• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

*UPDATE* (sorry :p) my education has taken another turn, in a frightening and exciting way :D

Guest Groove_Ghost

Guest Groove_Ghost

Wellllllllll sorry for yet another post about my education, but this is frightening, exciting and making me kinda nervous and giddy!

College rang me up saying the course I had been moved was too low a level for me and I was over qaulified eeks. So they offered me a one year access to Uni course, basically I do all my A-Levels in one year, at once and the course is catered to what I want to be; a Psychotherapist, so lots and lots of social sciences and thingies :) the thing is this course is kinda shrouded in mystery *makes spooky noises* because it is so extreme that few people are smart enough, or stupid enough LOL, to attempt it. No joke. You go in to an interview and ask about it and they turn off the lights, light a candle and put on a black hooded cloak before mentioning its name :P True Story.

But I guess they wouldn't have offered it me unless they thought I was capable, and I requested a support worker and told them I had trans and they said they will accomadate that :)

The main thing is that I have never really been challenged before in education, I am the kinda person that can get good grades without much work, so for the first time I will be properly challenged, while I love the idea I am starting three weeks late and already have an assignment to catch up on :( and the tutor said this course shows you just what you are capable off. Love how they made me feel confident and didn't sugar court thingies :P

So yeah, my life has taken a few turns lately and been rather exciting! I believe in fate and hope all these twists and turns are mean't to be as they say :D

Guest Groove_Ghost

Thankies kindly to all of you :) I am nervous but can get through it otherwise they wouldn't let me start late! Just gonna keep my head down, be awesome and get the work done!

Oh and yes; candles, black hooded robes, the whole lot :P seriously when you say "access to HE" thunder claps and you can hear creepy violin music playing :D your not allowed to say it at my college, too many people were saying it and it caused a storm and knocked out the power for a week, eeks.

Oh Mylanta! Anyway, that is just awesome and really nice to see a sense of humor - what a difference it can make when through all of this to be able to slip in some humor!

• Admin

Sometimes the most satisfying work is the stuff that challenges you and makes you think, and requires some real work you think you can do, but are just a tiny bit unsure of. Realizing you have just done something beyond your known limits is a more fantastic high than any thing else can give you.