• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Woo!

Guest musicalice

WONDERFUL news! :D where to begin...

Most important thing - my best friend of eight years or so now knows, and is totally cool with it. Even called me by my female name! I was so worried - he often jokes about things that are a little close to the knuckle, but says he's going to take care from now on. Just this morning I rang him up to ask him to come round:

Him: "Well I could come now, but I'd be naked."

Me: "OK that wouldn't be great..."

Him: "Good, I'm glad you're still not gay..."

convo continues...

But he's fine with it - he laughed his head off when I reminded him. And he said he'd wondered why I just wanted him to come round (not his girlfriend too), and afterwards had thought, that was such a stupid thing to say.

So... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Other stuff? Well, I had a make-up lesson at a MAC store on Wednesday! (If you're scared of this, here's the start of the conversation I had with them over the phone:

Store: Hello, MAC store.

Me (male voice): Hi! OK, I'm a little nervous about this, but... do you give make-up help to transsexual women?

Store: Of course we do! What did you have in mind?

They've seen it all before, apparently...)

So that was great fun too :) I even managed to get the confidence to take the bus home without taking it all off!

And the last thing... I've been seeing my therapist for about three and a half months now. Yes, that rings a bell, doesn't it? :) So last Thursday, I went to see a colleague of hers who deals with that kind of thing. He asked me a lot of questions, basically my life story again. I told him everything as truthfully as I could (part of the most important thing for me is knowing who I am; I couldn't have lived with it if I'd not told him some of the things I was worried about). And at the end, he gave me a consent form for HRT to sign, an information sheet... said he'd send a letter home detailing the blood work I need doing... so, once that's done, and storage of you-know-what sorted out... I can start HRT!!

Whew...

I keep thinking my luck's got to run out at some point... Well, my natural pessimism has me prepared, so hopefully I can run with this in the meantime :) Every bit that does go well gives me strength for the things that don't.

Something happy to read from me, anyways :) Going to go and breathe for a bit.

I am so happy to see that things are going in the right direction for you.

Making progress is very good and do go do a little breathing - it is highly underrated as one of life's simple pleasures - some people think that it is just necessary.

Love ya,

Sally

That is great. It is wonderful to have supportive friends that are comfortable enough to joke about it with.

Also great news about the HRT. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress.

Mia

I like this post a lot for a lot of reasons, but mainly because you're so happy. It took some courage to go to the MAC store, but you dd it! I haven't tried that yet, maybe I'll follow your lead and call them ahead of time.

I know you are excited about HRT.

Hugs,

Shari

Thanks all :) I am excited about HRT, but still a little nervous - there's still a few hoops to jump through, and at the end of the day I still have my doubts. But coming out to my friends and close family is really helping - I was umming and ahhing on whether to tell them or not, but eventually realised that the gender dilemma has become almost as much a part of me as my gender itself. So it became important enough to just tell, and funnily enough I seem to be becoming more sure the more I tell people - perhaps it's just me getting comfortable with it. I want HRT, but calming my mind chaos is most important to me at the moment, so that's the main reason why I'm HAPPY! :)

Shari, definitely at least call them, they may even give you tips over the phone :) they'll almost certainly have had some sort of trans person come in before, I think. The store near me says they get at least one person almost every week. And they were really nice!

Gabbling again. Hehe :P