• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

HRT question

Guest Makki12

Guest Makki12

Hey so I'm 26 days on T now (feels great) and i was wondering what the typical dosage is for T? My doctor is having me inject ******* once a month. I wanted to talk to him to see If i could do a more frequent dose (ever week/every other) type of thing and was wondering if you guys thought I should bring it up to him. I am scheduled to go in to get my second shot on the 4th and thought I should call to schedule an appointment to talk to him about this before the second shot. Any suggestons?

Also does anyone have any advice on changing your name in IL? Thanks!

~Kai

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Dosages removed in accord with the T & Cs
  • Admin

Kai, we don't allow discussion of dosages in the forums. It is something I encourage you to talk to your doctor about, as we are not medical professionals.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Whar form of T are you taking? The half life of testosterone cypionate tends to be about a week so most inject once a week or every other week. Once a month seems like a stretch if you're taking that form of T.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andrew Parker

I started off getting my shot every 3 weeks, she wanted me to start off slow because I was only 15 at the time. My dose was recently raised to every other week. Once a month seems like a long time, but your doc might have a reason for that. You should definitely ask about it.