• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

SRS completed!

Guest Hayley

Well I got out of surgery about 1:00PM PST and i'm now enjoying solid food!! Dr Bowers told my wife that everything went better than expected and Thank G-d so has my recovery thus far!!!

Guest kylie666

not to pry into your life to much but how does your wife handle you having SRS?

Are you two going to stay together or split ways on a good note etc :dunno:

Ps.. you don't need to answer me, just trying to understand how that would work and maybe give us all hope :thumbsup:

Guest Lacey Lynne

Rock ON, Hayley Girl!

Dr. Marci Bowers, huh? One of the very best! About Thanksgiving or Christmas, you should be rather well-healed and up and around and loving your life. Wow! It just doesn't get any better than that!

Like everybody here says, listen to Dr. Bowers, rest and relax.

Peace :friends: Lacey

Thanks everyone! I appear to have very little pain, thank G-d!! I enjoyed solid food for dinner and Dr. Bowers told my wife that everything went better than expected. @kylie, Lina and I will be staying together forever!! She is ok with it and in fact was wanting it to happen sooner rather than later so she can get intimate with me as one sex and not both! She and my 7 year old son got me a few gifts and a "New Baby Girl" baloon as well as a funny card. My wife has mostly come to terms with my transition and whatever pain she feels over the transition will not deter her from staying with me. We are for each other forever, and I'm incredibly lucky and fortunate to have her. I have been sleeping on and off since the surgery but have periods where i'm very much awake. I'm off the morphine already and just on percacets (sp?). I thankfully had no nausea and so they were able to feed me regular food. The nurses are very nice and friendly, unlike NYC.My pain right now is like 2 on the 0-10 scale so i feel great considering.

Guest Krisina

Good to hear you are doing so well, you are supported by a wife who is accepting/coming to terms with the transition.

Yes you are lucky to have her.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear your not in too much pain, keep us posted :)

Krisina

Guest Little_cherry

congrats! :)

I will have the surgery by dr. marci bowers aswell.

I have a little bit of a weird feeling, because I dont live in USA and Im feeling a bit a alone :S you have to ask for everything, make 3000 calls to everywhere, asking for payments, get wrong information or not the information you need. I thought it's better organizated. right now, I just feel like they want the money and don't care about other stuff

Guest Little_cherry

in fact I will only stay about 2 nights at the hospital after the surgery and leave ;S is that normal?

I thought I will be at least 1 week in the hospital but not only 2 days..

Guest Lacey Lynne

Hayley:

Wow!

Dr. Bowers, apparently, is a genius, but we knew that anyway, didn't we? Yes, we did! Good for you!

Your significant other, like Megan Rose's significant other, is THE BOMB! Oh, to find somebody like her. You are blessed, girl, as you well know. Good for you!

By the way, it's spelled "Percocet" actually, but, hey, who cares! Mickey Mouse stuff, right? That you're happily through your SRS is The Big News ... Rock On!

If I ever have SRS/GRS, and amazingly I'm slithering toward it with trepidation, Dr. Marci Bowers will more than likely be the surgeon of choice. Toby Meltzer will probably retire by then anyway.

Hayley Girl, you rock!

Peace & Happiness :friends: Lacey Lynne

it's 1:30 PM here and i've had my non-kosher kosher meal for lunch. Ive tried explaining to the nurses what kosher food was supposed to be but they werent getting me. I finally spoke to the Clinical Nutrition Manager for the hospital who turned out to be Jewish and found what I needed!! So for dinner i'll finally have kosher kosher food of Salisbury steak and sides of other good food!!! Finally!

I had to take another percocet because I was feeling things a bit too much down there!! I think i'm more nervous about seeing the results than of having the surgery!! Looking down there, it looks pretty bizarre!!! I'm hoping the finished product looks normal!! Thanks to all the responses!!! Lina my wife and David my son are sitting on the other bed in the room and playing UNO! Not much to do here, lol.

Guest kylie666

That's just way cool you have so many people who care about you and is 100% ok with whats happening. Makes me wounder if i ever did this would i be all alone or would there be people by my side. :huh:

Oh Hayley this is wonderful.

I am so happy for you and for Lina. Sounds like you came through just fine and it is fantastic to only be at a 2 on the pain scale after surgery like that.

Mia

Guest Krisina

in fact I will only stay about 2 nights at the hospital after the surgery and leave ;S is that normal?

Hi Little_cherry.

I didn't see any other reply to your post so here it goes.

I am not sure if you asked this question in another post as I have just read it. When you say you are only going to be in the hospital for 2 days are you talking about GRS. I just wanted to make sure that is what it is. If so, two days is too short, or at least I think it is too short, one week or two would be normal. Not having it done myself but 2 days, no!

I hope you will get some other responses soon too.

Krisina

Little Cherry, I dont believe Dr Bowers will even allow you to stay for shorter. It's not healthy and I would even go far as to say down right dangerous. Stay the extra time!! The hospital time is included in the fees charged and Dr Bowers will not do the surgery unless all fees have been accounted for. If you paid the fees then theres no reason not to stay the full three and half days required. After you get out of the hospital its a few days before the packing is removed from the vagina so youre not going anywhere until thats done either.

Guest NatalieRene

Hayley,

I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you. It sounds like you're coming right along in your recovery. On top of that you still have your wife's support which is amazing! Not many girls are as lucky as you. Congratulations! :)

No two days in the hospital is not normal, stays in the hospital vary depending on the surgeon, i was in the hospital 5 days then released, i had to stay the next week at a bread and breakfast that was close to Dr. Mcginn's office as i had 2 follow up visits scheduled at her office the following week, Tuesday the packing and catheter were removed, i was given the grand tour and shown how to dilate, Thursday was to see how i was doing dilating and rechecking everything, then a surprise appointment Saturday before i left where she removed dead excess skin she saw, since you are from another country if i were you i would stay here as long as you can to get more healing time, you do not need to go home and have a complication and having your surgeon many thousands of miles away and maybe no doctor in your country that has enough experience with this type of surgery that can help, sitting is going to be difficult the first few week, my second week i pretty much stayed in bed except to go to the bathroom and doctor appointments, that was Dr. Mcginns orders for all her patients, but i would have probably done it anyway.

I would contact Dr. Bowers office and ask these questions, i believe most surgeons send an information packet after you schedule and pay a deposit and these types of questions are usually discussed, her web site tells you everything you need to know.

http://marcibowers.com/grs/gender.html

Paula

Guest Leah1026
it's 1:30 PM here and i've had my non-kosher kosher meal for lunch. Ive tried explaining to the nurses what kosher food was supposed to be but they werent getting me. I finally spoke to the Clinical Nutrition Manager for the hospital who turned out to be Jewish and found what I needed!! So for dinner i'll finally have kosher kosher food of Salisbury steak and sides of other good food!!! Finally!

Good thing Dr Bowers is in California now, that's all I can say. I doubt you would have gotten any help if she was still in Trinidad.

Don't worry about appearance right now. It will take weeks for all the swelling to go down to near normal.

Congratulations from another Bowers alum.