• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

*UPDATE* My first week of college and second gender therapy appointment

Guest Groove_Ghost

Guest Groove_Ghost

Okaayyyy for all those wondering what has been going on in the world of Jessica after I posted about being placed in the girls class let me enlighten you all :D

It has been one of the most emotional and intense weeks I have had for a very, very long time!!

On my first day back at college I went dressed in a very nice womens suit with my nails painted a stunning purple and with a fair few pieces of jewellary about me and no one really said much of anything when I arrived in to class, I took a seat at the nearest table and starting chatting away. It was all going fairly well apart from all of the "team building" excercises we had to, such as trying to make something out of household items that would stop it breaking when we had to throw it out of a 4 story window! I must admit I was rather shocked when told we were going to spend over an hour doing that :P

I did get a few people asking me about why I was there and why did I look the way I did, I just told them outright, I am Transgender, most of them went "oh okay, just wondered" or asked me which way was I transitioning! Which kinda me a little happy, since a few thought I was a FTM who hadn't started HRT yet rather than a MTF who hadn't started HRT yet :)

Though sadly I had chose to sit on the wrong table as it became apparent the people I were sat with did not want to work and kept on and on complaining about how the work will stop them getting drunk and they want to go back to bed when it is 10:00am! And they formed a little group of themselves and excluded me, even making plans to go out and leave me, as well as laughing amongst themselves when I worked and completed the tasks given me. So despite being accepted for being trans they still thought I wasn't cool because I was there to work!

The next day I got talking to a few people and sat with them, they asked me why was I there and dressed that way and I told them, they were nicey about it but did ask me a few awkward questions which I didn't like, thankfully afterwards they left it and we got on with our work and conversation thankfully has stayed away from anything uncomfortable and they just accept me nicely now. Also around the college I feel free to walk around and no one gives me any trouble, not even a second glance for how I am dressed :D really is a nice place.

Sadly the girl I have become quite close friends with is in the next classroom and she has been treated worse than me! The entire class has excluded her and she spends every second she can with me practically clinging to me saying how much she hates it! But I have spoken to my tutor and she says she will try and get her moved, she was the best, no awkward questions just acceptance.

My second gender therapy appointment was a few days ago so I left class early to go for it and it was fantastic! My therapist even said he knew about Laura's :) It was pretty intense, we talked about so much personal stuff, things I haven't thought about for years, by the end of it I was in tears and walking out my legs were shaking through sheer emotion. But it did feel good and I thanked him, in the long run it was a weight of my mind to finally have someone I can say those things to and just leave, no reprocutions on my life at all :D and he was really nice, very friendly and easy to talk to. He also said it should not be long before I can start HRT. He also got quite emotional himself when I told him about my life, he said he as spoke to hundreds of trans people but I am so young and with everything I have gone through he is amazed I am here now and in such good health and bright spirits :)

So yeah, sorry for long post and if it reads rather convultedly I am sorry, it has been such a long week and I have to get up when its still dark outside to go to college, but I wanted to tell everyone about how things are going, and they are going quite well so far *knocks on wood* :P

Hi Jessica,

I enjoyed your post. The only problem is it's not long enough.

I am glad you haven't run into any trouble. Hearing about the trouble your friend is having makes one realize how changing one variable can make that much of a difference.

You must feel elated and relieved to have such an understanding therapist. I'm exited with you on hearing you are going to start HRT soon.

May your next week be as gratifying as this week.

{{{Hugs}}}

Jenny

Though sadly I had chose to sit on the wrong table as it became apparent the people I were sat with did not want to work and kept on and on complaining about how the work will stop them getting drunk and they want to go back to bed when it is 10:00am!

:Crylol: Wow Nothing new about this in 40 years. This was a problem when I was in college but you quickly learn who is there to learn and who will flunk out by the end of the first quarter.

I have been wondering about how you were doing in school and I'm so happy it is going good for you. You have a good adviser to help you get your friend in the same class with you. I think that will actually help you both. Don't fret a long post you gave us the information we were waiting to hear.

I am also happy for you for you second session with your G.T. It is just amazing how when we have someone we can be completely open with who can assure us that we are really who we feel we are. This lifts so much of a weight from us.

Please keep us informed on how things are going and remember that you can P.M. any of us at anytime.

Mia

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 213 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • SamC
    • Betty K
    • AllieJ
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Thea
    • AmandaJoy
    • ClaireBloom
    • missyjo