• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pardon me if I GUSH with excitement! My first Gender Therapy appointment was AMMMAAAAZZZzzziiinnggg!

Guest Svenna

OK, so nobody try to bring me down, all right? CUZ I'm fling a mile high right now!!!

My Therapist is a wonderful, caring, beautiful soul with the good sense to know a woman when she is talking to one...

First off, I arrive in all female clothing (except my all-black boy size 13 bot sneakers) after gathering the courage to go out on public dressed en femme for the very first time. No weird looks from anybody, even though I am WAY over 6 feet tall and sporting some facial hair....how cool is that? WAAAAAYYYY Cool, heheheheeeeeee......

OK, so we talk and talk and talk and even run overtime without being charged for it (1.5 hours instead if .75), after she already agrees to only charge me half-price!!!!

We cover all the abuse issues, family and personal and business history etc and this lady is 'spot on' with her take on my life up to this point...

I feel sooo comfortable talking with her, in fact, this is the first time I have EVER discussed my Gender Dysphoria with anybody in person. WOW, what a relief to be seen as myself IN PERSON!!!!!! I have NEVER been free to be ME like this before and it was exhilarating and joyous beyond measure....

We discussed my SO and her Borderline Personalty Disorder and how I might best work toward resolving the relationship at length. I am so excited, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and I'm pretty sure it ain't a train coming right at me....

I told her about EVERYTHING and was tremendously astute. She is genuinely happy to see me begin to transition? Did I mention how happy she was to help me become a female-bodied soul yet???????

WOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

I am finally going to be FREEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I see her again next week and she expects to be able to refer me to an endo to begin HRT immediately afterwards....

She says it is obvious that I have done a TON of work already preparing for this transition and she is HAPPY to be able to witness my rebirth into the woman I am meant to be....and she says 'let's get on with it!'

WOW!!!!! I am flabbergasted by how well it went...

I could be feeling my T dropping and E climbing before the end of THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I always wanted to 'squee', now I have a reason!!)

Pardon me as I celebrate in wild abandon, but dangit, I have waited 50, count'em, 50 years to hear these words...

Miracles DO happen. I am sooooooo BLESSED to be here, now, on the brink of my NEW LIFE!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to EVERYONE here that has helped me prepare for this monumental meeting today. You folks are the best...I mean that, you all deserve my greatest respect and admiration...

The fog is lifting and the sun is rising on a brand new day!!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!! Svenna

• Forum Moderator

Svenna-there are no words to express adequately how happy I am for you. It is a wonderful thing to witness.

Thank you for sharing this we us.

That is the one thing that makes me shake my head and grin every day now-Miracles really do happen! And they can happen to us-not just to other people.

It's fabulous.

Hugs

Johnny

Svenna-there are no words to express adequately how happy I am for you. It is a wonderful thing to witness.

Thank you for sharing this we us.

That is the one thing that makes me shake my head and grin every day now-Miracles really do happen! And they can happen to us-not just to other people.

It's fabulous.

Hugs

Johnny

Somebody pinch me, Johnny!!! This is really real, I am not crazy, I am a woman in an unfortunate situation, but help is on the way...

I have prayed, and struggled, and cried, and cried and cried for decades, believing such a day would never come, then suddenly, that day is upon me and lo, I am seen for what I have always known myself to be. I am not dreaming this, I am not deluded, I am not a nutjob or a freak...I am a woman and now somebody with the POWER to affect change SEES ME and wants to help me, NOW!!!!

I am beside myself with joy and relief.......I can't stop crying tears of joy....

Svenna

So what's the big deal? Your getting some therapy? So?

Ok, now that I've been a complete jerk, Wooooohoooooo! squeeeeeee! :-) :-) :-)

I'm so happy for you. I remember that day so very well. That feeling of what, it's real? I wasn't imagining it? Congrats and welcome ton the train. So many firsts are awaiting you. So many is that how's? So many, dare in say bad times too? Yes, all of it. Highs, like today and some lows, but in the grand scheme, it's a get out of jail card.

I have my HRT letter. A picture of my first script, my gender marker change letter tucked away in my diary. Some days I go back and look at them, just to remember.

Welcome, welcome home.

Autumn

So what's the big deal? Your getting some therapy? So?

GGGGrrrrrrrrrr......

Ok, now that I've been a complete jerk, Wooooohoooooo! squeeeeeee! :-) :-) :-)

Oh, sooooo funny! ;)

I'm so happy for you. I remember that day so very well. That feeling of what, it's real? I wasn't imagining it? Congrats and welcome ton the train. So many firsts are awaiting you. So many is that how's? So many, dare in say bad times too? Yes, all of it. Highs, like today and some lows, but in the grand scheme, it's a get out of jail card.

YES, finally free of this prison and all of the pretending stuff, too. The end of living a LIE!!!!! Let ME OUTTTTT!!!!!!!!! hahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I have my HRT letter. A picture of my first script, my gender marker change letter tucked away in my diary. Some days I go back and look at them, just to remember.

Welcome, welcome home.

Thank you, it has been soooooooooooooo long in coming...sooo long, indeedy!!!

Autumn

YAY FOR SVENNA!!!!!!!!! If I do say so myself!!

Whatever the future holds, I doubt that it can even come close to the bad stuff that has already happened to me. I'm not naive, I am very well-informed, and did I mention, almost FREEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always enjoy seeing peoples first awakening and therapy visit....

I don't think I'll ever enjoy reading about somebody else's first visit as much as I am enjoying writing about this one. I finally feel 'normal' but with a manageable condition......

For just this once, I am going to forget about everybody else and their troubles, today it is ALL ABOUT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

It's like a light bulb going on.....

Not just MY lightbulb going on, but a light bulb big enough to SHINE ON INTO THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

I have reached the point of external validation and it is even BETTER than self-recognition, it is VALIDATION from those that can really HELP me change into a new CREATION!!! yes, yes, yes, yes,.........I'm gonna get rid of testosterone, I'm gonna get my own estrogen, I'm finally gonna have, at a minimum, chemistry that matches my soul! yeayyyyyy!!!!!!

Huggs

Dee Jay

Thanks, Dee Jay!!!!!!!!!

I think you hit it on the spot. Yay for Svenna! :)

I'm very happy for you that is really really really good news to hear after so many years.

Krisina

YAY for Krisina for saying yay to my YYYYaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

This is the end of my 'hypothetical womanhood' and the beginning of living as I always ought to have been living....the beginning of my 'actual womanhood'....

In all seriousness, this is the biggest day of my life. I am going to celebrate it as such...

At least until my SO gets home, that is!!!

If she can't deal with it, oh well, nothing will stop me now...

I'll be in a safe new place to live before the HRT begins to show...

I am so elated!!!!

Svenna is a lady, Svenna is girl, Svenna is elated to be living in a new world!!!!

Goodbye, life of broken dreams!!!!

Guest John Chiv

Svenna,

I am grinning because those "firsts" are precious. Having a great therapist is just a blessing. Give yourself credit because you made this happen. Without you taking that first step, all this would not have happened.

Can I give you a big hug?

John

Svenna,

I am grinning because those "firsts" are precious. Having a great therapist is just a blessing. Give yourself credit because you made this happen. Without you taking that first step, all this would not have happened.

Can I give you a big hug?

John

You most certainly may, but I must warn you, I'll be hugggggingggg you right back!!!

I feeeellll FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Your working with Ted Nugent?

Mee-owww??

OUCH!!!!

C'mon, Autumn, that's two shots in one thread!!

An' I prefaced the post with "OK, so nobody try to bring me down, all right'....

I'm tellin' ya, I'm a sensitive girl, an' being likened to Ol' Ted doesn't really help much...I can't help it if I'm ugly at the moment. I'm hoping that will change with HRT and lots and lots of other work...

Svenna

This warms my heart to see you so happy. Your courage paid off. You are now so close to your rebirth you can smell it. I'm sure your birth as a woman will be etched in your memory for the rest of your life.

As Carolyn would say, the womanhood express is nearing the station to take you away. You now can hear it approaching.

{{{{{EXTRA HUGS}}}}}

Jenny

Done....

Svenna, you are gonna be beautiful. You have the look that will work wonders.

I'm sorry if I brought you off you high, my comments were meant light hearted and certainly werent meant to be hurtful. Please accept my sincere apology.

Autumn

Guest Lacey Lynne

THE NUGE !!!

Great White Buffalo ... live ... 1977 ... over-the-top amazing!

Uhhh, Svenna, you were saying something about leaving us here at Laura's Playground? Okay. We'll believe you if you want us to, but guess what?

Methinks you'll be rather the permanent habitue of these transsexual climes.

A pox upon me for a lout, be leave it to Lacey to be so uncouth as to ask:

Perchance, is your gender therapist ... in Pinellas Park, Florida ... in the annex of a LGBT church ... about age 60 ... cool ... brilliant ... hip, etcetera, etcetera etcetera?

If so, T-girl Susan Stanton knows her VERY well ..., and so do I.

Otherwise, ignore me.

Oh, yeah, about today ...

Rock On, Baby !!!

Ha! If you're THIS high now, like, we cannot WAIT to see you way into HRT! Honey Girl, you ain't gonna BELIEVE that it's street-legal (done our way), but it IS!

Heck, we can just hear The Rolling Stones playing "It's Only Rock and Roll" with Keef Riffhard hanging that nasty riff and Mick Jagger singing:

"It's only HRT, but I like it, LIKE IT, yes I do!!!"

Svenna, they're singing your song! You just wait!

Peace Out & Rock On :friends::thumbsup::friends: Lacey Lynne

Postscript:

That Svenna! Like, she's even more flamboyant and effusive than me! Jeesh! She's bigtime! Gotta love her! We do!

Hey Svenna!

Can I bounce and dance and Squeeee and laugh and cry with you? Isn't it just absolutely beyond spectacular?

I am right there next to you and yeah, well, the dolphins are starting to complain about me! :lol:

<3

Elena

Done....

Svenna, you are gonna be beautiful. You have the look that will work wonders.

I'm sorry if I brought you off you high, my comments were meant light hearted and certainly werent meant to be hurtful. Please accept my sincere apology.

Autumn

I'm sorry I am so fragile and easily hurt. I say I'm a woman, but the truth is I'm a 12 year old girl trapped in this grisly old frame...

I HATE the way I look. I absolutely HATE it...

That's not your fault, nor mine, just the way it is...for now...

Your apology is, of course, accepted, but only with one caveat, that being, that you forgive me if my distress has put stress on you...I too am sorry..

Love and all that kind of stuff, Svenna

THE NUGE !!!

Great White Buffalo ... live ... 1977 ... over-the-top amazing!

Yep, I was witness to the Double Live Gonzo extravaganza, too. If I say we hail from very much the same area I'd only be perpetuating the image I wish to forget, so let's just say for the record, there was more than one Motor City Madman on the loose back in the day...

Uhhh, Svenna, you were saying something about leaving us here at Laura's Playground? Okay. We'll believe you if you want us to, but guess what?

Methinks you'll be rather the permanent habitue of these transsexual climes.

Only time will tell, Lacey dearest, only time will tell...

A pox upon me for a lout, be leave it to Lacey to be so uncouth as to ask:

Perchance, is your gender therapist ... in Pinellas Park, Florida ... in the annex of a LGBT church ... about age 60 ... cool ... brilliant ... hip, etcetera, etcetera etcetera?

If so, T-girl Susan Stanton knows her VERY well ..., and so do I.

Otherwise, ignore me.

Nope, different 60-ish, cool, brilliant hipster. Fortunately there is more than one floating 'round my peninsular orbit. This was an 'ask and you shall receive" moment, and I'll not soon forget the importance of just asking the universe for what I need....

Oh, yeah, about today ...

Rock On, Baby !!!

Ha! If you're THIS high now, like, we cannot WAIT to see you way into HRT! Honey Girl, you ain't gonna BELIEVE that it's street-legal (done our way), but it IS!

Bring it on, Dr. Endo, bring it on!! I'd pop one in a heartbeat if I had it to pop! I am CRAVING the stuff already!!

Heck, we can just hear The Rolling Stones playing "It's Only Rock and Roll" with Keef Riffhard hanging that nasty riff and Mick Jagger singing:

"It's only HRT, but I like it, LIKE IT, yes I do!!!"

Svenna, they're singing your song! You just wait!

Peace Out & Rock On :friends::thumbsup::friends: Lacey Lynne

Postscript:

That Svenna! Like, she's even more flamboyant and effusive than me! Jeesh! She's bigtime! Gotta love her! We do!

You ain't seen nothin' yet! Someday I'll be well again and the good times will really roll....stay tuned!

Thank you for your kind words and support, Lacey!

Love, Svenna

This is great Svenna,

I think you have made our night. Ah heck you have made my month!!!!!

Way to go.

I know how you feel about the 12 year old in an old body. There are a lot of us who have felt that way. But don't fret and think your going to miss those growing times because you were cheated out of them. They are going to catch up and it will be like riding a tornado.

Your expression of your first meeting with your G.T. really brought me to happy tears. I felt much the same way afterwards.

Remember dear we are here to support and help.

Love ya

Mia