• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Won't Be Seeing My Doc for a While

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

21 months ago when I began HRT, my doctor wanted to see me every 3 months. After a while, it became every six months. I just saw her today, and my labs were so good, she said she would not need to see me again for a year. :D

Aside from the money it saves me, there is the satisfaction of knowing that my physical transition is going well, and is trouble free. My GP now orders my blood tests, including E and T levels.

My HRT doctor asked me how I was doing, meaning "how is transition been for you?" She had remembered that I was planning to go full time last spring. She smiled broadly when I told her all the good things that have happened. I get the feeling that she truly enjoys hearing success stories.

I asked for written scrip, so I could shop around my local pharmacies instead of going to the LGBT center, which is not convenient. If anyone has advice as to which is cheaper for Estradiol and Spiro; Wally World, Walgreen's., or Costco, I would appreciate it.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Carolyn! It's great to know things are progressing so well.

If the prescriptions are on their $4 prescription list it's hard to beat Wally World but I don't know if they are. They'll be happy to tell you over the phone. At least mine was on a med I called about once.

Love & Hugs

Johnny

Guest John Chiv

Carolyn,

So very happy for you. You are a great role model of how to transition. Listening to your doctor, taking care of yourself makes a huge difference. Wish I could help you out with the prescription information.

John

• Admin

Yeah!!! I can't say what the other pharmacies do, but Wal Mart and Costco are about the same and relatively inexpensive if the scrip allows generics. I belong to Kaiser and get my pills through them for both of my HRT meds. My ex wife was getting her E through Wal Mart before they took her off the stuff and was paying about $7.00 per month.

Guest Sanjiyan

I have been shopping around myself. If my initial blood work is good I start on Monday. :D The good news is that if you don't mind generics, you have a lot of places to choose. There seems to be a bit of a price war or something like that with the discount store pharmacies. Most of them list their bargain meds online so you can look them up. For me the cheapest place is Price Chopper(grocery store). Though it may be different for you, as they have different prices for different dosages, and they have quantity limits. After that, it would be Walmart, Target, and Stop & Shop. They all had the same pricing for the same dosages. Witch would be their $4.00 generics program for 30 pills at the dosages they have. That would be for Spiro, and Estradiol. I hope that helps you out.

Love,

-Lena