have another appletini, thank you!" :D

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Oh snap, I coulda had an appletini? :). I just ordered a beer and a glass of water. I'm super lucky I get to learn from the best, Lucy. Her beauty is a magnet for men and they come in droves. It's actually fun being on this side. The awkwardness, the opening lines. I gotta admit, some of those guys were cute, OMG, cute. Lucy swats them away like flies, a true pro.

We really did ave a great night. The movie, fun... The first time I went to a movie as Autumn I was nervous the entire time. This time I sat back and enjoyed the movie.

Lucy calls us the girls in Fried Green Tomatoes. She's Ichy and I'm Ruth. Too funny.

Autumn I am so happy you had that night out on the town!

If it hadn't been for that id that guy would have had you reach too I'm sure. But that isn't really one of the perks Carolyn was talking about. More like one of those things you learn to shake your head about and then forget. That kind of guy isn't worth getting aggravated about.

The month may seem like a long time but not in comparison to how long it took you to get here.

And just look at where here is!

Hugs

Johnny

I may have put to much emphasis on the ID guy. Sure he was being flirtatious, and maybe even a little to friendly, but that's his job. I was truly flattered that he thought I was good looking enough to flirt with. His change in demeanor when he say the ID irked me. Although I was probably wrong. I was the one that wasn't being "true", or at least not true to him.

The best part is, the more I'm me, the easier it gets. The easier it gets, the more I enjoy life

Love you all

Autumn