• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Discussion Series on LGBT and the Catholic Church

Carolyn Marie

Guest KimberlyF

Cause this is not what Jesus would do?

The story of one panelist's grass-roots ministry demonstrates how difficult it may be to get the current Catholic leaders to listen. Faced with a growing number of homeless LGBT youth in her community, this woman and her husband began taking these young people into their home. They coordinated with social workers from local LGBT services agencies; they raised money and collected clothes from their church group and their wider circle of friends; when possible, they held reconciliation meetings with the young people's parents; when not, they helped these kids to find a job -- away from hustling, off the street, onto a path of independent life. The message they received from the lieutenant of their local bishop? "Help these kids in any way that you like. Just make sure you never describe it as a ministry of the Catholic Church."
  • Admin

Where the fundamentalist Protestant churches become entrapped in a badly translated set of ancient writings that related to cultural issues OF THE TIME they were written, the Roman Catholic church has become entrapped in its traditions of patrial authority.

Scholarship in the field of Textual Criticism by both Christian and Jewish scholars has now come to the general conclusion that the scriptures quoted against TGLBs refers to completely different practices of human behavior that predated our scientific understanding of the world and even its universe. The persons and practices outlawed there were religious rites and priesthoods of other religions, and not us.

The world and we who are in it have grown from the childhood of the Old Testament, and the birth years of orthodox Christianity (the founding of the Roman Cathoic church) into new stages of maturity with more diverse social strata than existed 1600 years ago. New ideas and behavior have replaced historical models, and have eliminated the need for an elite shamanic guidance system.

Sigh!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)

• Charlize
    • Ashley0616
    • Birdie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jacobb
    Newest Member
    jacobb

1. Adele Svetova
      Adele Svetova
      (25 years old)
    2. BROOKSGLASS
      BROOKSGLASS
      (34 years old)
    3. FinnyFinsterHH
      FinnyFinsterHH
      (16 years old)
    4. fool4luv
      fool4luv
      (26 years old)
    5. itsaddison
      itsaddison
      (20 years old)
    • Willow
      Good morning   @Ashley0616. So glad it wasn’t worse.  I did something similar when I was maybe 8. I was playing outside barefoot and stepped on a piece of broken glass. My mother zoomed into action when I told her.     @awkward-yet-sweet welcome back to the working world. Mental work is just as tiring as physical but both feel good.  It’s a different kind of tired when you wake up.   @Birdie what a beautiful young woman you were.   i made a pot since it’s Sunday. Last time for a while I’ll be grinding beans.  Somehow I messed up and bought already ground the last time.  I know I was in a bit of a rush at the time.  That just doesn’t pay.  Slow down and take the time to read the package.     at least we can use this up making single cups too.  We have a replacement for the pod holder that allows you to use ground coffee or tea leaves. I suppose herbs could be used if that’s your thing but it’s never been this girl’s.  (Like I said too conservative and goody two shoes)   Well here I sit in my sleep sweatshirt from Buc-ee’s while the dog is signaling she would like to go out.   i suppose I should finish up and get ready for the day.  And a nice one it will be. Mostly sunny high of 76.  I should go sit by the pool this afternoon.   Willow    
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
      Do you have a motto or mantra?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Neither up nor down, just being.
    • Heather Shay
      Tension is not a well-understood psychological state. It can be both positive and negative, much like stress itself. A 2015 research paper on the theoretical framework of tension notes it's an anticipatory emotional state which tends to be associated with: conflict.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • atlantis63
      thanks. good to be back
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/27/politics/lgbtq-health-care-biden-administration-rules-affordable-care-act/index.html   Personally, I think this is a very good thing.   Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I'd love to have a dinner party with Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Voltaire, and Ayn Rand.  Would definitely be an interesting time. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      In the forward I learn that transgenderism is bad, and somewhere else that transgender ideology is bad.  I have not yet read a definition of either in the document.  I assume they are the same.  I know Focus on a Family has a definition of transgenderism on their website, or did, but I am not sure this is the same as that.  I might agree that transgenderism is bad if they use a definition I condemn (e.g. transgenderism means you always pour ketchup in your shoes before you put them on - I could not agree to that).  Is someone who believes in transgenderism, whatever it is, a transgenderist? I never see that term.  There may be other definitions out there, but I don't think there is an Official Definition that we all agree to.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Crazy fact, was gonna go to the school where this went down at before I moved, have a lot of friends there. I know at least one of my friends met the guy on one occasion, not knowing who it was.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They are thinking of Loudon.  The problem there was the girls were not protected from a known predator, who was moved from one school to another instead being effectively disciplined.  Outlaw school administrators? <sarc>
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.